• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Growing Disapproval of Protests Against Police

There’d have to be agreement as to what that “root cause” is, Nate. The reality is that police aren’t killing black people for the color of their skin and it’s frustrating to see that lie persist. Let’s look at the Breonna Taylor case and the false narratives that continue to be pushed. Police were executing a warrant at the address on the warrant. Yes, it was no knock but they did knock (more like pounded, I’m sure) and announced, they were fired upon and they shot back. How is that targeting someone because she’s black? If cops just wanted to kill black people, why didn’t they kill the guy that shot at them? He gave them the perfect excuse.

To be clear, I don’t think Breonna Taylor “deserved” to die, but she wasn’t executed, she was caught in the middle of a shoot out with police and was shot and, tragically, killed.

Everything the police have been claiming keeps getting proven wrong, now the bullet that her boyfriend supposedly shot an officer with turned out to not have any blood on it so it's probably friendly fire. I don't know why you'd believe anything the cops say about the situation.

Yep, but if one views the “root cause” to be police serving the search warrant then “defunding” the police would solve that problem. ;)

Actually, root cause is using tactics generally accepted to be extremely dangerous for cops, criminals, and, quite obviously non-targeted civilians. The target was up on nothing more than drug charges. This is only slightly less embarrassing than a group of cops requiring a gun to sort out a guy with a bat.

Of course, even this isn't really the root cause. Once again, it is police using unjustifiable violence.

Of course, even this isn't really the root cause. It all comes down to a shift in police culture. They are no longer police, they are "warriors". "Warrior cops". I know, I know, not all cops... Let's talk in generalities for a sec, understanding that they are just that. Well, except for the many departments that have received "warrior training". We can generalize those.

Also...I find it weird that you, personally, don't understand the defund strategy. Do you actually think it means getting rid of cops? Like, no cops at all? I'm willing to explain it to you, but I'm honestly so surprised that you seem to be confused about it that I can barely believe it, and don't want to insult your intelligence and 'splain it to you unless I'm totally sure that you actually think defend means get rid of cops altogether. Can you clarify for me?

Executing a search warrant is dangerous business so they do tend to use a sort of shock and awe approach. The one thing I do disagree with is the length of time that passed before they executed the warrant. As far as how they handled it, they had a search warrant which gave them a legal right of entry, they were shot at and they shot back.

Do you think the boyfriend acted correctly by shooting at them? I ask because, typically, when a home owner shoots at someone in his/her house, even someone there illegally, there still seems to be this idea that you shouldn’t shoot someone just for breaking in. Not saying I hold that position because don’t. Do you, though?

hehe...do I think the boyfriend acted correctly by shooting at them... That's a tougher question. In Canada guns aren't as culturally embraced as tools of self defense for the average citizen. They are for hunting and sport shooting - target practice. This scenario would absolutely be cut and dried up here. Yay Canadian gun control... ;) (That's a joke)

If I'm being disciplined, I have to take into consideration the fact that in America, guns are absolutely viewed as tools of self defense. To me it seems more than reasonable that a person would be afraid of a group of individuals bursting into the house, to where they may think their life is in danger, so yes, I would say that the response was appropriate. But I'm fully open to being wrong here, and maybe you can help me out.

Under what circumstances would someone be within their rights to defend themselves in America, if they experienced a home invasion while they were sleeping?

I actually sponsor Sissy. I actually remember the news of her beating here in El Paso and when she got sent to that sanctuary. Big fan of that place.

I know Sissy! She was the one from the El Paso zoo, right??

Bless you for having a heart for these magnificent creatures who suffered so much.

I know Sissy! She was the one from the El Paso zoo, right??

Bless you for having a heart for these magnificent creatures who suffered so much.

I recall the news of her abuse and the resultant outcry but hadn’t though about her in years, then I ran across The Elephant Sanctuary on IG and saw she was still there. It was like finding an old friend.

Thank you, Tres, same to you, for real.

I recall the news of her abuse and the resultant outcry but hadn’t though about her in years, then I ran across The Elephant Sanctuary on IG and saw she was still there. It was like finding an old friend.

Thank you, Tres, same to you, for real.

She's there and she's been thriving from what I know. She turned 50 a couple of years ago which is amazing given her horrible life. You're helping her enjoy that life so again I say thank you X. You're doing a wonderful thing.

Some of the ones we sponsored in the past passed away, so for the last 2 years we've been sponsoring Nosey. Love her name!

She's there and she's been thriving from what I know. She turned 50 a couple of years ago which is amazing given her horrible life. You're helping her enjoy that life so again I say thank you X. You're doing a wonderful thing.

Some of the ones we sponsored in the past passed away, so for the last 2 years we've been sponsoring Nosey. Love her name!

Nosey is so awesome. Hearing about her life in the carnival pissed me off so much. Are you also familiar with the Sheldrick Trust?

Nosey is so awesome. Hearing about her life in the carnival pissed me off so much. Are you also familiar with the Sheldrick Trust?

I am! In fact I get FB notifications when they are "live" on video.

Visiting Sheldrick is on my bucket list. Those little babies.....the best!!

And that doesn't matter in the slightest.

You obviously didn't even read the post you responded to.

Ask them if they approve of police killing the girlfriends of falsely accused suspects while they sleep in their beds. Do you approve of those killings?

She was unlucky. The point is the police did nothing wrong.

Yes she was unlucky. Unlucky enough to be standing in her apartment doing nothing while the police shot her, 6 times was it? How unlucky to be around idiots with guns and no aim and no brains.

Yes she was unlucky. Unlucky enough to be standing in her apartment doing nothing while the police shot her, 6 times was it? How unlucky to be around idiots with guns and no aim and no brains.
The police were shot at and returned fire. She stood next to her boyfriend, who ducked and left her exposed. The police fired at his location and hit her. No fault in the police reaction.

You're right on but you're much too kind. Trump haters don't care that the anti-media clowncar lies to them. In fact, they applaud it. Using the media's dishonesty is simply a tool in their cabal aiding them in their quest to remove Trump from office.

this is the same reason some democrats support rioting and the division it is causing, because they do not care what it takes to achieve their goals

no human being can know exactly everything going on in a situation like that were there is a firefight going on. every war in the world has collateral damage from the same type of thing... you have no way to know what the conditions they were facing were when the boyfriend shot and wounded one of them. you are asking too much. you don't think it was a bad move, or at least bad luck , on her part to be standing where a person with a gun was about to shoot at the police?

this is the same reason some democrats support rioting and the division it is causing, because they do not care what it takes to achieve their goals

Their sick goals, you meant to say? I've never seen a more power hungry bunch of mutts in my entire life, tbh.

The police were shot at and returned fire. She stood next to her boyfriend, who ducked and left her exposed. The police fired at his location and hit her. No fault in the police reaction.

They shot someone who didn't shoot at them. But you already knew that.

The idea that BLM and Antifa require some sort of public approval is daft.

Back
Top Bottom