• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun accessories that you would recommend.

cpgrad08

American
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The title says it all.

I would recommend the Bigfoot gun belt. This leather gun belt has a steel core the makes all the difference. The core prevents the belt from sagging when you are using a heavier gun on it(which I generally use). Not to mention it is a very comfortable belt with or with out a gun on it.

18oz Leather Gun Belt with Steel Core by Bigfoot Gun Belts

So what are some accesrories that you guys would recommend?

The title says it all.

I would recommend the Bigfoot gun belt. This leather gun belt has a steel core the makes all the difference. The core prevents the belt from sagging when you are using a heavier gun on it(which I generally use). Not to mention it is a very comfortable belt with or with out a gun on it.

Other than the belts on my archery quivers, all my belts are gun belts. I like Mitch Rosen's stuff and Galco. I will have to look into the one you recommend. I like STONER holsters-he's a local guy and his IWB is what I carry my SIG 938 in. another item I recommend is the Ayood designed DE-Jammer tool which fits on a key chain.

opplanet-monadnock-6001-d-jammer.jpg

Good quality polarized lenses. I wear glasses so mine are prescription and I don't really have a specific recommendation other than make sure they're wrap around frames so you don't get glare from the side.

I don't have many firearm accessories firm believer in KISS

Like my safariland paddle holsters- they don't sag, and I have a 5" XD 45 and my wife a M&P 9 full size. Do like my loaders, one for the pistol mags and the mag charger adapter for my 308 stripper clips. got one for my civvie AK long barreled clone. Have a circle and dot sight for the AK, great for feral hogs in the creek bottom. All my 308 rifles have mil-dot scopes, again good for snap shots as they eliminate the need to dial in for any distance under 600 yards. They are second or rear focal plane which means they can be used at half power for a bigger FOV and capable of large leads on hard running hogs out in the open.

Have a older Leica LRF, good but not great. Works well enough on game out to 500 yards and steel targets out to 800 depending on the brush around it. Have a cheap Caldwell wind-o-meter, just need approx wind speed these days and out to 400 yards unless the wind is full value it isn't a huge factor under 10 mph. Oh have short and mid height bipods for my 308s. They are 'rockers' with locks.

Have an old tripod with a PVC pipe trough attached. lined with foam that has been sprayed with plasti-grip. Good for tall grass brush work- don't use it much but do like to practice with it.

Have a nice, again older, Nixon spotter scope- good for spotting hits on steel out to 1000 yards, ballistic trace on the UNK distance steel ranges and mirage for wind calls.

I have several shooting jackets with the 'sissy' pad up high, over the collar bone and top of shoulder for prone work. Students and guests get kidney shaped pieces of foam sleeping mat pad that get tacked inside their shirt with some tacky spray like for headliners.

As a comfort thing I have mic earmuffs with a speaker jack plug-in. Like my music while I practice. Like being able to talk to and hear those I bring to the range to show how much fun marksmanship can be.

Have a repair kit with a compact screwdriver type torque wrench, allen and star drive wrenches for scope mounts, lens pen to keep dirt out with minimum lens scratches. A fold up shooting mat that fits to the ruck I use for rifle range gear.

Guess that's pretty much it... just the basics for shooting... :peace

Really all depends on what your goals, budget and experience level are. But I can give you what I use and recommend.

For my pistol not to much. Some quality tritium sights and a different connector for a lighter trigger pull in my glocks. A speed loader to make loading mags faster and save the thumbs. I will say that some of our work Glock 40cals have MRDS on them that I have been using a bit. Really like it just not ready to make the switch just yet. As far as holsters its safariland on my Tyr belt or a raven concealment holster the rest of the time.

For my M4 obviously a good sling. A big fan of Vtacs. Surefire Scout light. Eotechs with a 3x magnifier on my 10.3 upper and a Elcan on my 14.5 though on a couple of my personal rifles I run Aimpoint Micros which I kind of prefer.

All our long guns run some version of a Horus reticle, mostly H58s though we are starting to get more of the Tremor3s which I love. Honestly wouldn't buy any glass that didn't have a Horus in it. That a good Harris bipod a Kestrel with the applied ballistics app on it, a sand sock and a good LRF and you are good to go.
Of course you have the extras like good ear pro, I like peltors, eye pro, oakelys, though I don't wear them when shooting long gun and gloves for shooting pistol or M4

The title says it all.

Succulent tender deer

Decent scope
Limbsaver for the higher caliber.
Bore sighted.
A comfortable wide holster
Cleaning equipment
Safe
Deleading agent if you shoot non jacketed or hollow points
A reloading press.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom