• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Guess who's book is #1 on Amazon

Granted, but did you ever see who typically holds the NYT Best Seller list?
-Answer: Books I wouldn't touch even while smashed.

Keith Richards is number 2 and Elvis is the second best-selling musician of all time; popularity does not equal quality.

Are you saying that believing that equating the number one book on Amazon to a quality book on Amazon would be an example of the appeal to popularity logical fallacy?

Are you saying that believing that equating the number one book on Amazon to a quality book on Amazon would be an example of the appeal to popularity logical fallacy?

"popularity does not equal quality" cannot be proven in all cases.

The Bible is also the most shoplifted book (go figure). What does this mean?

Dennis Rodman had a best selling book too.

"popularity does not equal quality" cannot be proven in all cases.
The point is that popularity doesn't prove anything other than popularity.

I wonder if I will be able to find a copy of Decision Points outside Nairobi. Bush's book looks to be very popular, already at #8 and releasing Nov. 9.

Last edited:
This should be moved to the entertainment forum. Beck is a self described entertainer, it's what he set out to do, it's what he's good at doing.

Back
Top Bottom