• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Control Myth Exposed.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The gun control lobby myth is that states with tough gun laws have the lowest gun violence rates. Let’s take California as an example. They have the highest gun violence rate in America, but they also have the toughest gun laws on the books. New Jersey is second in gun violence as well as in tough gun laws. Massachusetts ranks third in both categories and New York ranks fourth in both .

The top 10 in gun violence are also the top 10 in gun laws and not only that but rank exactly the same place in gun violence as they rank with tough gun laws. Coincidence? Look for yourself!

Top 10 Strictest gun law states:

#10 - Pennsylvania | 10 states with the strictest gun laws | Deseret News

Top gun violence by state:

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

States with Lowest Gun Violence:

Top 10 Gun-Friendly States in the U.S.

Strange how the gun friendly states are at the bottom of gun violence by state isn't it?

Coincidence? Not a chance.

The gun control lobby myth is that states with tough gun laws have the lowest gun violence rates. Let’s take California as an example. They have the highest gun violence rate in America, but they also have the toughest gun laws on the books. New Jersey is second in gun violence as well as in tough gun laws. Massachusetts ranks third in both categories and New York ranks fourth in both .

The top 10 in gun violence are also the top 10 in gun laws and not only that but rank exactly the same place in gun violence as they rank with tough gun laws. Coincidence? Look for yourself!

Strange how the gun friendly states are at the bottom of gun violence by state isn't it?

They conveniently ignore those facts....... :spin: :alert to the gun control advocates!

Lies! It's all a Conservative plot to destroy America! Everyone with guns shoots everyone else or kills themself! A bane upon humanity! A curse upon the world! The arm of Satan himself reaches from the barrel of an assault weapon!!!

....No, not really.

+1 to statistics.

lies! It's all a conservative plot to destroy america! Everyone with guns shoots everyone else or kills themself! A bane upon humanity! A curse upon the world! The arm of satan himself reaches from the barrel of an assault weapon!!!

....no, not really.

+1 to statistics.

hahahahaha!

You know that facts are myths and myth are facts to gun control people.

You know that facts are myths and myth are facts to gun control people.

One myth you must have forgotten about is that Obama is coming for your guns! Sorry, not the case. Only assault weapons. Such as military grade guns. Ever wonder why it's so hard to buy and use a grenade? Because there are laws against buying and owning one. If you cannot protect yourself with a hand gun or a shotgun then you obviously chose the wrong path in life. Finally I will like to say that of course higher population in states is a factor. That being California as number one. I would agree that California would be number one. The gun murders don't follow which states is more gun friendly, it follows population! Look at California's gun murder rate. Texas isn't far behind! Neither is Florida! Why? Because population numbers. Not because of less gun laws.

One myth you must have forgotten about is that Obama is coming for your guns! Sorry, not the case. Only assault weapons. Such as military grade guns. Ever wonder why it's so hard to buy and use a grenade? Because there are laws against buying and owning one. If you cannot protect yourself with a hand gun or a shotgun then you obviously chose the wrong path in life. Finally I will like to say that of course higher population in states is a factor. That being California as number one. I would agree that California would be number one. The gun murders don't follow which states is more gun friendly, it follows population! Look at California's gun murder rate. Texas isn't far behind! Neither is Florida! Why? Because population numbers. Not because of less gun laws.

What are you talking about? Homicide rates are based on population, e.g. homicides per 100,000 residents, only the absolute number of homicides is likely to be higher in more populous states.

so much stupidity in that post. Assault weapons are not military grade guns. You prove you have almost no knowledge of the subject. You anti gun types only prove to me that your motivations are based on emotobabble rather than any real understanding and what you want to do is harass people you see as your enemies. For example, you figure by banning guns or harassing gun owners you are getting payback against a large number of people who oppose say your cherished gay marriage issue.

Why does chicago and DC lead the civilized world in handgun deaths despite bans in both cities that existed for decades? Less than 3% of all murders involved the larger group of weapons that "assault weapons" are a subset of

so why do the howling libtard politicians want to ban stuff that has almost no criminal misuse?

answer-becasue those guns tend to be popular with the hard core pro gun owners

It is not fair to use facts, this is an emotional issue. ;)

so much stupidity in that post. Assault weapons are not military grade guns. You prove you have almost no knowledge of the subject. You anti gun types only prove to me that your motivations are based on emotobabble rather than any real understanding and what you want to do is harass people you see as your enemies. For example, you figure by banning guns or harassing gun owners you are getting payback against a large number of people who oppose say your cherished gay marriage issue.

