• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Group of Blacks Beat Hispanic Man, Yelling 'This Is For Trayvon'

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Baltimore police say they are investigating a witness account that a group of black youths beat a Hispanic man near Patterson Park Sunday while saying, "This is for Trayvon."

A witness posted the account on a community Facebook page, and police confirmed they are looking into whether the suspects' reaction to the verdict in the Florida trial of George Zimmerman played a part in the incident. A police report on the beating does not mention the alleged comments.

Sgt. Eric Kowalczyk, a police spokesman, declined to go into further detail.

Read more: Witness claims youths yelled 'this is for Trayvon' in beating - baltimoresun.com

In a post that drew nearly 50 comments on Facebook, real estate agent Christina Dudley said she was walking to her car just before 9 p.m. when she saw several young black males and two black females chasing a 37-year-old Hispanic man west on North Linwood Avenue past East Fairmont Avenue.

"One of the boys had a handgun out and it was pointed at the back of him," Dudley said in an interview.

They caught up to the man at the corner of Fairmount and N. Streeper Street, and the male with the gun beat the victim with what appeared to be his gun while others kicked and stomped him, Dudley said.

"They were just yelling and calling him names as they ran after him, but once they were hitting him and after that they started yelling, "This is for Trayvon, [expletive]," said Dudley, who heard the chant repeated multiple times.

Dudley and a woman walking her dog across the street told the group to stop and warned that they were calling 911. The group scattered before police arrived. Police have no arrests or named suspects.

Using a translator, police spoke to the victim, who knows some English, according to the police report. The victim told officers that he was standing in the intersection of Fairmont and N. Potomac Street when a group of five black males first approached him.

He described all of the males as between 16 and 18 and told police a 6-foot suspect with a black "stretchy" shirt and mohawk told him, "What's up, [expletive]." When the victim raised his phone to call 911, the suspect raised his shirt and flashed a silver handgun in his waistband.

The victim turned and ran before he was caught in the 2800 block of Fairmont and was beaten, police said. He sustained abrasions to his elbows and forearms but refused medical attention.

Police listed all of the suspects involved as black males. Three were "skinny" while one was described as overweight

Read more: Witness claims youths yelled 'this is for Trayvon' in beating - baltimoresun.com

this makes two

He was beaten with his own gun but only sustained abrasions (as opposed to contusions) to his elbows and arms?

He was beaten with his own gun but only sustained abrasions (as opposed to contusions) to his elbows and arms?

"One of the boys had a handgun out and it was pointed at the back of him," Dudley said in an interview."

"They caught up to the man at the corner of Fairmount and N. Streeper Street, and the male with the gun beat the victim with what appeared to be his gun while others kicked and stomped him, Dudley said."

Somebody knows who did this. Jail time is way too good for these types.

"One of the boys had a handgun out and it was pointed at the back of him," Dudley said in an interview."

"They caught up to the man at the corner of Fairmount and N. Streeper Street, and the male with the gun beat the victim with what appeared to be his gun while others kicked and stomped him, Dudley said."

Oops, I don't know why I read that the way I did. Thanks for the correction.

Gotta wonder what the Hispanic community thinks about the trial and the fallout and coverage.

The media doesn't seem interested enough to ask them.

nothing but street scum... the product of our entitled society. This is the world Obama is leading us to.

Only 7 posts before "It's all Obama's fault". Brilliant! :roll:

nothing but street scum... the product of our entitled society. This is the world Obama is leading us to.

I went to the link in the OP, President Obama wasn't mentioned.

If you feel like you're being led somewhere that you don't want to go, why don't you take a different road?

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." ~ Lewis Carroll

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Gotta wonder what the Hispanic community thinks about the trial and the fallout and coverage.

The media doesn't seem interested enough to ask them.

I guess (IF Reporters=Whites, THEN Blacks > Hispanics)=True.

But at least these groups are registering their disapproval of the notion of targeting people because of their ethnicity :roll:

Last edited:
IF this turns out to be an accurate account of what happened, then this is in fact a civil rights case that the Feds should go after. Unlike the Martin case.

IF this turns out to be an accurate account of what happened, then this is in fact a civil rights case that the Feds should go after. Unlike the Martin case.

Yeah, sounds like a hate crime, doesn't it?

Oops, I don't know why I read that the way I did. Thanks for the correction.

I'm not speaking to the veracity of the article, but it was poorly written. A couple of sentences needed to read twice.

I went to the link in the OP, President Obama wasn't mentioned.

If you feel like you're being led somewhere that you don't want to go, why don't you take a different road?

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." ~ Lewis Carroll

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

It's an "observation". Look it up.

Don't roll your eyes. If it were any other subject, it'd only take three to get to Bush.

And it would have gone something like this- "just wait, those Libbos will blame Bush for this!" ;)

I'm waiting for the 'conservative' to note the victim spoke very poor English, so he MUST be an illegal and if 'we' had only deported them all back in the day and secured the borders he never would have had his ass beaten !!! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom