• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Group of men storm Drag Queen Story Hour in California in possible hate crime

Fallacy. It isn't that we don't like anybody who isn't like us. Lots of people are different, and yet accepted. But the part which people like you fail to accept, is that there are BOUNDRIES which need not be crossed. There is no "anything goes" in life, and having a bunch of MEN, dressed up like women, prancing about in their over the top drag queen affectations is NOT acceptable in front of young children, and really has no place in public taxpayer supported libraries. That kind of behavior may be suitable in a cabaret or a gay strip club, and that is fine.

So, it isn't about thing we don't agree with. Is about where people are doing those things, and in front of whom.

Yeah, for the masses of indoctrinated nimcompoops who believe that virtue signally their alliance with the LGBTQQ2SA++++ agenda is something they need to do, and extra points for expossing their own children to that side show too. I'm really not surprised there are people into this, but they thankfully are not a majority.

And people like you wonder why so many young people, addicted to social media, never given PROPER role models, and then their heads filled with all of this convoluted unnatural CONFUSION, with no moral compass to latch onto. End up getting a rifle and going out and killing their classmates.

It is ALL tied together. Confusion, choas, and lack of moral structure. When the left keeps telling young people that anything goes, and anything is normal, no wonder our nation is in the condition it is in now.
The nation is where we are today because of the deplorables, the intolerant generally far right wing extremists, who can’t stand anyone not like them.
You are definitely not qualified to judge where the boundaries of acceptable are. Your intolerant posts prove that much.
You are obviously prejudiced against men who dress in womens clothes for no other reason than they don’t dress like you. You judge people by the clothes they wear. Does that sound normal to you?
Drag queens have probably done nothing to harm you or your family yet you think they are unacceptable-because of the clothes they wear. My suggestion: you should refrain from wearing womens clothes if that’s your choice, but stay the hell out of the wardrobe of others.
I think you should start zeroing in on clowns. They dress funny too.
And by all means don’t send your kids to story hour. Just don’t judge more open minded parents. Their kids are far more likely to be well adjusted adults than the kids of intolerant parents.

Last edited:
Again, your "bad outcome" is nothing more than you bitching and moaning about "how dare you do this", or "how dare you do that".
I don't care what these deviant men do in their bedrooms or in their cabarets. But I do have a problem with them doing it in front of children, and in our public libraries
If "bad outcome" is not a threat of violence, then your "bad outcome" has zero teeth and balls attached to it.
"Bad outcome" is sufficiently articulated as meaning there are "teeth". "Teeth" can be in many forms when we are speaking of accountability.
Stand up guys don't threaten people with "bad outcomes" if they cross the line.
Maybe you never knew any stand up guys. Maybe you are part of the new breed who has never been versed in the rules? Maybe you are the type who might for example say something offensive to man's wife in his presence? Or maybe you are the type who might use a "certain word" unashamedly to an African-American man, and believe it okay, or believe there will be no consequences to that?

It is not my place to understand why YOU don't know the rules. But I'm sure you will explain to me why you believe you, or those like you should be exempt from reality.
Stand up guys don't even need to voice that. Their actions alone speak for themselves. If you feel the need to threaten "bad outcomes", I question your "self-described stand-up guy" status.
Unless the offender is mentally deficient, has never been told about "the rules", or is a child and would not know the rules. Then it shall be assumed that said offender already knows the rules, which unfortunately are being set aside by folks like you, and folks with the transgender agenda. I never threaten anyone, not ever. All I did was state a fact about consequences.

A stand up guy doesn't need to threaten consequences, because their actions speak volumes. I suspect that your "bad outcomes" would not affect that person's life in any way shape or form. If anything, you're the one letting it affect your actions much more.
You are free to speculate any way you wish. I am not here to tell you or anyone else how they must think...or in your case feel.
Let's say a drag queen does talk to your child (it doesn't matter the subject, hell it could be about the sorry state of the Pittsburgh Pirates). The only way a "bad outcome" would affect said drag queen is if you did commit some foem of physical violence. Words certainly don't affect them, because they have probably heard all those insults for years already.