Why does chicago and DC lead the civilized world in handgun deaths despite bans in both cities that existed for decades? Less than 3% of all murders involved the larger group of weapons that "assault weapons" are a subset of

so why do the howling libtard politicians want to ban stuff that has almost no criminal misuse?

answer-becasue those guns tend to be popular with the hard core pro gun owners

I said such as. That didn't mean I was say that they are solidly and only military grade weapons.

And no, this is not "payback" for anything. This whole debate topic is the biggest flip I would say in history. I mean, Reagan did something for gun control and he was a Conservative hero! But when Liberals step up to bat, you hear everyone who agreed with the Conservatives who helped gun control booing and hissing at the thought that the Left wants to do something about it too.

I said such as. That didn't mean I was say that they are solidly and only military grade weapons.

And no, this is not "payback" for anything. This whole debate topic is the biggest flip I would say in history. I mean, Reagan did something for gun control and he was a Conservative hero! But when Liberals step up to bat, you hear everyone who agreed with the Conservatives who helped gun control booing and hissing at the thought that the Left wants to do something about it too.

1) tell us why you want to ban something that is almost never used in crime
2) tell us why we need to ban a style of gun when its already illegal for criminals to own any gun

3) tell us why civilians should not be able to own the same defensive weapon civilian employees of government use for self defense

4) tell us what sort of weapons you think the second amendment guarantees us

1) tell us why you want to ban something that is almost never used in crime
2) tell us why we need to ban a style of gun when its already illegal for criminals to own any gun

3) tell us why civilians should not be able to own the same defensive weapon civilian employees of government use for self defense

4) tell us what sort of weapons you think the second amendment guarantees us

1) America is number one in crime involving guns. Why is that?

2) Illegal for criminals? So you are saying that criminals are already criminals, that no one ever becomes a criminal from what we call a normal person?

3) Someone can get a gun if they have a solid background check and safety training.

4) It doesn't. If you read the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, then you will see the first part says something about a well regulated militia. Today, we call that the National Guard. Back in the day, they didn't have that so they needed people to have weapons incase of attack. So they needed men to be able to spring up into action right from home. Now because we have the National Guard, this amendment is no longer of use. It's basically there because people like you want to be able to use it to back up your claim that the Bill of Rights states you are allowed to have a gun if you want.

1) America is number one in crime involving guns. Why is that?

2) Illegal for criminals? So you are saying that criminals are already criminals, that no one ever becomes a criminal from what we call a normal person?

3) Someone can get a gun if they have a solid background check and safety training.

4) It doesn't. If you read the second amendment, Second Amendment to the United States Constitution then you will see the first part says something about a well regulated militia. Today, we call that the National Guard. Back in the day, they didn't have that so they needed people to have weapons incase of attack. So they needed men to be able to spring up into action right from home. Now because we have the National Guard, this amendment is no longer of use. It's basically there because people like you want to be able to use it to back up your claim that the Bill of Rights states you are allowed to have a gun if you want.

1) wrong, completely wrong

2) democrat schemes are designed to hassle honest people. a ban on "assault weapons" only applies to law abiding people-same with magazine limits

3) Not in Chicago, not in DC for years, and half the COMPETITION guns I own say NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA on their boxes

4) having lectured at several ABA accredited law schools on the second amendment and having been a guest on the NRA satellite radio program concerning the second amendment i laugh at your pathetic interpretation of the second amendment that ignores both the original intent and the Heller decision

1) wrong, completely wrong

2) democrat schemes are designed to hassle honest people. a ban on "assault weapons" only applies to law abiding people-same with magazine limits

3) Not in Chicago, not in DC for years, and half the COMPETITION guns I own say NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA on their boxes

4) having lectured at several ABA accredited law schools on the second amendment and having been a guest on the NRA satellite radio program concerning the second amendment i laugh at your pathetic interpretation of the second amendment that ignores both the original intent and the Heller decision

Say what you want. I disagree. Goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom