• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GTA 6 Where?

Nah. I got a Mac laptop and I use it mainly for work and other free time stuff.

I've got a Mac.

Thing is, I could get GTA 5 if I wanted to buy Windows and partition the drive. But there's something about the concept of buying Windows that makes me shudder.

Always used a PC at work, and ugh, every little thing about Windows is somehow worse than the comparable thing on a Mac.

Vice City was my favorite GTA of all time, it had just the right amount of realism and zaniness as well as the best voice actors, the others were good too but they sometimes became too realistic and depressing.

Me as well.

I still play it from time to time. Outside of the dated graphics (the little close up chat characters were painfully blocky even back when the game first came out), I love it.

And I agree the new ones went too far in realism.

To me, GTA is about driving. And Vice City was the most fun for that. I remember REALLY looking forward to GTA IV and then I played it and was really disappointed with the driving dynamics. They were way too realistic.
Video games are - IMO - supposed to be fun, not real. If I want real, I will get in my own car and drive like a maniac in a deserted area.

I hate to admit it, but since Vice City, I have played each successive game (and I bought them all) less and less.

Please Rockstar Games, go back to the simplicity and fun of Vice City. Forget all the incredible detail back stories. Just give us a solid one or two, make a gigantic area to drive, fly and float on, give us back the great driving dynamics of Vice City and I will buy them every time.

Heck, if you just upgraded Vice City with modern graphics, a few new scenarios and maybe a couple of extra voice overs...I would DEFINITELY buy it.

Last edited:
I am seeing more and more with the rumor that it might be modeled on Tokyo and the surrounding area / hills of Japan.

GTA5 is impressive, been playing it off and on since it came out.
This is called Sleeping Dogs. Just sayin' ;)

I have to agree they need a new city. Going back and repeating old cities isn't really fun for most.

How about Chicago, New Or'lins, or a Seattle type city? Imagine sky diving off a space needle ;)
I'd also like to see the wild life expanded. Maybe gators in the swamps of Orl'ins and voodoo hicks! :)
And airboats!

Just some thoughts...

Also been playing GTA V off and on over the last several months. Never got into the online part of it but I loved how the character dynamics worked in story mode with the three separate characters.
I wish giant dumptrucks didn't explode so easily though...wtf???

Nah, that's been done with Mafia and stuff and if they were gonna do it, they would make it a different series like Red Dead (wish they'd make a sequel to that, top 10 best games ever made).

Red dead just didn't have enough of something to me. Maybe it was people? It just felt very lonely compared to GTA. I mean it IS a western. Maybe setting it in the 20s would do it?

Red dead just didn't have enough of something to me. Maybe it was people? It just felt very lonely compared to GTA. I mean it IS a western. Maybe setting it in the 20s would do it?

I look at it from the perspective of CoD as well, a lot of fans have brand fatigue, this is the first year I finally turned my nose up at a new addition "black ops 3".

A lot of us, wouldn't mind seeing the series take a look back and do a mint fresh take on WWII.

However the idea of setting GTA in the 20's, would be like taking that CoD idea too fat and setting it during the Spanish American war.

Rockstar already did the 50's, forgot the games name now, but exactly right, didn't really standout.

I look at it from the perspective of CoD as well, a lot of fans have brand fatigue, this is the first year I finally turned my nose up at a new addition "black ops 3".

A lot of us, wouldn't mind seeing the series take a look back and do a mint fresh take on WWII.

However the idea of setting GTA in the 20's, would be like taking that CoD idea too fat and setting it during the Spanish American war.

Rockstar already did the 50's, forgot the games name now, but exactly right, didn't really standout.

I got "Black Ops" but never played it. Only screw around in CoD 4.

But as for shooters, I much prefer Quake 4. More focus on movement/aim.

Plus, CoD 4 might be the only game where I feel cheating is so rampant as to be too frustrating to play. I cannot tell how many times I've been crouched behind a fence and die. When I see the kill cam, I see that someone suddenly switched from shooting in one direction to firing one single shot directly at my head through the fence.

Some of that might be chalked up to radar, but the kind of impossible shots there, I never see in a shooter like Quake

I have to agree they need a new city. Going back and repeating old cities isn't really fun for most.

How about Chicago, New Or'lins, or a Seattle type city? Imagine sky diving off a space needle ;)
I'd also like to see the wild life expanded. Maybe gators in the swamps of Orl'ins and voodoo hicks! :)
And airboats!

Just some thoughts...

Also been playing GTA V off and on over the last several months. Never got into the online part of it but I loved how the character dynamics worked in story mode with the three separate characters.

To me online would have been fun with LESS chaotic rampaging. Rockstar understood there are multiple kinds of players when they made the 3 characters. They needed to make free play around that concept in online. Going from mission to mission, maybe allow us to capture other players as cops, and all that jazz. But also have paramedic missions where you can heal other players and so on. It just felt like the only play style was kill. And that isn't why I loved the game.

And airboats!

Just some thoughts...