If a drag queen came up to my child and warned them that there was a loose tiger roaming the streets, then I would thank the drag queen for his looking out for the safety of my child. But if a man dressed up like a woman, having no other business to speak to my child did so, and then said something inappropriate....well, that would not be welcome none too much.
You say you haven't threatened violence, but if words won't affect them, what other "bad outcomes" are there?
Already asked and answered.

As usual, I am dealing with someone who has to somehow prove they are a "stand up guy" by looking into their eyes, or getting to know you, or threaten people with bad outcomes. Stand up guys are different for everyone. One person's "stand up guy" is another person's "dumbass".
Nah, not really. You just don't understand the concept of being a stand up guy. You may think it means something else, but what I am telling you again is that the rules are well known, and do not require some prior posted lawyer inspired warning label.

In another thread, you said how you wanted to shame entire families (which includes their kids) who need to use free lunch programs. I wonder what those parents would say or do to you if you shamed their kids? Bad outcomes maybe? Yet that is ok for you to shame their kids? Hypocrite.
Off topic.

If you want to have a discussion about the failure of social welfare programs and government waste, then we can have it in that thread. Then you can tell me how you CELEBRATE people having kids they can't afford to feed, house, or educate, and how there should be no shame in that. Do that there and I will be happy to respond to your post.

If you aren’t tolerant of people who aren’t like you you aren’t wrong.
You are just intolerant.
And only the intolerant think that’s a desirable attribute.
Curious. Where do you draw the line? Where does YOUR tolerance end? And if my level of tolerance is more or less than yours, then what? When does peoples behavior become unacceptable and who sets the standards?

Fallacy. It isn't that we don't like anybody who isn't like us. Lots of people are different, and yet accepted. But the part which people like you fail to accept, is that there are BOUNDRIES which need not be crossed. There is no "anything goes" in life, and having a bunch of MEN, dressed up like women, prancing about in their over the top drag queen affectations is NOT acceptable in front of young children, and really has no place in public taxpayer supported libraries. That kind of behavior may be suitable in a cabaret or a gay strip club, and that is fine.

So, it isn't about thing we don't agree with. Is about where people are doing those things, and in front of whom.

Yeah, for the masses of indoctrinated nimcompoops who believe that virtue signally their alliance with the LGBTQQ2SA++++ agenda is something they need to do, and extra points for expossing their own children to that side show too. I'm really not surprised there are people into this, but they thankfully are not a majority.

And people like you wonder why so many young people, addicted to social media, never given PROPER role models, and then their heads filled with all of this convoluted unnatural CONFUSION, with no moral compass to latch onto. End up getting a rifle and going out and killing their classmates.

It is ALL tied together. Confusion, choas, and lack of moral structure. When the left keeps telling young people that anything goes, and anything is normal, no wonder our nation is in the condition it is in now.
You nailed it.

You nailed it.
Who sets the boundaries?
Do I get to set them for you?
Do you get to set them for me?
Be specific. None of this “everyone knows the boundaries “.
Who sets them?

If you want to have a discussion about the failure of social welfare programs and government waste, then we can have it in that thread. Then you can tell me how you CELEBRATE people having kids they can't afford to feed, house, or educate, and how there should be no shame in that. Do that there and I will be happy to respond to your post.
I did respond to you in that thread, and you never responded back.

Curious. Where do you draw the line? Where does YOUR tolerance end? And if my level of tolerance is more or less than yours, then what? When does peoples behavior become unacceptable and who sets the standards?
Good question.
I draw the line in two places:
1. Is it legal, and
2. Does who you are or what you do place others at risk .

If I simply don’t like how others are behaving I avoid them. For example, I don’t like to hang around with drunks. They can get inebriated but I won’t be hanging out with them.
For example.
I don’t hang out with drag queens. I have nothing against them. It’s just not my thing. But neither will I judge them. And since there is no proof that drag queen story hour harms kids I don’t judge that activity either.

