• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gun Control

Should we make hand guns illegal

• To make handguns illegal would make the innocent more vulnerable to those with guns

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • to ban handguns would tremendously reduce accidental deaths

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

politicomind

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
There are many angles to the gun control issue, mainly, who is being killed by the guns. The victims of guns are mostly the violent killing each other on the streets. Gang members killing gang members. The next largest group of people killed by guns are innocent people nearby as by standers, or people who are victimized in a robbery, or simply someone who pissed off someone else who happened to have a gun. Then, the greatest population of victims is children who are accidently shot sneaking back into their own homes or children who play with improperly hidden loaded guns and accidently shoot and kill themselves. From my own experience I know of more people shot accidently than of people shot deliberately. I only know of two people actually murdered, but I know of four people accidentally shot.

Another detrimental aspect of having guns in our society is the ease of robbery associated with having a gun. It is difficult to rob someone without having a gun, but it is tremendously easy to rob someone while carrying a gun. Thus, robberies would decrease if guns were not permitted. Also, if guns were illegal, and only the ciminally minded had guns, it then would be a greater crime to merely have one, which would lead to longer jail sentences of those that merely possess them.

As for the benefits of hand guns. One liberal claimed that if everyone of legal age carried a handgun, then no one would ever be able to commit an armed robbery or be able to shoot an innocent person, because the moment that one aggressive criminal pulls a gun, ten innocent law abiding citizens could protect themselves and innocent people with a handgun.

This is evident in the cases when a jewelry store owner in the south kept a handgun behind the register and in the course of eight years used it four times to protect himself and his store. Another case when a young black female had a carries permit and brought her gun to her convenience store job, used on a male who used a weapon to rob her and her store, yet she was able to shot and disable the robber. In these cases guns protect the innocent and harm the criminal.

The other apparent benefit is that the people of the United States at least some of them feel safer to have weapons at their disposal in case an organized militia or foreign army should surprise attack our land, we as a people could organize ourselves to put up at least a guerilla defense.

On the one hand we have the ability to organize our territory, the ability of the innocent to defend against the criminal, but on the other hand we have the accidental or deliberate killing of the innocent or the accidentaly killing of children. It seems to be that we as a people are electing to protect the innocent and choicing to be able to keep our territory safe, even though some are accidentaly getting killed.

24 posts and starting a gun control thread? In polls?

Not supposed to, so I won't.

Question: Did you read your own post before you clicked submit?

Have you went and searched similar threads to make sure you are not rehashing old bullshit?

You paid how friggin much for a muffler? (Yes, unwashed masses, I've been wearing that out lately, by now you should ALL know why).

What's your name? Politicomind?

I'm teacher. How do?

Who let this guy in?

Another detrimental aspect of having guns in our society is the ease of robbery associated with having a gun. It is difficult to rob someone without having a gun, but it is tremendously easy to rob someone while carrying a gun.

I can rob your weak azz with a 2x4 with a friggin nail in it.

Cause you are not half the man i am and you ain't got a mother figgin gun.

So, where exactly is it you live? Nancy. tgcm...booyea.

Listen, sport, I have the gun issue down to one anology followed up by one simple question that none on this site dare answer.

Your premise is flawed, your logic non existant, obviously your life experience is that of a 12 year old girl, you lose octagon fights to the younger neighbor's daughter, and worse, which is not your fault at all, you've never ran into the likes of me.

But, here's where you are lucky. Let me jump you through hoops and then grow up.

I'm teacher, it's my name and what I do.

There WILL be a test.

Nuff said.

Sadly, I don't know what it is that you are trying to express. Your rant seems to come from a weird angle, as in, it was not directed at you, but you do realize how many forum rules you just violated in two posts.

I am really befuddled as to what you are trying to accomplish or express. Are any of us more informed or are you better off by making those posts. What are you doing. Make a sensible intelligent response. Please act maturely.

Hook...

Sadly, I don't know what it is that you are trying to express.

Thank you for making it simple for me.

Bro, I'm different, I'm nuts, genius nuts, and I've you figured out allready. Your MO, your take, your mthod, your life. You AIN'T got what it takes.

You are very one post simple.

I'm gonna change your life. It's gonna be rough, but in the end the truth for you is best. Lemme ask you, do you want to go through life thinking you are the man or do you want to know for sure you are not/

I can help you with this.

Your rant seems to come from a weird angle,

Thank you, and congrats, you ain't quite so dence. Maybe.

as in, it was not directed at you,

And you think it was why?

but you do realize how many forum rules you just violated in two posts.

Rule Nazi...eh?

Lettuce end that right now sport.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/472221-post695.html

See how that works?

End your rule fetish right now. I can get around them.

I have tools you do not know exist and will be happy to threaten you with them. Don't mean at this point I will, and likely will not, as I never see you as being worthy.

I am really befuddled as to what you are trying to accomplish or express.

I'm challenging you on your gun take. You posted that swill, I'm in your face. What, you think you can post weak and have it be law. I've made a new law round these here parts. Logic. Truth. Couple years running sport. You are not gonna be the first.

It's a political DEBATE site.

Not a platform for you to run with it.

Are any of us more informed or are you better off by making those posts.

Im smarter than you. Way more experienced in life. Twice the man as you. (Oh, that's gonna cost me). And I truely enjoy caving in the skulls of those that can't think for themslves. Like you. You are NOT gonna last long.
What are you doing.
Kicking your teeth in.

Make a sensible intelligent response.
This is my second. Get better.

Please act maturely.

You are gonna pay for that, you just don't know it yet.

Foul mood. Again.

Gonna PM sport here and get done with this.

Enjoy.

Never mind. he had time to read, green light on, then green light off.

Anyone got any heavy blocks that they need moved?

Last edited:
I delight in your rage against a computer screen. I tinkles me in sensitve spot to imagine your head swelling in plutonic wrath, your head turning a beautiful bright red. I do know in my wisdom and experience that the more dignified and reserved I act, the more lustfully and passionately inflamed you will get, because you cannot bring me down to your level in the bottom tier of intellectual wit and debating gamesmanship. Rather, I will toss the best of Ann Rande at you just to see if it can defuse that swelling cranium of yours. "it is the brute incapable of communications that resorts to threats and violence, whereas the intellectual merely expresses himself."

Shall you be the brute pounding your flabby chest in front of a computer screen in your lonely home with no elegance or shall you muster all your strength and concentrate and simply make an intelligent statement. Stop pretending your super man, and prove it with such elegant speech and expressive candor that I must bow to your hideous feet. Defeat me intellectually, I'll be impressed. Act the brute, and I will expel you from the realm of respectability within my mind, ever to be inconsequential to my throught process. Because, of course, I only respect the opinions of the respectable. And you are teetering on the edge of being completely worthless to me. Of course, you do realize that you haven't made a single intelligent point about gun control or anything else. So, stop the mud slinging and stop trying to hoist your rotting body on a pedestial and beat me like an intellectual ... intelligently. Otherwise, I'll think your just all wind and no mind. I do feel that maybe I am wasting a little bit too much time on you. But I do enjoy the moment when your blood pressure will most likely tern your vision blood red with infuriation. But maybe your just a little too pent up, but we'll see, mini me, give it a shot and say something worth reading.

You do realize that if you don't make a point about gun control or a point about anything this will be the end of our discussion and I will totally ignore you as being far below respectable. Quit wasting time saying what you can't do and just try to make an intellectual argument ... it is of course a debate board.

Actually, I have thought about it now for about ten minutes, and your little basement routine, already puts you into the essence of being completely worthless to me. So I thank you for the amusement and I thank you for responses, but this is the end of our discussions. As far as we go, there is nothing more to say. As I said before you are teetering on the edge of being worthless. Now, your basement submission convinced me that you are not worth wasting another moment on. To me you are as valuable as the creature in the basement in the goonies. Enjoy yourself... to you, this is my last word.

Last edited:
Re: Who let this guy in?

I can rob your weak azz with a 2x4 with a friggin nail in it.

Cause you are not half the man i am and you ain't got a mother figgin gun.

So, where exactly is it you live? Nancy. tgcm...booyea.

Listen, sport, I have the gun issue down to one anology followed up by one simple question that none on this site dare answer.

Your premise is flawed, your logic non existant, obviously your life experience is that of a 12 year old girl, you lose octagon fights to the younger neighbor's daughter, and worse, which is not your fault at all, you've never ran into the likes of me.

But, here's where you are lucky. Let me jump you through hoops and then grow up.

I'm teacher, it's my name and what I do.

There WILL be a test.

Nuff said.

Moderator's Warning:
I'm not sure what the point of all this, and your subsequent posts, was, other then personal attacks. You need to stop. Keep it downstairs, where it belongs.

Personal opinion: Gun Control is one of the worst actions that could be taken on this issue.

Disarming the law-abiding does nothing but make life easier for criminals.
Thus, it makes no sense to disarm the law abiding.

There are many angles to the gun control issue, mainly, who is being killed by the guns. The victims of guns are mostly the violent killing each other on the streets. Gang members killing gang members
Most people killed by guns are victims of their own stupidity -- most gun deaths are suicides.

The next largest group of people killed by guns are innocent people nearby as by standers, or people who are victimized in a robbery, or simply someone who pissed off someone else who happened to have a gun.
Thats a pretty broad category.

Then, the greatest population of victims is children who are accidently shot sneaking back into their own homes or children who play with improperly hidden loaded guns and accidently shoot and kill themselves.
In 2004, 121 children died from accidental gunshots. That's a pretty small number.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom