• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Confiscation - Not a Scare - A Reality [W: 70]

Re: Gun Confiscation - Not a Scare - A Reality

The restrictions that you say you can ‘live with” serve no purpose other than as stepping stones to the ones you say you cannot.

If you're not fully on our side, you're not on our side.

What is happening in California is as much the fault of you and other “moderates” like yourself as it is of those who overtly oppose the right to keep and bear arms.

hence my comments about people like him needing to lance to boil

To those that say "it can never happen here" I say you are wrong; it may not happen soon. But it can still happen.

Only if we let it...

We've had this discussion before. Its what makes it possible for people to call you and extremist. In fact I begnin to wonder if you aren't one of those few who take on such an extreme position to give anti's something to point at.

The restrictions that you say you can ‘live with” serve no purpose other than as stepping stones to the ones you say you cannot.

If you're not fully on our side, you're not on our side.

What is happening in California is as much the fault of you and other “moderates” like yourself as it is of those who overtly oppose the right to keep and bear arms.

He's right, reasonable are willing to accept these incremental changes along the way.
cuz gee no one wants to be seen as a crazed gun loving nutbar and sure enough the goal all along was complete disarmament.

a reasonable man cannot deal with an unreasonable one
he's just gotta shoot em :tongue4:

Let's deny them their Constitutional rights so they learn not to deny people their Constitutional rights.

Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone willing to deny me my rights, should lose theirs.

hah I love Az you've alway been able to open carry here
then they added shall issue CCW
then...
they got rid of it now anyone from a lawl abiding citizen
to a convicted felon to an illegal alien Mexican drug cartel member
can carry concealed, makes sense don't it?

Glad to see you have a red line.

I am concerned that since a higher court allowed this to happen it is now the rule of law.

I think this law to confisicate SKS rifles shouldn't have been passed and I think it should be struck down in court. And yes, I don't outright say it because I don't believe it, its not being I'm "hiding" something. I'm pretty damn clear about what I mean.

The problem is that most gun threads aren't just about guns they are about something else like state nullification of Federal Law and other wildly stupid concepts that need to be corrected, or in the case of this thread we have someone who advocates for taking away the Constitutional rights of others because they don't agree with him politically.

Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone willing to deny me my rights, should lose theirs.

Then I suppose you'd agree that you should lose your right to keep and bear arms because you're denying the rights of others, but wait what am I saying you're different, you're special, it wouldn't be right to hold you to the same standards as you hold others to. Silly me.

Then I suppose you'd agree that you should lose your right to keep and bear arms because you're denying the rights of others, but wait what am I saying you're different, you're special, it wouldn't be right to hold you to the same standards as you hold others to. Silly me.

You got it backwards, no surprise. I would not deny anyone their 2A rights except under strict reasoning. But anyone willing to take mine, dont deserve theirs.
So, who's rights am I infringing on?
Yes, silly you.

The problem is that most gun threads aren't just about guns they are about something else like state nullification of Federal Law and other wildly stupid concepts that need to be corrected, or in the case of this thread we have someone who advocates for taking away the Constitutional rights of others because they don't agree with him politically.
So if a president just comes out with Supreme Court backing and nullifies the 2A, I should just hand over my firearms?
Oh, and this is not a "gun thread" its a "gun control" thread.
You wanna talk guns, fine. Watcha got? Or do you want to talk gun control, which I am vehemently opposed to.

So if a president just comes out with Supreme Court backing and nullifies the 2A, I should just hand over my firearms?
yep or become a felon

now they are called domestic terrorists

If true, you have no biz owning a gun.

Why? My conviction was 20 years ago and I haven't broken a law since. How am I a threat to society...much less one person.

Edit; Know what, don't answer here. I'm going to make another thread just for this so as not to derail this one.

Last edited:

Why? My conviction was 20 years ago and I haven't broken a law since. How am I a threat to society...much less one person.

Edit; Know what, don't answer here. I'm going to make another thread just for this so as not to derail this one.
Oh, goodie.

whmxdh.jpg

You got it backwards, no surprise. I would not deny anyone their 2A rights except under strict reasoning. But anyone willing to take mine, dont deserve theirs.
So, who's rights am I infringing on?
Yes, silly you.

When I said "the rights of others" I was refering to the right to vote, not the 2nd Amendment. In other words if you're going to deny people the right to vote because they've denied you your 2A rights, even though this is CA and you're in FL, than you should be denied your 2A rights for denying the right to vote to others. Same argument just turned around. That is if you advocate like Lamidrighter to take away their representation because you disagree with them politically.

Oh, and this is not a "gun thread" its a "gun control" thread.
You wanna talk guns, fine. Watcha got? Or do you want to talk gun control, which I am vehemently opposed to.

yep or become a felon

The SCOTUS cannot nullify the Constitution.

doing so illegitimately
I myself am rather amazed by what has transpired recently
makes me believe nearly anything is possible at this point.

kb679c.jpg

dunno where you've been lately

They cannot do so legitimately. That has scarcely deterred them from doing so illegitimately.