I'm telling you guys that somebody needs to make a list of all the diversionary threads that have been started since right before the January 6th hearings. We've even got a RON Paul thread going on right now.

The list would be amazing.

The nation is where we are today because of the deplorables, the intolerant generally far right wing extremists, who can’t stand anyone not like them.
You are definitely not qualified to judge where the boundaries of acceptable are. Your intolerant posts prove that much.
Hold on a second. Are you claiming that there are no boundaries of what is acceptable, or not acceptable? Or is it your position like so many on the left that some bad behavior may be excused, as long as the people doing it are from your part of the political spectrum, or are allies to your cause.

For example: Okay for BLM to protest the police, even when it included acts of violence, assault, and even looting. Because after all, people were upset and angry, and their voices and actions "supported a good cause". Or how about the pro abortion people out protesting AT the homes of justices in violation of the law? Okay to ignore the 'boundaries of acceptable behavior" there?

But then some alt-right group shows up to counter protest a gay pride march, and then oh lordy, they are "deplorable" and shall be silenced.

You need to have a standard for behavior and then stick to it.

You are obviously prejudiced against men who dress in womens clothes for no other reason than they don’t dress like you.
Men are NOT women, why would want to act like women? I'm not the one with unnatural behavior. They can do what they want to do. The boundries however are my children/grandchildren, and therefore that needs to be acknowledged.

You judge people by the clothes they wear. Does that sound normal to you?
So, if a group of young White men are all wearing t-shirts that say "MAGA", are you saying you are not going to make some assumptions about them, and then also some "judgments"? It's okay, you can be honest here.

Drag queens have probably done nothing to harm you or your family yet you think they are unacceptable-because of the clothes they wear.
It isn't about the clothes, it is about the behavior, and then beyond that FORCING an agenda/indoctrination on our kids.

My suggestion: you should refrain from wearing womens clothes if that’s your choice, but stay the hell out of the wardrobe of others.
I think you should start zeroing in on clowns. They dress funny too.
And by all means don’t send your kids to story hour. Just don’t judge more open minded parents. Their kids are far more likely to be well adjusted adults than the kids of intolerant parents.
My children are grown, but when they were young we sent them to Sunday school. Maybe that is the difference?;)

I did respond to you in that thread, and you never responded back.
Thanks for letting me know. My notifications each day are usually about 100, so sometimes I miss some posts. But I'll check it out, and we'll see if I can't prove you wrong there too.

Hold on a second. Are you claiming that there are no boundaries of what is acceptable, or not acceptable? Or is it your position like so many on the left that some bad behavior may be excused, as long as the people doing it are from your part of the political spectrum, or are allies to your cause.

For example: Okay for BLM to protest the police, even when it included acts of violence, assault, and even looting. Because after all, people were upset and angry, and their voices and actions "supported a good cause". Or how about the pro abortion people out protesting AT the homes of justices in violation of the law? Okay to ignore the 'boundaries of acceptable behavior" there?

But then some alt-right group shows up to counter protest a gay pride march, and then oh lordy, they are "deplorable" and shall be silenced.

You need to have a standard for behavior and then stick to it.

Men are NOT women, why would want to act like women? I'm not the one with unnatural behavior. They can do what they want to do. The boundries however are my children/grandchildren, and therefore that needs to be acknowledged.

So, if a group of young White men are all wearing t-shirts that say "MAGA", are you saying you are not going to make some assumptions about them, and then also some "judgments"? It's okay, you can be honest here.

It isn't about the clothes, it is about the behavior, and then beyond that FORCING an agenda/indoctrination on our kids.

My children are grown, but when they were young we sent them to Sunday school. Maybe that is the difference?;)
Of course there are boundaries. There is a legal boundary. Illegal is illegal. The BLM violence is in the same category in terms of violence as the insurrection imo.
If the activity is legal then you are free to set your own boundaries for you and your family but you may not tell me or anyone else how to behave as long as the activity presents danger to others. You are free not to participate. And if I choose to get dressed in drag that’s MY business.
Drag queens present no danger to kids. If you disagree please list the risks to kids. Be specific.
Nobody is FORCING kids to attend. The parents have made that choice. You don’t like that choice but unfortunately for you, you don’t get a vote.

