• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Growing Disapproval of Protests Against Police

The reality is that many of the people who claim all this concern for minorities are making things worse for them.
what is funny is that they are usually white democrats telling minorities what is best for them lmao.

What has become weird to me as I've debated this is why the racism piece is important at all. It's not necessarily the root cause. Inappropriate use of violence on the part of police is the problem here, who cares what the motivation is, and who cares what race it's aimed at? If all lives truly mattered, then why does this have to be a race based discussion? Yes, yes, I know, #BLM....but we can have this discussion without them, and we still find the there is a problem of inappropriate force being used by cops. I promise you, if you fix that generally, all the black-specific stuff goes away.

Apply this logic to anything else. Let's take a car...you buy a car, you expect it to operate as advertised. If it turns out to be a lemon, you don't care if the guy working on the line that bungled it is a racist, or a communist, or whatever. You just want the car fixed. If you're attempting to fix the problem in the plant, you don't care why the guy made the mistake. You either fix your process, or fire the guy if it fails to improve. And if that lemon of a car results in the death of one of your family, you're going after the manufacturer for everything you can get.

Why different with cops? You pay for them too...

It's important to acknowledge and defeat racism for all kinds of reasons, in all sorts of conversations. But it's not vital to this one. If #AllLivesMatter is actually a thing, that is......

When the majority of the anti police sentiment starts from a false premise, that cops are killing or shooting black people entirely out of racism, then use an example of a case like Breonna Taylor’s, where race could not have been the reason, then, why should we agree and accept that false premise? Hey, nothing’s perfect, there is always room for improvement, but you cannot reasonably expect police and those of us generally supportive of law enforcement to just sit there and accept every anti police lie that’s uttered.

And yet there is a cause...unless you think they all just woke up crazy one day...

The cause of the riots is a bucha ****ing animals who want to burn and loot.

There is justification for the protests though. You do know there's a difference, right? Or do you just not care to know?

- Choke holds and knee restraints on handcuffed suspects are still not banned nationwide.
- No-knock raids are still not banned nationwide.
- Body cams and dash cams are still not mandatory nationwide.
- Qualified Immunity has still not been overhauled.
- An independent misconduct review board has still not been implemented.
- Better training in de-escalation techniques and dealing with the mentally ill has still not been implemented.
- The ignorant, harmful, and Unconstitutional Federal drug laws have still not been repealed.

Everyone is attacking or defending individual cops, while the ignorant policies which continue to put them into unwinnable situations to begin with are not being discussed by anyone, let alone by our ignorant and incompetent government leadership.

There are no protests. Only riots.

Down to 39% from 54%. Still more approval from black Americans, but even that’s down.

Good to see that facts might be winning over false narrative, it's a little surprising in this age though.

When the majority of the anti police sentiment starts from a false premise, that cops are killing or shooting black people entirely out of racism, then use an example of a case like Breonna Taylor’s, where race could not have been the reason, then, why should we agree and accept that false premise? Hey, nothing’s perfect, there is always room for improvement, but you cannot reasonably expect police and those of us generally supportive of law enforcement to just sit there and accept every anti police lie that’s uttered.

That they use inappropriate violence is not a lie. Do you want to fix the problem, or do you want to bicker and bitch? I guess that's the question for any adults left in America.

The cause of the riots is a bucha ****ing animals who want to burn and loot.

lol...alright then. You hold onto that. I'm sure it will solve all the problems.

lol...alright then. You hold onto that. I'm sure it will solve all the problems.

The problem is too many rioting assholes. Even when the cops are justified, without question, the animals riot.

Fix the root problem of misinformation from the MSM? But we're talking about the root problem of inappropriate police violence. I think you might be in the wrong thread.
According to the gullible liberals that are spoon feed from the MSM. Taylor was sound asleep in her bed and was assassinated for being black, the boyfriend Walker ( a convicted drug dealer and felon) was just protecting the home as he opened fire thru the door as the police knocked. I’m not in the wrong thread, you are in the wrong frame of mind provided too you by misinformation.

Good to see that facts might be winning over false narrative, it's a little surprising in this age though.

I think more people are starting to understand that this these protests that morph into riots will continue even if police haven’t done anything wrong. The riots in Louisville were bound to happen regardless of what the AG announced.

