• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Gun Control" advocates against Self Defense

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The more I have thought about this...the more I have begun to think about certain "weapons." The 2nd Amendment does not say anything about firearms. It says arms. How would the lawman define arms? That would be a "weapon" as far as I am concerned right? Now. The outrageous claim I made? Well. Can anyone give me a good reason why Dart Firing tasers would be subjected to regulation?

Florida Statute 790.06

12)(a) A license issued under this section does not authorize any person to openly carry a handgun or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into:

13. Any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;

Why are dart firing stun guns against the rules? Why are we limiting the defensive weapons of those who decide to protect themselves? Does anyone have any good reason? My girlfriend actually sparked this thought in my mind too. Why should she not be allowed to carry a dart firing taser? She is limited to pepper spray...which after watching a few hours of cops...she was convinced she might as well give them a hallmark card along with whatever they want...or a taser that she must PHYSICALLY TOUCH a BG with. What the hell? What brain dead reject decided that an electrical taser was a bad if it fires darts? It sucks bad enough as it is to be confined to that right? I am sick of the "limitations" on what "should be" used in self defense. The reality is that if you need to defend your life, and you are a law abiding citizen, the only limitation that should exist is explosive ordinance do the "area of effect" on the weapon. Sigh.

There are LOTS of ridiculous anti-gun laws. For example, in the Tucson city limits it's illegal for me to fire an airsoft pistol in my own back yard but archery.....no problem.

Back
Top Bottom