I see the right wing is still attached to the whole terrorism tactic.

Thanks for letting me know. My notifications each day are usually about 100, so sometimes I miss some posts. But I'll check it out, and we'll see if I can't prove you wrong there too.
😈😈😈

Just know, I NEVER claim to be a stand up guy.

Would you feel the same way if a clown or an officer in uniform did it instead?
See…I can understand WHY you’d want someone in a full firemen’s getup reading stories to children. It is potentially SCARY. And the last thing you want in a situation where a fireman is coming in to rescue a child…is that child being even MORE afraid.

So…you expose the child to the scary gear…and associate it with a positive.

It could literally save their life.

But drag queens? What’s the purpose?

See…I can understand WHY you’d want someone in a full firemen’s getup reading stories to children. It is potentially SCARY. And the last thing you want in a situation where a fireman is coming in to rescue a child…is that child being even MORE afraid.

So…you expose the child to the scary gear…and associate it with a positive.

It could literally save their life.

But drag queens? What’s the purpose?
The stated purpose of the nonprofit is to promote childhood literacy.
Why not drag queens?
If you don’t want to send your kids to story hour you have my permission not to do it.
You are in no position to judge what other parents choose. If they send their kids to story hour it does no harm to YOUR kids.

So the LibsOfTikTok account shared a location of a drag queen story hour, then a group of proud boys showed up, yelled slurs, and terrorized everyone there.

It's only a matter of time until LibsOfTikTok gets someone killed. They have millions of followers and them singling out and boosting small groups like this, with their rhetoric that LGTBQ people are all groomers, WILL lead to people taking action "against the pedophiles to save the kids". People they target for attack get death threats, online harassment, and now groups of brown shirts showing up in person to terrorize apparently.

But of course, that's their goal.
These idiots do know that drag queens are mostly just gays? They do not want to become women, they are not tranny's and while it cannot be denied that there may be pedo drag queens, most of them are just like the rest of the population, attracted to adult men/women. Pedo's sadly live in every section of society, catholics, protestants, muslims, jewish, left, right, center, conservative, liberal, fascists, commies, that is just a fact of life.

The only thing these "puny boys" are doing is makking more and more "libtards" turn out for this to show their support for acceptance of drag queens/gays and show their dislike for pathetic losers like the "pompous boys".

The stated purpose of the nonprofit is to promote childhood literacy.
Why not drag queens?
If you don’t want to send your kids to story hour you have my permission not to do it.
You are in no position to judge what other parents choose. If they send their kids to story hour it does no harm to YOUR kids.
I just wonder “why”.

Who was the first person to say “you know what will be great for the next story hour? The drag queens. Yes, that’s it!”

I just wonder “why”.

Who was the first person to say “you know what will be great for the next story hour? The drag queens. Yes, that’s it!”
Keep wondering.
They are available and they provide a public service.
Same reason anyone volunteers to provide a public service.
Altruism counts.

Keep wondering.
They are available and they provide a public service.
Same reason anyone volunteers to provide a public service.
Altruism counts.
Yeah…people ALWAYS do things with nothing but good intentions.

Yeah…people ALWAYS do things with nothing but good intentions.
Not always
But certainly sometimes
I do a lot of volunteer work and the only reason I do it is to give back to the community in which I live. Not saying this to get a pat on the back (I don’t need that). Just letting you know that sometimes people do volunteer work without expecting something in return.
I assume that the drag queens are volunteering for the same reason.

Not always
But certainly sometimes
I do a lot of volunteer work and the only reason I do it is to give back to the community in which I live. Not saying this to get a pat on the back (I don’t need that). Just letting you know that sometimes people do volunteer work without expecting something in return.
I assume that the drag queens are volunteering for the same reason.
I’m sure many do. But I don’t pretend that ALL do. And I don’t pretend that drag queen story hours are ONLY about reading to kids.

Back
Top Bottom