I think more people are starting to understand that this these protests that morph into riots will continue even if police haven’t done anything wrong. The riots in Louisville were bound to happen regardless of what the AG announced.

(y) They were already bought and paid for by some "do-gooder" leftists.

According to the gullible liberals that are spoon feed from the MSM. Taylor was sound asleep in her bed and was assassinated for being black, the boyfriend Walker ( a convicted drug dealer and felon) was just protecting the home as he opened fire thru the door as the police knocked. I’m not in the wrong thread, you are in the wrong frame of mind provided too you by misinformation.

I'm talking about the big picture... You think this happened in a vacuum? Meh...whatever.

The problem is too many rioting assholes. Even when the cops are justified, without question, the animals riot.

Mmm....ok.... Sorry, you getting your jollies at calling people animals is making this hard to take you seriously. Did you want to try again, orrrr......?

That they use inappropriate violence is not a lie. Do you want to fix the problem, or do you want to bicker and bitch? I guess that's the question for any adults left in America.

The large majority of the time, they act correctly and even do good things. The problem is that you don’t don’t seem to think anyone should consider their side of things or support them in any way.

He just wants to attack people he sees as tribal enemies on "the left" with lies. No more, no less.

Mmm....ok.... Sorry, you getting your jollies at calling people animals is making this hard to take you seriously. Did you want to try again, orrrr......?

They're animals and you're defending them. You expect to be taken seriously while you defend these animals?

I'm talking about the big picture... You think this happened in a vacuum? Meh...whatever.
I’m also talking about the bigger picture with the portrait of todays US liberals binging lied to. At this point it’s not even debatable to suggest they are not feed nonsense and gullible to believe it. The question now is, you being Canadian, are you also as gullible as the US idiots?

I’m also talking about the bigger picture with the portrait of todays US liberals binging lied to. At this point it’s not even debatable to suggest they are not feed nonsense and gullible to believe it. The question now is, you being Canadian, are you also as gullible as the US idiots?

Yeah, sorry, statistics kind of blow up your premise here... To be honest, I put far more value in those than I do any particular narrative. The statistics show that you have a problem with heavy handed cops. You want people to stop being angry about heavy handed cops? Eliminate heavy handed cops. That's how this ends. Keeping making excuses for them is how it continues. It's pretty much as simple as that.

They're animals and you're defending them. You expect to be taken seriously while you defend these animals?

I haven't defended anybody...not that what I have to say, or anyone else you "debate", matters in your responses. You just like punching down. Good for you. I guess that makes you a man in Louisiana.

They're human beings as well as American citizens. You're dehumanizing them and acting like they have no legitimate complaint whatsoever, much less one that could fuel this level of anger, simply because their behavior is unacceptable. Yet YOU expect to be taken seriously?

The large majority of the time, they act correctly and even do good things. The problem is that you don’t don’t seem to think anyone should consider their side of things or support them in any way.

No...now you're putting words in my mouth. I expect that from the lesser debaters in this group, not you. Especially since we've had this conversation before. Do you want to try again, or is this the end of our conversation? I don't think I've been uncivil towards you, I don't think I've attempted to misrepresent you. Was this just an oopsie, or is this this what your point has been reduced to? If it's the former, I'm down to keep chatting, if we can agree not to be d-bags to each other. If it's the latter, I've already won, and I can get on with my weekend.

Which is it, bud?

Yeah, sorry, statistics kind of blow up your premise here... To be honest, I put far more value in those than I do any particular narrative. The statistics show that you have a problem with heavy handed cops. You want people to stop being angry about heavy handed cops? Eliminate heavy handed cops. That's how this ends. Keeping making excuses for them is how it continues. It's pretty much as simple as that.
Actually the FBI and DOJ statistics refute what you are saying, please give us a link to your claims.

Fix the root problem of misinformation from the MSM? But we're talking about the root problem of inappropriate police violence. I think you might be in the wrong thread.
It’s not the wrong thread. You say to look at the “root cause” as to why there are these protests and riots and in your mind, it’s police, but when the media reports a story in the most inflammatory way possible to gin up an emotional response then that makes people more likely to feel justified in doing destructive things. Take Rayshard Brooks. Any story on him will include that he was shot in the back without the added fact that his head, and more importantly, his hand with the taser in it was pointed at the officer when the officer shot him.

Back
Top Bottom