• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun industry leaders, allies defy NRA on background checks

85% of gun owners support background checks for all gun sales. Gifting to family is exempted in the proposed bill in Congress.
That number is false and you well know it, it was a "simple poll" that asked aspecific questions of the viewing audience(which happens to be liberal) and used a 1500 = 314M formulation. Yeah, that's scientific.:roll:

85% of gun owners support background checks for all gun sales. Gifting to family is exempted in the proposed bill in Congress.

I have no intention on performing BGCs on those with whom I'm familiar, nor will I do so. If the poll questions were properly framed, I would expect you'd get a different response...

your goal is to ban guns. So you support any incremental step that helps further that goal. The current UBGC scheme will fail Then people like you will demand that all guns have to be registered in order to actually enforce the stupid UBGC legislation

No it isn't. You are lying again. I've told you a hundred times it will be at least 200 years before that happens in the US.

Got anything on-topic to contribute?

I have no intention on performing BGCs on those with whom I'm familiar, nor do I intend to do so. If the poll questions were properly framed, I would expect you'd get a different response...

The question framed was, do you support background checks for all gun sales, and 85% of gun owners said yes. What ever passes Congress will be less restrictive than that so your point is moot.

No it isn't. You are lying again. I've told you a hundred times it will be at least 200 years before that happens in the US.

Got anything on-topic to contribute?

that is a funny question coming from a poster whose main responses involve parrot squawking the same silly poll over and over and who constantly refuses to answer tough questions such as how would the government enforce this new law when it has only seen fit to charge 277 people out of almost 2 million who supposedly lied on a 4473

and it cannot be enforced because I have no duty to keep a record of what I own or what I sold

That number is false and you well know it, it was a "simple poll" that asked aspecific questions of the viewing audience(which happens to be liberal) and used a 1500 = 314M formulation. Yeah, that's scientific.:roll:

Not familiar with how national polls are conducted are you? Try the Google!

you have never even told us what the actual questions were

You mean that all the "national polls" you use are one sided because they cherry pick questions asked and the target audience? *GASP*, seriously, you've just admitted polling is useless right here.

that is a funny question coming from a poster whose main responses involve parrot squawking the same silly poll over and over and who constantly refuses to answer tough questions such as how would the government enforce this new law when it has only seen fit to charge 277 people out of almost 2 million who supposedly lied on a 4473

and it cannot be enforced because I have no duty to keep a record of what I own or what I sold

If you think that, than you have no worries with the new law if it passes. It won't affect your gun sales profits if they can't make you do it right?

You mean that all the "national polls" you use are one sided because they cherry pick questions asked and the target audience? *GASP*, seriously, you've just admitted polling is useless right here.

far lefties think individual rights should be subject to popular opinion. They support the rule of the mediocre and substituting quality for quantity

If you think that, than you have no worries with the new law if it passes. It won't affect your gun sales profits if they can't make you do it right?

YOu really do post some of the most moronic responses. I am offended anytime stupid laws are passed due to an appeal to the ignorant and the emotional

Ha! What a loony post.

far lefties think individual rights should be subject to popular opinion. They support the rule of the mediocre and substituting quality for quantity
I mean, why let ethics and law get in the way when you really really want something right? :roll:

YOu really do post some of the most moronic responses. I am offended anytime stupid laws are passed due to an appeal to the ignorant and the emotional

It is only the far right gun nuts that think it is a stupid proposal.

It is only the far right gun nuts that think it is a stupid proposal.

far right gun nuts=anyone who has actually thought this through

Nope, we aren't a democracy and your polls are skewed. Not my fault you are arguing in the wrong direction.

That's what Karl Rove said about the polls that predicted reelection of the President. How'd that turn out for him! :lamo

That's what Karl Rove said about the polls that predicted reelection of the President. How'd that turn out for him! :lamo

a typical non relevant response.

News flash, I'm not a Republican and not a fan of Karl Rove so it's not a big insult to me. Here's the deal, when your people commit perjury, and that's what this is, we will eventually have people with the stones to throw them in jail where they belong. Know why your party lost in '94? I do, it was a combination of trying to go with HillaryCare and the "assault weapons ban" which is why your boy former President Bill Clinton told them not to introduce gun control, because people like you are going to be crying after your party gets thrown out on their asses.

Not that the Republicans are much better.

a typical non relevant response.

I've told you if you want a relevant response, you first have to make a relevant point. You should try it sometime!

I've told you if you want a relevant response, you first have to make a relevant point. You should try it sometime!

lets take a poll of people who post on the gun forums as to which of us two makes more relevant posts

what do you think the answer will be?

when I ask you about your silly law your parrot squawk response is to cite some silly poll

lets take a poll of people who post on the gun forums as to which of us two makes more relevant posts

what do you think the answer will be?

when I ask you about your silly law your parrot squawk response is to cite some silly poll

You still have nothing relevant to say I see!

You still have nothing relevant to say I see!

obviously anything that is inconsistent with the statist psychobabble and pillowheaded peacenik disarmament mutterings you spew is not seen as relevant by you. bwaaak guns bad bwaaaak guns bad appears to be the only thing you accept

The real question is how did that turn out for us .... an abysmal failure.

Yeah, this thread is getting a little trollish, so let's change the subject a bit.

Just did an estimate for a transmission replacement for a box truck that belongs to a local plumber. He's a bit short on cash right now, but offered me an AR, several PMags and ammo in exchange for the job. We are both residents of Georgia so a person to person exchange is perfectly legal... for now. Should I take it? No 4473 form here, just a little private business. Thing is I don't even care for the AR platform, but I bet I could make some money off of it. So this would be a legal private sale with the intent of selling for profit. What do you think? Get it while I can?

Back
Top Bottom