• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grilled <???> and cheese?

How do you prefer your grilled cheese sandwiches?

• Nothing, just grilled cheese

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Grilled ham & cheese

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Grilled turkey & cheese

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Grilled tomato & cheese

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • I don't eat grilled cheese. I just wanted to come in and troll a clearly titled thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i think the word you are looking for is "bacon"

which actually goes with everything

my grilled cheese sandwich tip: add mustard. justa skoch; too much ruins it but a small amount enhances the cheese flavor

How do you prefer your grilled cheese sandwiches?

I like a variety:

title Recipes
Plain and Simple Melt (on French or Wheat Bread)
American Cheese......$3
Sharp Cheddar......$4.25
Gruyere......$4.25
Double Cream Brie......$4.50
Habanero Jack......$5.50
Sundried Tomato & Basil Goat Cheese......$5.50
Aged White Cheddar......$4.25
Bleu Cheese Crumbles......$4.25

Cheesy Mac and Rib
Macaroni and Cheese with Sharp Cheddar......$6
with BBQ Pork, Caramelized Onions......$7.75

Brie Melt (on Black Peppercorn Bread)
Double Cream Brie with Bacon, Smoked Onion & Bourbon Marmalade, and Candied Pecans......$7.50

Buffalo Chicken Melt
Habanero Jack and Crumbled Bleu Cheese with Spicy Roasted Buffalo Chicken and Celery Coleslaw......$7.25

Goat Cheese Melt (on Roasted Garlic Bread)
Goat Cheese with Sundried Tomatoes, Basil, Spinach, and Thick House-made Potato Chips......$7

Three Cheese Melt
Gruyere, Aged White Cheddar, and Bleu Cheese......$5.75

Dessert Melts
S'more Melt: Toasted Marshmallows, Nutella and Crumbled Graham Crackers......$5
Banana French Toast Melt: Creamy Vanilla Ricotta Cheese with Roasted Banana Puree and Amaretti Cookies on Cinnamon Swirl French Toast......$6.25

Additions
Savory
BBQ Smoked Pork......$2.50
Mac & Cheese......$2.50
Fresh Avocado......$2
Applewood Bacon......$2
Smoked Turkey......$2
Caramelized Onions......$0.75
Fresh Spinach......$0.75
Sliced Red Onions......$0.50
Sliced Apples......$0.50
Fresh Basil......$0.50
B&B Pickles......$0.50
Buffalo Chicken......$2.25
Sliced Ripe Tomatoes......$0.50
Smoked Onion Marmalade......$0.75
Thick-Cut Potato Chips......$0.75

Sweet
Nutella......$1.75
Toasted Marshmallows......$1.25
Roasted Banana Puree......$0.75
Candied Pecans......$0.75
Peanut Butter......$0.50
Graham Crackers......$0.50

Sides
Tomato Soup: Shot...$0.50/ Cup...$2.50
Mac and Cheese: Cup...$3.25
Tater Tots w/ Sea Salt...$3.75
Homemade B&B Pickle Chips...$0.50
Daily Dipping Sauces...$0.50

Crusts
Parmesan...$1
Fresh Jalapeño ...$1
Parmesan and Bacon...$1.25

Now Melting!

The Grilled Cheese Truck

What I really like is Hatch Green Chilies.

i think the word you are looking for is "bacon"

which actually goes with everything

my grilled cheese sandwich tip: add mustard. justa skoch; too much ruins it but a small amount enhances the cheese flavor
:doh I knew I'd forget one. I love bacon on grilled cheese.

Where is the option for fried bologna?
"Other". I like that, as well.

At what point does a grilled cheese sandwich become a "<something else> melt"?

For example, add ham and it's a "grilled ham & cheese". Add tuna and it's a "tuna melt".

when I was a kid, my mother's method of making "grilled cheese" was to butter a slice of bread, slap a slice of american cheese on it and put it in the oven on "broil" for a couple of minutes. it was like cheese toast

Grilled ham and cheese on good rye bread is the classic but:

1. Grilled Cheese w/ bacon and tomato
2. Grilled roast beef and cheddar
3. Grilled chicken w/ bacon, tomato and smoked gouda

Grilled ham and cheese on good rye bread is the classic but:

1. Grilled Cheese w/ bacon and tomato
2. Grilled roast beef and cheddar
3. Grilled chicken w/ bacon, tomato and smoked gouda

OOOO smoked gouda, I need to try that one!

Lots of things are good, but it's all ruined with American cheese. American cheese is disgusting. I only do white cheese.

My last grilled cheese was with a grilled chicken breast, 3 melted cheeses (Swiss, provolone, mozzarella), shredded lettuce, tomato, and a little Ranch dressing.

I like variety, so I mix and match cheeses all the time.

What's really good, though, is grilled cheese on good quality sourdough. Ooh.

Oh, and sometimes I sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the outside before I grill it. The Parmesan gets kind of crusty and adds a nice flavor.

For example, add ham and it's a "grilled ham & cheese". Add tuna and it's a "tuna melt".

It depends on the proportions. The cheese should predominate in order for it to be considered a "grilled cheese" sandwich

It depends on the proportions. The cheese should predominate in order for it to be considered a "grilled cheese" sandwich

Good answer. I didn't really have an answer in mind when I asked, but I like your's. Makes perfect sense.

Needed a few more options.
Grilled cheese, pineapple and mayo is the bomb.

at the point where it contains anything other than cheese and bread. add anything else and it is a "xyz" sandwich.

I'm a purist... ;)

arbys-beef-n-cheddar.jpg

Well, I'm hard.

Absolutely! Any "grilled cheese" needs to be gooey and whatever else is with it needs to be there primarily as texture and an accent. The bread is also important. Plain old white "wonderbread" doesn't cut it. You need good sourdough, caraway rye, pumpernickel or something along those lines. It needs to be buttered and grilled to the point where there is a significant "crunch" when taking a bite.

Cheeze Whiz isn't cheese.

It was good cheese. I moonlighted at an Arby's as a teen for about 6 months. I used to sneak those Beef 'n Cheddars to the back room.

That red ranch sauce made it pimp.

Absolutely! Any "grilled cheese" needs to be gooey and whatever else is with it needs to be there primarily as texture and an accent. The bread is also important. Plain old white "wonderbread" doesn't cut it. You need good sourdough, caraway rye, pumpernickel or something along those lines. It needs to be buttered and grilled to the point where there is a significant "crunch" when taking a bite.

Yes, crunchy and gooey are required. Otherwise, it's a sandwich with cheese

Back
Top Bottom