• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Guardian chief says UK authorities had newspaper disks destroyed

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Guardian chief says UK authorities had newspaper disks destroyed | Fox News

LONDON – The Guardian newspaper's editor says British authorities destroyed an unspecified number of its hard drives in an apparent attempt to keep secrets leaked by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden from Chinese spies.

Alan Rusbridger made the claim in an opinion piece published Monday on the Guardian's website, saying that a pair of staffers from British eavesdropping agency GCHQ monitored the process in what he called "one of the more bizarre moments in the Guardian's long history."

He said the hard drives were torn apart in the basement of the Guardian's north London office with "two GCHQ security experts overseeing the destruction ... just to make sure there was nothing in the mangled bits of metal which could possibly be of any interest to passing Chinese agents."

Guardian chief says UK authorities had newspaper disks destroyed | Fox News

LONDON – The Guardian newspaper's editor says British authorities destroyed an unspecified number of its hard drives in an apparent attempt to keep secrets leaked by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden from Chinese spies.

Alan Rusbridger made the claim in an opinion piece published Monday on the Guardian's website, saying that a pair of staffers from British eavesdropping agency GCHQ monitored the process in what he called "one of the more bizarre moments in the Guardian's long history."

He said the hard drives were torn apart in the basement of the Guardian's north London office with "two GCHQ security experts overseeing the destruction ... just to make sure there was nothing in the mangled bits of metal which could possibly be of any interest to passing Chinese agents."

Yes, I'm totally convinced that those hard drives were the only repositories of that that data to exist. :lol: I do hope the GCHQ bods confiscated the carrier pigeons, the invisible ink and all the microdots too.

Way to go UK, that should do it. You have saved us all from the evil snowden. He is now defeated, and I am sure will surrender immediately. I am quite sure this will end that whole leak thing.

Way to go UK, that should do it. You have saved us all from the evil snowden. He is now defeated, and I am sure will surrender immediately. I am quite sure this will end that whole leak thing.

I'd call it 'a day late and a dollar short'. Sounds like *further intimidation.

Back
Top Bottom