• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grilled <???> and cheese?

How do you prefer your grilled cheese sandwiches?

• Nothing, just grilled cheese

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Grilled ham & cheese

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Grilled turkey & cheese

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Grilled tomato & cheese

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • I don't eat grilled cheese. I just wanted to come in and troll a clearly titled thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The political hackery in this thread is just disgusting and inhuman.....Can't we all just get along!

:mrgreen:

toasted-ciabatta-with-melted-brie-bacon-and-thyme.jpg

Toasted ciabatta bred with melted brie with bacon and thyme.

plain grilled cheese with tomato soup.
How old are you again?
Call it adolescence. Call it nostalgia. Call it whatever you want. Sometimes, especially on a dreary cold & rainy day, nothing hits the spot like a plain grilled cheese and tomato soup. Some things are just classic.

outside arby's, i've never seen "beef" that looked like that.

It can still taste good, but i don't kid myself it's quality beef, either.

cheese steaks are made by taking rib-eye steak... Freezing it, then slicing it face wise into very thin slices...like arby's beef.

cheese steaks are made by taking rib-eye steak... Freezing it, then slicing it face wise into very thin slices...like arby's beef.

That is not how Arby's does it

They take a variety of cuts, press them together with other ingredients and cook their meat in a bag

They take a variety of cuts, press them together with other ingredients and cook their meat in a bag

pressed meat?.....you may be correct on that, like steak-um...but the slice is comparable to cheese steaks.

It's like thinly sliced SPAM. My oldest son was an assistant manager at an Arby's for a couple of years.

grilled-cheese.jpg

Jalapeno bread with three melted cheeses. Ok dammit - having grilled cheese tonight for dinner!

Mostly I like plain grilled cheese. Sometimes I make grilled ham and cheese, turkey and cheese, or bacon and cheese. All are good.

I like ham and cheese. I like sausage, egg and grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast every now and then.

A nice hearty whole grain wheat bread to start with.. it just grills wonderfully. At least a slice and a half of munster, and I rotate what the other cheese is.. the munster melts down to a great consistency, the other cheese is typically for the flavor. A drizzle of sriracha onthe first layer of cheese, a few slices of lunchmeat (usually roast beef) in between and then the other cheese. Usually it is a three slices of cheese affair.. slice and a half of munster, and slice and a half of the other (to get full bread coverage).

For a really really good grilled cheese go with whole sage leaves and proscuitto. Cook the whole (fresh) sage leaves in some butter. drizzle a few slices of ciabatta with the brown butter, add cheese of choice layer the proscuitto and the sage leaves on that.. and more cheese of course

generally plain. i do add ham sometimes.

ideally, it would be on a special kind of bread with some sort of interesting cheese. i watch calories, however, so i generally keep it pretty minimal.

A pickle on the side is mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom