• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

One religion over another? What are you talking about?

If the state of New York gives Islam land to build a mosque on, but doesn't give EVERY other religion property to build a worship building on then they are supporting Islam over other religions. That is prohibited in the 1st amendment.

Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

It might appear so on the surface, but it's relatively commonplace. If the state was giving land to a religious group for no reason whatsoever, that could be a problem. Presumably this will be some sort of land exchange deal that would be worked out. The first amendment doesn't bar the state from engaging in commercial deals with religious groups.

The government offered land to the Greek Orthodox Church that was located next to ground zero as well.

Agreed. A land swap for equal values would be hard to argue against. That isn't how I read the article. It is vague. I suppose we'll have to wait for the finer details.

And if this does happen, I'm sure everybody who accused the group of being too spiteful to change their building plans will at least apologize for that.

I won't apologize because the only reason why they would have decided to move it is because we spoke out, brought attention to the subject, and brought the heat down on them.

I won't apologize because the only reason why they would have decided to move it is because we spoke out, brought attention to the subject, and brought the heat down on them.

They haven't said they are moving yet.

:lol:

I love how no one gives a **** that the land that is being offered is State land which means it is voters land.
But no, free land? Why wouldn't the Mosque move.
I'd move it if I got free land.

I'd actually have more of a problem with this than them building it at ground zero, but not if they're purchasing the land from the state.

I'd actually have more of a problem with this than them building it at ground zero, but not if they're purchasing the land from the state.

I thought you wanted the Mosque moved.
State land should be a fair deal considering the majority of NY's oppose it no?

I thought you wanted the Mosque moved.
State land should be a fair deal considering the majority of NY's oppose it no?

Not if it's being given away for free, that in my book would be akin to blackmail. If they're purchasing the land or making a land swap of equal or greater value then that's fine.

Not if it's being given away for free. If they're purchasing the land or making a land swap of equal or greater value then that's fine.

It would be highly amusing if they got the land for next to nothing. I'm sure the voters wouldn't care seeing the Mosque in its current location is so offensive.

It would be highly amusing if they got the land for next to nothing. I'm sure the voters wouldn't care seeing the Mosque in its current location is so offensive.

That is the reason why I would be even more pissed off about this than them building the Mosque at ground zero, it would be akin to blackmail.

If after all thus ruckus the state hands over a parcel for nothing or next to nothing for the construction of a Mosque at a less controversial location, and my fellow New Yorkers pitch a fit, I'm going to laugh until I die.

Seriously, what do the Muslims involved have to do to please the whiny bitches, self-immolate? :lol:

You missed the entire point of what he said.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...s-nation-mosque-projects-meet-opposition.html

This is becoming a trend. A very very dangerous one.

What's dangerous about opposing oppressive ideological systems? Am I opposed to Islam? Yes, I am opposed to all organized religion, but out of all of the major organized religions today mainstream Islam is particularly troubling.

Am I Islamophobic? You bet your ass, I find it a terrifying prospect that 1.5 billion claim to adhere to an ideology in which the only accepted view in all 5 major mainstream sects is that apostasy, sodomy, adultery, and/or premarital sex warrant capital and/or corporal punishment due to what they believe an invisible man in the sky told some guy in the desert who may or may not have even existed over 1,500 years ago.

Last edited:
This would cause me to begin to respect Islam just a tiny bit if this turns out to be true.

Ground Zero Mosque On The Move? « CBS New York- News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

So they are going to cave to a bunch of retards trying to act as though all muslims flew plans into the trade towers? I think my respect for them just lowered if this story is true. Caving to the "we do not want any dirty Muslims building their damn mosque two blocks away from ground zero" crowd is nothing to respect.

Last edited:

Am I Islamophobic? You bet your ass, I find it a terrifying prospect that 1.5 billion claim to adhere to an ideology in which the only accepted view in all 5 major mainstream sects is that apostasy, sodomy, adultery, and/or premarital sex warrant capital and/or corporal punishment due to what they believe an invisible man in the sky told some guy who may or may not have even existed over 1,500 years ago.

No Muslim cares what you think about Islam and our practices so that point is moot anyway.
And once again, not every Muslim does that so bundling us all as one is highly amusing but wrong.

So they are going to cave to a bunch of retards trying to act as though all muslims flew plans into the trade towers? I think my respect for them just lowered if this story is true.

So I take it you would have no problem building an Orthodox Cathedral in the town of Srebrenica?

No Muslim cares what you think about Islam and our practices so that point is moot anyway.

