• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun control ruled constitutional in WA State

That's funny. We don't have a lot of laws on gun control in this country. That's the problem.

Bologna!

Just go down and purchase a gun at a gun store

I just don't know how someone can believe you do not need basic training to operate a firearm.

You need training to operate a boat, car, motorcycle, why not a firearm?
You need training to operate a boat,

That's new news to me?

You have to register to vote.

Gun owners should have to register to possess a gun.

To get a polling place and appropriate ballots, voters give particulars of their address.

Gun owners should give the particulars of their firearms possession.

If you move you have to notify officials of your new address.

Gun owners should be required to do the same.

You see, it isn't that difficult to understand.

If you support voting regulation, you should support gun regulation.

Perhaps it's because you have to prove that you're a citizen?(Rolling eyes)

Nope! sounds like NAZI Germany to me

Perhaps it's because you have to prove that you're a citizen?(Rolling eyes)

Nope! sounds like NAZI Germany to me

Come on. You really don't believe that, do you? Not with that guy as president?

And how do you get that license? You have to pass a written test, a performance test, and a visual test.

As I said, driving a car is far more difficult and dangerous than owning a gun.

I have seen "responsible" gun owners who do not follow this rule.

And I've seen people with driver's licenses smash their cars into other cars at high speed. What's your point?

As I said, driving a car is far more difficult and dangerous than owning a gun.

And I've seen people with driver's licenses smash their cars into other cars at high speed. What's your point?

It is nice that we see common ground. I knew you support common sense gun control.

It is nice that we see common ground. I knew you support common sense gun control.

You mean unscientific gun control, right?

You mean unscientific gun control, right?

Jeez...I am guessing we shouldn't have desegregated in the 60s based on "unscientific" evidence, right?

Jeez...I am guessing we shouldn't have desegregated in the 60s based on "unscientific" evidence, right?

You're the one who affirmed that we needed CDC to study all of the proposed Democratic gun control proposals.

You're the one who affirmed that we needed CDC to study all of the proposed Democratic gun control proposals.

We need to act now, we can do the research and analysis later. That's the fundamental difference between us: I believe the government has a role in this country

We need to act now, we can do the research and analysis later. That's the fundamental difference between us: I believe the government has a role in this country

I believe that government has a role, so that's not the difference. The fundamental difference is from the first sentence in your post.

I could support some common sense gun control that would have people register to own a weapon and it also acts as a nationally recognized carry permit.
To get a polling place and appropriate ballots, voters give particulars of their address.

Gun owners should give the particulars of their firearms possession.
You are assigned a particular polling place to make sure you are voting for the corret representation all all levels of government. Gun control does not work that way so the parallel between the two is a stretch at best.
If you move you have to notify officials of your new address.

Gun owners should be required to do the same.

You see, it isn't that difficult to understand.

If you support voting regulation, you should support gun regulation.

Ok let's have the two tied together if you are registered to vote you are also registered to own and carry a firearm.

Western wa is the heart beat of wa state. Take away that section, the state goes bankrupt.

So what part of the state do you think feeds western wa.? Without that section you go hungry or depend on handouts.

you are a gun hater. You have been since you joined this board. So no one believes your claims that you just want a "little more" "reasonable" gun control. The vast majority of harm caused by people using firearms are by those with felony records. Only morons would think that a felon is going to sign up for training when he cannot legally buy a gun. Only morons think that people-who don't care about the consequences of murdering or robbing others, will worry about the consequences of not partaking of government mandated training.

Gun banners traditionally support ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that they think will harass gun owners. and if they can use non-compliance as an excuse to prosecute, all the better

And you know what really gets me? If a banner finds themselves in a jam (no police forthcoming soon) guess who they will turn to and plead for help? Good luck with that.

What common ground would that be?

And you know what really gets me? If a banner finds themselves in a jam (no police forthcoming soon) guess who they will turn to and plead for help? Good luck with that.

didn't some of the "Defund the police" punks call for the cops when someone started kicking their asses?

didn't some of the "Defund the police" punks call for the cops when someone started kicking their asses?

The police force should deescalate a situation. Many times they are the ones inciting violence and committing crimes.

The police force should deescalate a situation. Many times they are the ones inciting violence and committing crimes.

yeah its the police's fault that a bunch of losers decide to destroy property and harm innocents

Many on here would prefer the old Bull Connor approach.

Attack dogs and firehoses. That went over real well

Back
Top Bottom