• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

gulf oil leak fix

ricksfolly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Either cut the 21 inch flexible plastic hose close to the base and pinch the end closed with a long hinged bar or…

Clear all the equipment away from the spout down to the 8 inch casing, thread the end, find an open-ended manual shut off valve with the same thread, screw it on the end of the casing, then close the valve. If you can’t find a valve that fits the thread, make an adapter.

ricksfolly

Either cut the 21 inch flexible plastic hose close to the base and pinch the end closed with a long hinged bar or…

Clear all the equipment away from the spout down to the 8 inch casing, thread the end, find an open-ended manual shut off valve with the same thread, screw it on the end of the casing, then close the valve. If you can’t find a valve that fits the thread, make an adapter.

ricksfolly

Except for the whole 5000' under the ocean and gushing oil at non-trivial pressures, this would probably work!

I always heard that abracadabra works wonders.

Could put Tiger Woods down there..

He knows how to fill holes....

OWWWWW

ricksfolly

You wouldn't be able to remove the BOP without removing the drill string rinning through it and down several houndred feet of the well.

Could put Tiger Woods down there..

He knows how to fill holes....

OWWWWW

There hasn’t been this much oil in the gulf since Michael Jackson washed out his jheri curl there in the 1980s.

i really think the best scientists in the world are working on this, they are not stupid people.

is there ANYBODY NOW who believes we don't need more regulation????????????????????????????????

i really think the best scientists in the world are working on this, they are not stupid people.

is there ANYBODY NOW who believes we don't need more regulation????????????????????????????????

*raises hand*

Regulation didn't keep officials from not following the regulation.

Even the regulations which told officials to follow the regulations couldn't force officials to follow the regulations.

You're proposing that we make regulations which state that regulations requiring officials to follow the regulations which require the officials to follow the regulations be created?

What if the officials still refuse? More regulations?

The regulations are fine as they are written. The regulations didn't fail, the people did.

Therefore we need to remove the people and charge them criminally.

Last edited:
I'm sure the engineers working on this regularly check this, and other forums, for ideas on how to stop this leak. What better resource than anonymous posters on the internet?

I'm sure the engineers working on this regularly check this, and other forums, for ideas on how to stop this leak. What better resource than anonymous posters on the internet?

If I were an engineer I would keep such out-of-the-box sources in my peripheral.

Back
Top Bottom