• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun control is not and has never been about saving lives

aociswundumho

Capitalist Pig
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
This idea that the federal government wants to impose more gun control to "save lives" is ludicrous on its face. This is the same government that has troops in seven countries and is killing people every single day. For evidence, I will use a left-wing source:

But unbeknownst to many Americans, the U.S. military and its allies are engaged in bombing and killing people in other countries on a daily basis. The U.S. and its allies have dropped more than 326,000 bombs and missiles on people in other countries since 2001 (see table below), including more than 152,000 in Iraq and Syria.

That's an average of 46 bombs and missiles per day, day in day out, year in year out, for nearly 20 years. In 2019, the last year for which we have fairly complete records, the average was 42 bombs and missiles per day, including 20 per day in Afghanistan alone.

I want a progressive here to tell me that the US federal government cares deeply about human life, and that is the sole motiviation for more gun control laws.

I want a progressive here to tell me that the US federal government cares deeply about human life, and that is the sole motiviation for more gun control laws.

The US federal government cares deeply about human life, and that is the sole motivation for more gun control laws.

(wow, that was easy. Can we close the thread now that the OP’s needs have been met? Thanks everyone!)

The US federal government cares deeply about human life, and that is the sole motiviation for more gun control laws.

(wow, that was easy. Can we close the thread now that the OP’s needs have been met? Thanks everyone!)
So the vietnam war, the war in Afghanistan, the people who died were cared about? The people who committed suicide afterwards?

If you believe that do you want to buy the Brooklyn bridge?

So the vietnam war, the war in Afghanistan, the people who died were cared about? The people who committed suicide afterwards?

If you believe that do you want to buy the Brooklyn bridge?

I dunno. You’ll have to take that up with aociswundumho. I was just trying to tell him what he wanted to hear.

how many Americans are killed by bow and arrows per year? baseball bats?

This idea that the federal government wants to impose more gun control to "save lives" is ludicrous on its face. This is the same government that has troops in seven countries and is killing people every single day. For evidence, I will use a left-wing source:

those who push gun control are almost always leftwing operatives or leftwing politicians. They do it for several reasons

1) to pander to the low wattage morons who DEMAND instant SOLUTIONS any time there is a tragedy

2) to pretend to do something about violent crime, while studiously avoiding doing anything that actually makes the lives of violent criminals less safe

3) to harass and obstruct legal gun ownership because leftwing politicians understand gun rights advocates usually oppose the creeping crud of collectivism that the left pushes. It is all about punishing the political enemies of the left

how many Americans are killed by bow and arrows per year? baseball bats?
well we do know that beatings and knives are involved in more murders than the Semi auto rifles that cause the weak-minded to lose bladder control

those who push gun control are almost always leftwing operatives or leftwing politicians. They do it for several reasons

1) to pander to the low wattage morons who DEMAND instant SOLUTIONS any time there is a tragedy

2) to pretend to do something about violent crime, while studiously avoiding doing anything that actually makes the lives of violent criminals less safe

3) to harass and obstruct legal gun ownership because leftwing politicians understand gun rights advocates usually oppose the creeping crud of collectivism that the left pushes. It is all about punishing the political enemies of the left
They are definitely always leftist, which can cross party lines (like with McCain, Collins, Snowe, Murkowski, and Trump), but generally speaking leftists are largely Democrats. Leftists never achieved any real power in the US until FDR became President in 1933. Which also explains the very first federal gun control law ever to be enacted since the Second Amendment was ratified 143 years prior.

With the rise of leftism to power, the more gun control, or to be more accurate: controlling guns, became their priority.

These days it is pretty safe to say every Democrat is a leftist. There are no Zell Millers any longer. No such thing as a conservative or moderate or centrist Democrat. They are all fanatical leftist fascists, no different from Benito Mussolini.

well we do know that beatings and knives are involved in more murders than the Semi auto rifles that cause the weak-minded to lose bladder control
Since I said guns and you only picked one type of gun can you then also only pick 1 type of knife?

That only seems fair.

Surely it depends on who is running the government.

83bb163c5fc957811f4d3e85d14273486cf5714a.gifv

Like we all know that trying to save lives is simply not a republican thing.

Gun control is not driven crime and homicide (though it's hoped both would be reduced)

Gun control is driven by the desire to significantly reduce shootings in general and mass shootings in particular.

Since I said guns and you only picked one type of gun can you then also only pick 1 type of knife?

That only seems fair.
why do the bannerrhoids target firearms that are rarely used in murders?

Gun control is not driven crime and homicide (though it's hoped both would be reduced)

Gun control is driven by the desire to significantly reduce shootings in general and mass shootings in particular.
what is a shooting if it is no a crime. are you lying and claiming mass shootings are not crime

the real motivation for gun control is to control others

I'm not a progressive but I figured out that we might have a problem back when we said going postal. From your post,
should I assume that you don't see a problem? If you think that maybe we have a problem, do you have any idea of a solution?

what is a shooting if it is no a crime. are you lying and claiming mass shootings are not crime

the real motivation for gun control is to control others

Did you not read my post. The bit about: "Gun control is not driven crime and homicide (though it's hoped both would be reduced)"

The real motivation of ALL laws is to control others.

Did you not read my post. The bit about: "Gun control is not driven crime and homicide (though it's hoped both would be reduced)"
I agree, gun control is a political weapon designed to harass conservatives. That is why 95% of gun control advocates are left-wingers.

I agree, gun control is a political weapon designed to harass conservatives. That is why 95% of gun control advocates are left-wingers.

Gun control is not about harassing conservatives.

Don't be so paranoid, three peer countries - the UK, Australia and Canada - have all enacted gun control in recent years follow a MASS shooting
Not just some sort of political ploy to p**s off right-wingers

Indeed the MASS shooting in the UK, in 1987, prompted gun control by Margaret Thatcher's right wing government.

I don't the two are connected in any way.

The National Firearms Act is gun control that pretty much everyone agrees is necessary.

How you can compare the National Firearms Act to drone strikes in Afghanistan are beyond me.

Surely it depends on who is running the government.

Like we all know that trying to save lives is simply not a republican thing.
I will not sacrifice my liberty upon government request, it doesn't matter who runs the country. That would make me a government slave. If government wants my liberty, they will have to take it from me. We have too many government slaves in the US, as evidenced by those who continue to wear masks and socially distance. They have become compliant sheep, like the German Jews during the 1930s who were forced to wear a Star of David to show their compliance. In the US, those who comply with the illegal masks mandates by leftist filth clearly indicates who the government sheep are that are just waiting to be slaughtered.

Who cares what it's about? I know I don't. Just get rid of the guns, I don't care about the pretext.

I'm not a progressive but I figured out that we might have a problem back when we said going postal. From your post,
should I assume that you don't see a problem? If you think that maybe we have a problem, do you have any idea of a solution?
The phrase "going postal" sprang into existence because there were three shootings at a USPS facility between 1986 and 1991. Developing a catchy phrase is not indicative of a problem, it is only indicative of someone's clever imagination.

There will always be those who abuse their constitutionally protected rights. When someone commits liable or slander, do we try to infringe on everyone's right to free speech? Obviously not, we hold those responsible for their actions. However, only when someone abuses their right to keep and bear arms do anti-American leftist filth squirm out from under their rock and demand that everyone's rights must be infringed because of one individual.

The goal of the anti-American leftist scum since 1933 has always been to disarm every American, and they will use any excuse to accomplish that goal.

Back
Top Bottom