• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grosskreutz regrets not emptying his magazine into Rittenhouse

Gaige Grosskreutz, who was illegally carrying a weapon, just sealed Rittenhouse's self-defense argument. They night get him for the possession charge, but the murder charge is toast; burnt toast.

Armed leftist badly wounded in Kenosha shooting allegedly regrets 'not killing the kid' accused of firing at him - TheBlaze

I'm not even sure the possession charge will stick.

There are some reports I've seen indicating that the gun he was carrying belonged to a friend/resident of Wisconsin. If that's true, then the "crossing state lines" issue is moot.

Meanwhile, there are also reports that Wisconsin law allows juveniles 16 (15?) to 18 open carry of long rifles and shotguns. If both of these turn out to be true, then the assertions of "illegal possession" etc. do not come into play.

That leaves the issue of whether or not Kyle was acting in self-defense.

From the growing video evidence, IMO he has a decent case for self-defense as things currently stand.

Time will tell.

Gaige Grosskreutz, who was illegally carrying a weapon, just sealed Rittenhouse's self-defense argument. They night get him for the possession charge, but the murder charge is toast; burnt toast.

Armed leftist badly wounded in Kenosha shooting allegedly regrets 'not killing the kid' accused of firing at him - TheBlaze

Apart from your standard puke funnel Putin-backed reference when did you stop advocating for an armed citizen to protect himself and others? Oh, wait. When he's NOT the rightwing murderer that you're praising. Never mind.

Apart from your standard puke funnel Putin-backed reference when did you stop advocating for an armed citizen to protect himself and others? Oh, wait. When he's NOT the rightwing murderer that you're praising. Never mind.

Of course that goes both ways. Now you support guns for self defense?

I'm glad Mr. Grosskreutz chose not to shoot the kid.

More consideration than Kyle Rittenhouse showed his victims.

Well, from the way the video seems to go, I don't think he "chose" not to. I think Rittenhouse saw the gun aiming toward him and shot first.

There are some reports I've seen indicating that the gun he was carrying belonged to a friend/resident of Wisconsin. If that's true, then the "crossing state lines" issue is moot.

Meanwhile, there are also reports that Wisconsin law allows juveniles 16 (15?) to 18 open carry of long rifles and shotguns. If both of these turn out to be true, then the assertions of "illegal possession" etc. do not come into play.

From the growing video evidence, IMO he has a decent case for self-defense as things currently stand.

Time will tell.

Wow, when you're trying to defend the indefensible you fully take leave of your senses. By "some reports" you're undoubtedly referring to the avalanche of lies the rightwing is pumping out about this case. But even if they weren't lies that would not change a single fact of the case. It doesn't matter who the gun belonged to only who was in possession of it. In fact, if this were true it would actually increase the number of people who could be considered accessories to these murders. Not that this will stanch that lying but here's WI law pertaining to this situation:
Wisconsin generally prohibits the intentional transfer of any firearm to an individual under age 18.1

The state also generally prohibits the possession of a firearm by any person under age 18.2

These restrictions do not apply, however, when the firearm is being used by a person under age 18 when supervised by an adult during target practice or a course of instruction.3

Wisconsin law generally provides that for hunting purposes, the minimum age for possession or control of a firearm is age 12.4 A person age 12 but under age 14 may not hunt without being accompanied by his or her parent, guardian or a person at least 18 years of age who is designated by the parent or guardian.5 A young person 12 to 14 years of age also may possess a firearm if he or she is enrolled in instruction under the state hunter education program and is carrying the firearm in a case, unloaded, to or from that class, or is handling or operating the firearm during that class under the supervision of an instructor.6

Note that none of the exceptions to this law apply here.

allegedly told a friend he regrets "not killing the kid" accused of shooting him and "emptying the entire mag."

"allegedly" means that someone said he said that.

Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't say that.

Time will tell.

Statement from Rittenhouse's legal team:

Full Statement:

VERNON HILLS, ILLINOIS / August 28, 2020 / Pierce Bainbridge is honored to represent 17-year old Antioch, Illinois resident Kyle Rittenhouse, who has suddenly found himself at the center of a national firestorm and charged with murder after defending himself from a relentless, vicious and potentially deadly mob attack in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

On August 25th, 2020, Kenosha spiraled into chaos following the Jacob Blake shooting. The Kenosha Mayor and Wisconsin Governor failed to provide a basic degree of law and order to protect the citizens and community buildings in Kenosha. The city burned as mobs destroyed buildings and property, and looters stole whatever they wanted. Rioters defaced storefronts, the courthouse, and many other public and private locations across the city.

