• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Guest Post: Are We Moving Toward a Perma-Temp Workplace?

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Coming full circle, the current unemployment picture is actually much more complicated and unprecedented than any other time in post WWII US history. Bernanke and Geithner are not going out on a limb to promise a future of stable jobs. According to the most basic economic principles, they should have a very good idea the stage has been set for businesses to walk down the labor aisle with the same giddy glow as the first generation of Walmart (NYSE: WMT) shoppers. The cosmic irony is almost too much to handle.

Guest Post: Are We Moving Toward a Perma-Temp Workplace? | zero hedge

One of the lessons I remember from my time at the Orange was that the current job markets arent like it was when my Grandparents worked, the phrase "job security" doesnt exist. You treat everyday you work as it were your last (like I currently do now).

That article sums up what I believe to be true for the US job market.

Those millions of lost jobs are never coming back. Nor will the future job losses, of which there will be plenty.

This move has been coming for a long time. It's not new, but it is just as problematic as ever. We will have to find a way to adjust.

Back
Top Bottom