• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Free Signs: Homes

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Should homes that are gun free...have to post a sign?

A counter-question is should we post gun-free signs? That only invites gun crime as we see over and over. Since criminals don't read laws maybe only the informed will know which ones are gun free. It works for CCW.

Did you say that about the newspaper that published those addresses - I don't remember.

I think it was the other way around, the newspaper posted gun owners homes. I don't recall weighing in on that issue here, but yes, that was also malicious.

yeah they should, why should they benefit from the uncertainty instilled in the minds of criminals who don't know who has guns

I think it was the other way around, the newspaper posted gun owners homes. I don't recall weighing in on that issue here, but yes, that was also malicious.

It was and good to see you thought that then. But I'm with Maggie, I'd do that too.

Wouldn't that serve the purpose of creating a national gun registry by default? Too funny.

Wouldn't that serve the purpose of creating a national gun registry by default? Too funny.

NOpe, only those clowns who want to ban others from owning guns would be denied the coverage of the umbrella. People who don't own guns but do not wish to deny others that right would be not be uncovered. its only those hypocrites who don't want anyone owning guns gaining protection

Are you volunteering to walk around to collect all the data. It's not like you have to register to buy a sign.

Of course not. What purpose would it serve anyway?

Or are we talking about homes that don't want visitors bringing guns on the property similar to businesses that post 'no gun' signs? In that case, if they feel that strongly about it then maybe they should. Otherwise, it's fine to simply ask someone to leave if they're carrying a gun and you don't appreciate it. I make a point of letting someone know that I have a carry permit and asking if it's okay if I bring a gun into their house if I'm visiting them.

NOpe, only those clowns who want to ban others from owning guns would be denied the coverage of the umbrella. People who don't own guns but do not wish to deny others that right would be not be uncovered. its only those hypocrites who don't want anyone owning guns gaining protection
LOL! For starters, how could possibly be forced to advertise a lack of an item? What's next Beware, no Dog here signs? Secondly, as someone who trembles in anger at the mere thought of a comprehensive database of gun owners, you might wanna think twice before forcing everyone who doesn't own a firearm from publicly advertising so. Good Thinkin'!

I didn't take the OP's suggestion literally.... rather that he was trying to prove a point, that those who don't believe in private gun ownership would probably not be too keen on putting such a sign up in their front yard, knowing that it might attract criminals.

LOL! For starters, how could possibly be forced to advertise a lack of an item? What's next Beware, no Dog here signs? Secondly, as someone who trembles in anger at the mere thought of a comprehensive database of gun owners, you might wanna think twice before forcing everyone who doesn't own a firearm from publicly advertising so. Good Thinkin'!

I want criminals to target the homes of people who want others to be defenseless, not the homes of those who don't try to impose disarmament on others.

You see, in gun free cities like Chicago, honest people live in fear of armed criminals. its time for the gun banners to get that experience

I want criminals to target the homes of people who want others to be defenseless, not the homes of those who don't try to impose disarmament on others.
Because every household who doesn't own a firearm wants others to be defenseless. Again, some real top shelf reasoning there.

You see, in gun free cities like Chicago, honest people live in fear of armed criminals. its time for the gun banners to get that experience
Not only would defining and quantifying these "banners" be impossible, your apparent desire to see a specific portion of the populace subjected to harm and violence is rather disturbing.

Perhaps a better solution would be to invite those who believe that private citizens should not be allowed to carry concealed firearms to post such a sign, and then point out the hypocrisy when they refuse. The goal should be to get people to think about their position, not to make them the target of violent crime.

Because every household who doesn't own a firearm wants others to be defenseless. Again, some real top shelf reasoning there.

Not only would defining and quantifying these "banners" be impossible, your apparent desire to see a specific portion of the populace subjected to harm and violence is rather disturbing.

you obviously didn't read my posts before starting to complain

I said those who choose not to own guns but WHO DO NOT WISH TO DISARM others need not have such signs

That's exactly what the very post you quoted DID NOT say.

you obviously didn't read my posts before starting to complain

I said those who choose not to own guns but WHO DO NOT WISH TO DISARM others need not have such signs
You're both correct. My mistake. The idea that we could effectively determine what each individuals true intentions are when it comes to these issues is still quite naive, unless you'd just rely on the honor system.

Perhaps a better solution would be to invite those who believe that private citizens should not be allowed to carry concealed firearms to post such a sign, and then point out the hypocrisy when they refuse. The goal should be to get people to think about their position, not to make them the target of violent crime.

actually nothing would teach them better than being victimized by violent criminals. That is what they wish to impose on others-so its time for some payback. many of the anti gun scum are wealthy elitists who have private security or in the case of assholes like Feinstein and Bloomberg-publicly financed armed guards

I want people like bloomberg to live like the poor in Chicago when it comes to worrying about armed gangbangers and home invading robbers.

and if a few of those anti gun scumbags end up being raped or brutalized-well its no different than what their laws have imposed on far more innocent people

Back
Top Bottom