It's not what I think, it's what I know, this isn't in the realm of opinion or my personal interpretation of the Koran and the Hadiths, this is the only accepted view decided through the Ijma of the Ulama in all five mainstream schools of Islamic Fiqh.

And once again, not every Muslim does that so bundling us all as one is highly amusing but wrong.

That says absolutely nothing about Islam, as I said those are currently the only accepted views within mainsream Islam today. Whether all Muslims believe them says nothing towards the tenets of the ideology itself anymore than a pro-choice Catholic has to say towards Catholicisms' stance on abortion.

Last edited:
So I take it you would have no problem building an Orthodox Cathedral in the town of Srebrenica?

No I do not have a problem with that. Why would I care? We do not ban catholic churches or homosexuals near preschools,day cares near elementary schools or anywhere near children just because some catholic priest and homosexuals who happened to be pedophiles molested some little boys. Maybe we should ban all white people from buying sheets just pr at least get outraged anytime a white person buys white sheets because a white supremacist former terrorist group likes to dress in sheets,

Last edited:

It's not what I think, it's what I know, this isn't in the realm of opinion or my personal interpretation of the Koran and the Hadiths, this is the only accepted view decided through the Ijma of the Ulama in all five mainstream schools of Islamic Fiqh.

We've had this discussion before. So let me just cut through all your BS with a simple. You are wrong. Muslims have no hierarchy of authority

Oh and it is YOUR opinion of Islam shining through. It's the wrong interpretation but I suppose that is what it is. Have you ever even read the Qu'ran or hadiths?

Edit: And we are getting off topic.

Last edited:

That is the reason why I would be even more pissed off about this than them building the Mosque at ground zero, it would be akin to blackmail.

Ah.
So if Muslims keep the Mosque on the land they bought and are legally allowed to build on. They are being insensitive bastards who wish to celebrate the 9/11.
If Muslims with the help of the State move said Mosque and get it at a discount because of the fact they are moving when they have no legal reason to but at the request of the State in the face of opposition by voters of NY. They are blackmailers

Such whiny people will never be pleased ....
Which one would you prefer? Option 1 or 2?

No I do not have a problem with that. Why would I care? We do not ban catholic churches or homosexuals near preschools,day cares near elementary schools or anywhere near children just because some catholic priest and homosexuals who happened to be pedophiles molested some little boys. Maybe we should ban all white people from buying sheets just pr at least get outraged anytime a white person buys white sheets because a white supremacist former terrorist group likes to dress in sheets,

You honestly would see nothing offensive about building an Orthodox Church on the site where Serbian Orthodox Christians slaughtered thousands of innocent Bosnian Muslims?

Ah.
So if Muslims keep the Mosque on the land they bought and are legally allowed to build on. They are being insensitive bastards who wish to celebrate the 9/11.
If Muslims with the help of the State move said Mosque and get it at a discount because of the fact they are moving when they have no legal reason to but at the request of the State in the face of opposition by voters of NY. They are blackmailers

Pretty much yes, they should have never tried to build the Mosque there in the first place, if the state agrees to trade the land they already purchased for the land they now intend to build on that's fine but they shouldn't be bought off.

Such whiny people will never be pleased ....
Which one would you prefer? Option 1 or 2?

Option 1, atleast it isn't capitulation to emotional blackmail and a violation of church and state.

You honestly would see nothing offensive about building an Orthodox Church on the site where Serbian Orthodox Christians slaughtered thousands of innocent Bosnian Muslims?

Why hold those who had nothing to do with it responsible?

Pretty much yes, they should have never tried to build the Mosque there in the first place, if the state agrees to trade the land they already purchased for the land they now intend to build on that's fine but they shouldn't be bought off.

Option 1, atleast it isn't capitulation to emotional blackmail and a violation of church and state.

Your constitution says otherwise. Muslims have the right to worship, the same for any other religion in US. Unless you'd like to change it ofc ...

Good to know you support the Mosque in its current position.

No. Should be we find it offensive anytime a white person buys white sheets because a white supremacist former terrorist group likes to dress in sheets. Should we find it offensive when Catholics build a church near a daycare, preschool, elementary school, Chucky Cheese Pizza or any other building that caters to or educates children?

We've had this discussion before. So let me just cut through all your BS with a simple. You are wrong. Muslims have no hierarchy of authority

Yep I'm just making up the terms, Ulama and Ijma, as well as, the Hanbali, Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi`i, and Jafari schools of Islamic dogma.

Oh and it is YOUR opinion of Islam shining through.

My opinion of the only accepted views within mainstream Islam today.

Back
Top Bottom