It would be awesome to see it set in New Orleans or another southern city. We could have a completely different take on the world. I also wouldn't mind seeing something different with the terrain something that is not a desert or a giant mountain. I think providing us with the swamps would be awesome and the cool thing is that New Orleans and Louisiana have a very long history with the mafia. they have a history with the New York or liberty city mafia and that is a tie that they could directly make in the game that would be awesome. If there are typos in this post forgive me I am walking to my truck using voice text.

Could anyone see them doing a game in the disco era?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to see them explore the expansion of the drug empire in the 1950s and the post World War II world. Something along the lines of what they did in the LA noire Game.

You could go around greasing greasers and fighting old-school mafia people with Tommy guns and so on.

LA Noire was the name. I thought it was good, but it wasn't a GTA type game- it was too linear and concentrated more on police procedural than cars and driving.

A 1920's game would suck- cars at that time weren't very fast and pretty much looked the same.

LA Noire was the name. I thought it was good, but it wasn't a GTA type game- it was too linear and concentrated more on police procedural than cars and driving.

A 1920's game would suck- cars at that time weren't very fast and pretty much looked the same.

I enjoyed LA Noire. My issue was that it wasn't enough "police work." When I say that, I mean regular patrol. It would have been nice to have an extended patrol and random street crimes that happened constantly. Something that rewarded you for arresting people and so on. Maybe an ability to impact gangs and raised your own status and notoriety. Basically something that gangs might try to kill you, but small timers would be less likely to resist and so on.

So far the ONLY game that, to me, has given me my fix for police games has been ARMA 2 Taviana Life.

I enjoyed LA Noire. My issue was that it wasn't enough "police work." When I say that, I mean regular patrol. It would have been nice to have an extended patrol and random street crimes that happened constantly. Something that rewarded you for arresting people and so on. Maybe an ability to impact gangs and raised your own status and notoriety. Basically something that gangs might try to kill you, but small timers would be less likely to resist and so on.

So far the ONLY game that, to me, has given me my fix for police games has been ARMA 2 Taviana Life.

Well since you were a detective in LA Noire, the patrol duty was pretty much left to the rookies. ;)

I liked the way it was set up- it felt like a simulation of the movie LA Confidential (which is one of my favs). But as I kept playing it, it got a bit repetitive.

Well since you were a detective in LA Noire, the patrol duty was pretty much left to the rookies. ;)

I liked the way it was set up- it felt like a simulation of the movie LA Confidential (which is one of my favs). But as I kept playing it, it got a bit repetitive.

Yea. It did. Which stunk. And that is something that rockstar did with the online multiplayer of GTA 5 it felt like. Well...sort of. Every game mode almost feels like a copy and paste. Not to mention that it is hard to get into matches that you enjoy.

Also I hated the gun play of the console versions. Auto aim and combat rolling out drives me bonkers. Granted I'm an FPS player, that to me just feels stupid. All gun fights feel and look the same. They reward petty play.

To me the gun play should reward tactical/strategic movement and/or run and gun fast movement play (like mil sim shooters and cod...arms vs unreal tournament). I don't know how you felt about it, but to me the combat role made no sense. It was like playing those old matrix games where bullet dodging was possible. You can't hit people combat rolling? Really? Reward people for staying in cover and having well timed aim.

All the gta cities seem to be modeled after major east and west coast cities, I think the next game needs to be third coast, And focus on a major city in texas, heck has anyone seen houston, that place is so crime ridden it already fits the gta meme.

Yea. It did. Which stunk. And that is something that rockstar did with the online multiplayer of GTA 5 it felt like. Well...sort of. Every game mode almost feels like a copy and paste. Not to mention that it is hard to get into matches that you enjoy.

Also I hated the gun play of the console versions. Auto aim and combat rolling out drives me bonkers. Granted I'm an FPS player, that to me just feels stupid. All gun fights feel and look the same. They reward petty play.

To me the gun play should reward tactical/strategic movement and/or run and gun fast movement play (like mil sim shooters and cod...arms vs unreal tournament). I don't know how you felt about it, but to me the combat role made no sense. It was like playing those old matrix games where bullet dodging was possible. You can't hit people combat rolling? Really? Reward people for staying in cover and having well timed aim.

I have the xbox one version of gtav, and the auto aim kills me, literally. I try and aim for a guy right infront of me and it will keep locking on someone to my right way off in the distance. In some missions you have to fight waves of enemies, but you spend more time fighting auto aim than actually shooting enemies.

All the gta cities seem to be modeled after major east and west coast cities, I think the next game needs to be third coast, And focus on a major city in texas, heck has anyone seen houston, that place is so crime ridden it already fits the gta meme.

I think the only Mid West city they could do would be Chicago. It just has that feel.

I have the xbox one version of gtav, and the auto aim kills me, literally. I try and aim for a guy right infront of me and it will keep locking on someone to my right way off in the distance. In some missions you have to fight waves of enemies, but you spend more time fighting auto aim than actually shooting enemies.

Yep. Which makes no sense. The easy way to fix it is to scrap it and make the aim easier to move around.

GTA 6: Kabul

Back
Top Bottom