• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gulf wants Obama's vacation - where to go?

Politically, the Obama's are best served by vacationing...

• Somewhere in the Gulf states

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • In Maine (as planned)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outside of the U.S.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Write in)

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
After Oil Spill, Gulf States Want Obama Vacation - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

r984569284.jpg

The Obama's have identified they will go on their 3rd vacation since Barack Obama took office - back to Maine. The Gulf States, after Michelle Obama stated:

Michelle Obama said:
"It's welcoming, it's pristine, and everybody should come here!" said Obama. She also reinforced a crucial message. "It's important for the rest of the country to know these places are just as beautiful as they have always been." Obama also shared a possible solution. "Truly, the best thing your fellow Americans can do is come down here and spend some money."
LINK

So politically speaking what is the best option for the Obama's? Maine, the Gulf Coast, or somewhere else entirely?

Since there is not a "who gives a rats ass" option I voted other. Because I could care less where they go on vacation nor is it a big deal that they go somewhere on a vacation.

Last edited:
Zimbabwe.....

So politically speaking what is the best option for the Obama's? Maine, the Gulf Coast, or somewhere else entirely?

Politically speaking, this is a stupid thing to complain about. Who the **** cares, really.

I'd say outside the USA. They're the ones who love him anyway.

Politically speaking, this is a stupid thing to complain about. Who the **** cares, really.

Realize - I'm not complaining --- I'm asking a political view question. As was identified in one of the articles linked, Clinton polled where his vacations would be. Apparently, Clinton cared while he was in office.

I selected 'other'. He should go back to where he was born--Africa!!

Really? I don't care. Can he stay on vacation permanantly though?

I selected 'other'. He should go back to where he was born--Africa!!

Really? I don't care. Can he stay on vacation permanantly though?

was he? you need to visit the conspricay forum.

I think the Obama's should vacation in one of the Gulf states. In fact, I'd go to Louisianna if I were him just to backup the 1st Lady's words. Otherwise, they look rather foolish trying to convence the public to visit the region but they themselves won't go. If he did go he'd likely silence alot of his critics.

If she was stupid enough to suggest that America should vacation somewhere on the Gulf and then she decides to go elsewhere, why would anyone want to believe her when she rambles on.
To me this woman is simply a MOUTH, her utterances are usually hate ridden bile.

I guess it takes one to know one.

:giggle: @ /\

anyhooo I picked "Somewhere in the Gulf states" ..preferably in the florida panhandle :)

I selected "other." Honestly I don't want to vote to tell Obama to vacation somewhere. That's up to him and his family. I think people can make suggestions, but let the man have a vacation. Not everything has to be done in order to make a political statement (like visiting the Gulf states). I don't care where he goes.

I think he might have thought about going back to school and take lessons on "How to be an adequate President"

Back
Top Bottom