• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun industry leaders, allies defy NRA on background checks

Yeah, this thread is getting a little trollish, so let's change the subject a bit.

Just did an estimate for a transmission replacement for a box truck that belongs to a local plumber. He's a bit short on cash right now, but offered me an AR, several PMags and ammo in exchange for the job. We are both residents of Georgia so a person to person exchange is perfectly legal... for now. Should I take it? No 4473 form here, just a little private business. Thing is I don't even care for the AR platform, but I bet I could make some money off of it. So this would be a legal private sale with the intent of selling for profit. What do you think? Get it while I can?

Absolutely. If any ban goes through you could be sitting on a handsome profit, if not you still got a good deal.

Yeah, this thread is getting a little trollish, so let's change the subject a bit.

Just did an estimate for a transmission replacement for a box truck that belongs to a local plumber. He's a bit short on cash right now, but offered me an AR, several PMags and ammo in exchange for the job. We are both residents of Georgia so a person to person exchange is perfectly legal... for now. Should I take it? No 4473 form here, just a little private business. Thing is I don't even care for the AR platform, but I bet I could make some money off of it. So this would be a legal private sale with the intent of selling for profit. What do you think? Get it while I can?

Beware, it might be stolen. Call the serial number into the police and have them run it. You don't have to tell him your doing it. Say you are getting the serial number to check what year is was made or some other excuse. Or just make the deal, but GET THE GUN FIRST and run the number past the police prior to doing the work.

If it is stolen and you get stoppped for some reason and police run it, minimally they'll confiscate it (permanently) and it could be worse than that for you.

Beware, it might be stolen. Call the serial number into the police and have them run it. You don't have to tell him your doing it. Say you are getting the serial number to check what year is was made or some other excuse. Or just make the deal, but GET THE GUN FIRST and run the number past the police prior to doing the work.

If it is stolen and you get stoppped for some reason and police run it, minimally they'll confiscate it (permanently) and it could be worse than that for you.

Good advice. I have a few friends in the police department who would help me out with that. If it comes up stolen I haven't lost anything.

Back
Top Bottom