• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grisham out as West Wing press secretary without having held a briefing

Atomic Kid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Grisham out as West Wing press secretary without having held a briefing - CNNPolitics

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham is leaving the job without ever having briefed the press. CNN has learned she is returning to the East Wing as first lady Melania Trump's chief of staff as President Donald Trump's new chief of staff Mark Meadows shakes up the communications team in the West Wing.

Guess we can spare the hankies for this sendoff. Stephanie, we hardly knew ye. Perhaps to better of us all. Buh-bye! :2wave:

Link is to the White House and announcing that Grisham will become the First Lady's chief of staff.

Access Denied

Link is to the White House and announcing that Grisham will become the First Lady's chief of staff.

Access Denied

So...contrary to the inevitable CT's from the Trump haters, the fact is, Grisham got a promotion.

So...contrary to the inevitable CT's from the Trump haters, the fact is, Grisham got a promotion.

What matters is that this is extra-exciting bad news. :lol:

Why does anyone think this is a promotion for her? Maybe it is but I kind of doubt it.

LOL! You call that a promotion? We hardly ever hear from the First Lady. So I suppose we won't hearing much from Ms. Grisham as well. Don't kid yourself. It's a demotion

What matters is that this is extra-exciting bad news. :lol:

Actually it's good news. She was a terrible White House press secretary. She was little more than a personal attack dog for the President.

Actually it's good news. She was a terrible White House press secretary. She was little more than a personal attack dog for the President.

My bet is that you will find fault daily with the new press secretary too. ;)

Now if I had to work for one of those folks, I would certainly pick Melania too. But nowhere does it say Grisham got a promotion. Can you point out where it is said she got a promotion?

Transparency! Oh boy, but CV19 hits, and Trump is front and center in those "briefings".

The thing is, Trump bullies the press so they can't ask tough questions, and no one else gets away with it like he does.
In any format that holds him to short answers, or challenges his 100% bogus responses, Trump looks so much more the fool than he already does, it has to be completely managed to avoid that.
Always has.

His poor supporters are OK with that, it's so sad.

The press secretaries that he has had so far had many faults......

The press secretaries that he has had so far had many faults......

Oh, yes. And any others Trump has will too. They will all be terrible and definitely liars. Trust me, I understand this.

Not sure if it is even worth bothering with since they don't seem to serve any useful purpose in this administration aside from propping up the President's lies and distortions and attacking his political and personal enemies.

Not sure if it is even worth bothering with since they don't seem to serve any useful purpose in this administration aside from propping up the President's lies and distortions and attacking his political and personal enemies.

Then don't bother. You already have it all figured out.

Now if I had to work for one of those folks, I would certainly pick Melania too. But nowhere does it say Grisham got a promotion. Can you point out where it is said she got a promotion?

She went from a staff position (Melania) to another staff position (Trump) to a Chief of Staff position (Melania).

Yes...I'd certainly call that a promotion.

btw...original name, there, new member. Welcome to the forum.

OK - I can admit when I am wrong. Thought she was FLOTUS Chief of Staff previously.

That tennis pavilion won’t build itself!

She went from a staff position (Melania) to another staff position (Trump) to a Chief of Staff position (Melania).

Yes...I'd certainly call that a promotion.

btw...original name, there, new member. Welcome to the forum.

They handed her a consolation booby prize.

Then don't bother. You already have it all figured out.

Well this one never gave or hosted even one measly press conference. So yeah, why bother. They're apparently not interested in letting any of them provide any kind of real public service to the people anyway.

Well this one never gave or hosted even one measly press conference. So yeah, why bother. They're apparently not interested in letting any of them provide any kind of real public service to the people anyway.

Right.

And the daily pressers on COVID-19 would have nothing to do with the Press Secretary not holding any pressers. Strange times. Clearly, Grisham wasn't a good fit. No idea whether this was her idea or somebody else's and don't really care. I've never made a habit of paying attention to press secretaries; I understand their job.

All the best people, etc, etc.

Back
Top Bottom