• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Guidelines For Rating A President. The 25 Best Presidents

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In trying to be as unbiased and fair as I possibly can be, I decided to do a bit of research this morning by putting my own feelings aside and looking for unbiased evaluations of past presidents, including Trump. This is what I have found.

Let me begin by giving the guidelines that historians use to rate presidents

1) Public Persuasion
2) Crisis Leadership
3) Economic Management
4) Moral Authority
5) International Relations
6 Administrative Skills
7) Relations with Congress
8) Vision of the Future
9) Pursued Equal Justice
10) Performance Within the Context of His Times

Based on these guidelines that are shown in the link below, Abraham Lincoln came in at #1 and

George Washington came in at No. 2, followed by Franklin D. Roosevelt at No. 3. George H. W. Bush ranked at No. 20, beating out his son George W. Bush who came in at No. 33. Other notable commanders in chief included John F. Kennedy at No. 8, Ronald Reagan at No. 9, and Barack Obama at No. 12.

Trump was not included in this survey because he has not yet finished a term in office.

As such, I used these guidelines to do a simple measurement of where he has been good or bad at

1) Public Persuasion = 60% failure as that amount of the nation thinks he is the worst ever.
2) Crisis Leadership = Total failure as the only crisis he has faced that he did not personally create is the Corona Virus and his handling of it has been deficient.
3) Economic Management = He has to be given positive marks (about 70%) for his economic management. Other presidents have had better numbers.
4) Moral Authority = Total failure as his moral compass is non-existent
5) International Relations = Total failure as he has gotten us into a trade war and generated disgust-against-us by most of our allies
6) Administrative Skills - Total Failure as his administration is in chaos, has the largest turn over in history and more than half of the positions are unfilled.
7) Relations with Congress = 50% as the House is against him totally.
8) Vision of the future = Total failure as he does not even have a set plan for the next 4 years even though the election is only 6 weeks away.
9) Pursued equal Justice = Total failure given the preferential treatment given to his personal friends (Flynn, Stone, etc) and Barr doing his "personal" bidding.
10) Performance Within the Context of His Times = Total failure as he refuses to acknowledge Global Warming, science, and wants us to return to the past

Based on these guidelines used by historians, it is evident that Trump has to be considered among the worst, if not the worst

Last edited:
In trying to be as unbiased and fair as I possibly can be, I decided to do a bit of research this morning by putting my own feelings aside and looking for unbiased evaluations of past presidents, including Trump. This is what I have found.

Let me begin by giving the guidelines that historians use to rate presidents

1) Public Persuasion
2) Crisis Leadership
3) Economic Management
4) Moral Authority
5) International Relations
6 Administrative Skills
7) Relations with Congress
8) Vision of the Future
9) Pursued Equal Justice
10) Performance Within the Context of His Times

Based on these guidelines that are shown in the link below, Abraham Lincoln came in at #1 and

Trump was not included in this survey because he has not yet finished a term in office.

As such, I used these guidelines to do a simple measurement of where he has been good or bad at

1) Public Persuasion = 60% failure as that amount of the nation thinks he is the worst ever.
2) Crisis Leadership = Total failure as the only crisis he has faced that he did not personally create is the Corona Virus and his handling of it has been bad
3) Economic Management = He has to be given positive marks for his economic management
4) Moral Authority = Total failure as his moral compass is non-existent
5) International Relations = Total failure as he has gotten us into a trade war and generated disgust-against-us by most of our allies
6) Administrative Skills - Total Failure as his administration is in chaos, has the largest turn over in history and more than half of the positions are unfilled.
7) Relations with Congress = 50% as the House is against him totally.
8) Vision of the future = Total failure as he does not even have a set plan for the next 4 years even if he wins
9) Pursued equal Justice = Total failure given the preferential treatment given to his personal friends (Flynn, Stone, etc) and Barr being his stooge
10) Performance Within the Context of His Times = Total failure as he refuses to acknowledge Global Warming, science, and wants us to return to the past

Based on these guidelines used by historians, it is evident that Trump has to be considered among the worst, if not the worst

I have to disagree with Lincoln being number one.

George Washington came in at No. 2, followed by Franklin D. Roosevelt at No. 3. George H. W. Bush ranked at No. 20, beating out his son George W. Bush who came in at No. 33. Other notable commanders in chief included John F. Kennedy at No. 8, Ronald Reagan at No. 9, and Barack Obama at No. 12.

Washington? Not sure of him either. Great man but different times. FDR was a wartime President. Not sure about him either. I don't know.

I would put Reagan above Kennedy. I would put HW Bush higher.

But none of that matters today. We have a fat fool who fails at all of those measures.

I did forget to include one piece of data that is important. As such, I am enclosing it here

Trump has caused the rift between the parties to be at the highest it has been in the last 67 years (that is how far this chart goes). This is also a big negative for Trump's rating as he has totally failed to unite the country.

Partydisunity.png

Back
Top Bottom