After Kyle finished his work that day as a community lifeguard in Kenosha, he wanted to help clean up some of the damage, so he and a friend went to the local public high school to remove graffiti by rioters. Later in the day, they received information about a call for help from a local business owner, whose downtown Kenosha auto dealership was largely destroyed by mob violence. The business owner needed help to protect what he had left of his life’s work, including two nearby mechanic’s shops. Kyle and a friend armed themselves with rifles due to the deadly violence gripping Kenosha and many other American cities, and headed to the business premises. The weapons were in Wisconsin and never crossed state lines....Rittenhouse Attorneys Claim Self-Defense Kenosha Shootings

Of course that goes both ways. Now you support guns for self defense?

Now that we know there's a determined rightwing militia effort to commit political murders and a coordinated effort to dismiss that.....certainly. As the saying goes, you don't bring a knife to gun fight.

Statement from Rittenhouse's legal team:

That is some highly fragrant lawyerly bull****. They will need a lot more than that to get this punk assassin off.

Well, from the way the video seems to go, I don't think he "chose" not to. I think Rittenhouse saw the gun aiming toward him and shot first.

According to the criminal complaint,

"When the defendant shot Huber, Grosskreutz freezes and ducks and takes a step back. Grosskreutz puts his hands in the air. Grosskreutz then moves towards the defendant who aims his gun at Grosskreutz and shoots him, firing 1 shot. Grosskreutz was shot in the right arm. Grosskreutz appears to be holding a handgun in his right hand when he was shot."

So, how does any of that indicate that Grosskruetz planned on shooting Rittenhouse? Why bother chasing him down the street? You don't need to chase someone to shoot them.

Now that we know there's a determined rightwing militia effort to commit political murders and a coordinated effort to dismiss that.....certainly. As the saying goes, you don't bring a knife to gun fight.

I like how you completely miss the fact that rioters and looters are the ones doing bad things that others are reacting to.

allegedly told a friend he regrets "not killing the kid" accused of shooting him and "emptying the entire mag."

What's the definition of 'hearsay' for a hundred, Alex.

According to the criminal complaint,

"When the defendant shot Huber, Grosskreutz freezes and ducks and takes a step back. Grosskreutz puts his hands in the air. Grosskreutz then moves towards the defendant who aims his gun at Grosskreutz and shoots him, firing 1 shot. Grosskreutz was shot in the right arm. Grosskreutz appears to be holding a handgun in his right hand when he was shot."

So, how does any of that indicate that Grosskruetz planned on shooting Rittenhouse? Why bother chasing him down the street? You don't need to chase someone to shoot them.

Ya know, there is a little thing call "video evidence." I have watched various videos of this encounter.

From MY view, it appears that Mr. Grosskruetz already had the gun in hand as he approached, and was raising it toward Rittenhouse. Whereupon Rittenhouse fired hitting Mr. Grosskruetz in the upper-inner right-arm just above the elbow...as Mr. Grosskruetz was simultaneously raising his gun in the direction of Mr. Rittenhouse.

Hence my response. :shrug:

Put Grosskreutz on the stand and ask why he was illegally possessing a firearm, while he was rioting.

I like how you completely miss the fact that rioters and looters are the ones doing bad things that others are reacting to.

According to the Leftists, there aren't any rioters.

So you think that he should have shot the kid? Or that a well trained gunman would have?

Someone with some training would have fired. Notice how Rittenhouse exhibited a high level of proficiency?

That is some highly fragrant lawyerly bull****. They will need a lot more than that to get this punk assassin off.

They're really going to need all the video shot from the incident.

From the linked article:

But an Internet archive screenshot from Wednesday shows a Facebook post from Marshall taking issue with conclusions being drawn about Grosskreutz: "There's a narrative saying Gaige was chasing this kid with a gun...no. Gaige did try pulling his gun right after this, because clearly his life was in danger and then the kid shot him...but after being shot wasn't able to release his gun because of the muscle damage. So all these pictures and post of how the kid did it in 'self defense' is bulls**t. If you don't agree we can personally meet up and talk 'self defense' policies cuz I'm over this bulls**t narrative that's being passed around that Gaige was attacking the shooter."

Grosskreutz is a member of a social justice group, the People's Revolution Movement of Milwaukee, and a friend of his told the Chicago Sun-Times that his "whole reason for being out here was to provide medical services to protesters in Kenosha, and when Gaige tried to detain [the active shooter], he got shot in the arm."

So, yes, there was a mob chasing the shooter *after he had killed someone*. This is going to come down to the question of self-defense in the FIRST shooting. Just the fact this kid was there illegally with a gun, seems to make him criminally liable for the situation happening at all, reducing his right to self-defense, and even moreso against people chasing him after he had killed someone else. This cases seems likely to explore the boundaries of self-defense.

Back
Top Bottom