Perhaps in your opinion, but legally they cannot do so. That's not to say I agree with everything they do or have done, but I acknowledge that in the realm of law that I shouldn't treat my opinion as the end all be all of an argument and that I should accept that not everything will always go the way I want it to. I acknowledge that being part of a diverse and large society that I shouldn't insist on getting my way all the time, that I shouldn't insist on society altering itself to conform to my desire, while at the same time I should make my desires known and seek out like minded people. For the simple sake of society stability and functioning government I shouldn't fight over every inch of every single issue and not yield anything without making my opponent bleed for it.

fight over every inch of every single issue
At this point the fight is over if it ever began in the first place, I'm convinced the American public will allow anything to happen going forward. I say this as someone that has watched things go one direction since I was born in 59. Both my parents were military officers, born 1919 so you can guess their values, I recall the 60's. The Federal seat belt law hah my parents actually said it was wrong, little did we know it would end up with incandescent bulbs being outlawed. Review Reagan's 64 speech on socialized medicine. The ACA and the bankruptcy of the nation both morally and financially seems inevitable.

Up until recently I thought there would be singular event that would cause the American people to demand a reversal but in talking with my Son and the other college kids in their mid-twenties I'm convinced a reversal will not come. When I rail about the issues of the day they pat me on the head and say there there AngryOldMan none of that stuff effects you, does any of that stuff effect you? I wonder if the average German in early thirties thought the same way?

He did point out that his generation wasn't worried about the debt and entitlement liabilities, he says: we aren't going to pay that. He has a point, at the rate we are going there seems to be an intention to run this nation into the ground. Odd thing the real wealth of the nation is all still here , the GDP is still ~ 15 trillion (flat no growth) the people, the resources, knowledge base. Obama has done the exact opposite of what would jump start a recovery form day one. The depression we are in like the downturn that lasted through the 70's is a result of the boomer generation all reaching the age where they cut back spending all at once. If we'd been prudent we would have arrived at 2008 with an
actual Federal surplus low taxation and a dollar so strong the world would have been complaining for years. Instead of personal debt and no real assets the average kid would be on track to inherit considerable personal wealth (real assets) not have parents hoping to work till they can get SSI/Medicaid.
(Harry S. Dent pointed out that as the boomers pulled their money out of the stock
market and shifted those assets into safer investments the dow would drop, guess we never dreamed of 85 billion a month being poured in there by the Fed)? and be handed a nation with bankrupt State, City and Federal governments that now view their citizens as property of the State.

I used to say that when the Federal Funds Rate moves off zero Watch out! The interest on the debt will destroy the dollar, I recall the sky high rates at the end of the Carter administration. But things are quite different now, then we were poised to go on a multi-decade run fueled by the baby boom in their peak spending & and productive years.
The echo boom is just that an echo their effects will be felt in the 2018 ~ 22 timeframe
then fizzle out. hah it has been said that half the reason Ted Kennedy started the flood of illegal immigration is that we need a docile underclass that reproduces to pay for the entitlement programs.

Japans peak earning population bubble burst in 1990, I realize now our rate stuck at zero since 2008 may be there for quite some time.

Japan’s two lost decades are worth considering

Who knows what the effect will be when the Fed stops easing (none of you lefties come and say we are in a recovery plz).
If the Fed moves the rate off zero the interest will chew up a greater and greater of the budget. Everyone knows the result if you attempt to monetize the debt :shock:

Some say part of the cause of WWII was the depression, there were other far greater factors butt

Alvin Toffler's Powershift predicted WWIII due to the emerging nations becoming industrial age economies, forming into blocs
and clashing with the information age nations, ok that seems far fetched but with the mid-east currently in flames who knows.

Going forward America will need the firm hand of true statesmen on the helm, Lord knows the current bunch either appear horribly incompetent or as I suspect actually trying to bring about a series of events in the economy and on the world stage that can swiftly realize nearly all their goals at once. That chills me to the bone.

So back to what my kid who's been in college since 05 thinks (yeah five year plan then applied to late to get into lawl school sat out a year finishes next May). He wasn't a commie when he left me and his mommy but after that long in a State run indoctrination camp what else would you expect?

The debt doesn't matter it's imaginary the underlying assets (the counties stuff it's tech and the people) and at this rate hah all the houses are held by Fanny May n Freddy? are still here, the young will fix it so that they unburden themselves from the yoke of having to pay social security (and all the other stuff) for the boomers and although the future holds an ever declining standard of living for the lower and middle classes
they can keep this system running virtually forever!

Now I don't know if that's the optimism of lowered expectations but it sure beats America becoming a totalitarian state or getting nuked. It

So tell me was this comparable to a CPWill post? Or did you scroll right on by as I normally?

Back
Top Bottom