• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grilled <???> and cheese?

How do you prefer your grilled cheese sandwiches?

• Nothing, just grilled cheese

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Grilled ham & cheese

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Grilled turkey & cheese

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Grilled tomato & cheese

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • I don't eat grilled cheese. I just wanted to come in and troll a clearly titled thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

American cheese, with a couple slices of Brandywine tomato, on peanut bread! Most of the food groups are there, and I can make it at home! Serve with a dill pickle and some chips! Not imaginative, but a great tasting lunch in a hurry! :mrgreen:

Greetings, radcen. :2wave:

I've heard more than a few women make that very same statement. Funny. No mention of grilled cheese at all.

what do you get when you mix a pickle with flour?

a dill dough

My other is onion - spanish or red are best

I have gravitated to Swiss cheese with smoked salmon on rye over the years.

American cheese, with a couple slices of Brandywine tomato, on peanut bread! Most of the food groups are there, and I can make it at home! Serve with a dill pickle and some chips! Not imaginative, but a great tasting lunch in a hurry! :mrgreen:

Greetings.

Peanut bread? I've never even heard of that. Sounds interesting, though, in a good way.

Greetings.

Peanut bread? I've never even heard of that. Sounds interesting, though, in a good way.

I first had peanut bread at Beef'O Bradys, and is it ever good! Just makes everything else on the sandwich taste better, for some reason.

what do you get when you mix a pickle with flour? a dill dough

<groan> :doh

At least that is a LOT better than what you get when you cross a cigarette with an extension cord.

Last edited:

That sounds good! I make mine almost the same but with:

For the caramelized onions:
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

For the grilled cheese:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 slices bread (such as sourdough or brioche)
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup kale leaves

If you want instructions on how to make it, go to my blog Yum! Recipes To Share: Grown-Up Grilled Cheese

See ya! :)

I dont know if i "prefer" them anyway at all

its about mood for me

Ive had, plain, ham, turkey, bacon, steak, tuna, salmon and pickles

like them all

If you want to get fancy BLT&GC (Bacon, Lettuce,Tomato and Grilled Cheese) is hard to beat.

Just grilled cheese is fine. Well butter of course.

Not that some ham now and then would be unwelcome either. :)

So many great ideas! mostly just do cheddar cheese on sourdough; add tomato slices if we have them. But now that I've read this thread, I need to get MUCH more creative!

Have done it with ham... would LOVE it with bacon, but my arteries might start complaining...

Back
Top Bottom