• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Grieving daughter reminds America it didn't have to be this way

Technocratic BS.

Which is one reason why we've lost so many lives.

Denying science which you are doing is why we lost so many lives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stop posting propaganda. Here's some actual journalism from the BBC.

Coronavirus pandemic: Tracking the global outbreak - BBC News

As you can see, it's a global pandemic. The US has handled.it better than many other countries.

I think everyone here knows it’s a global pandemic.

Worldometer list 215 countries. The metric most commonly used to compare how well countries are doing is the number of deaths per million people in each country. As of today we stand at number 10. So:

There are 9 countries doing worse than us

And

205 countries who are doing better.

Perhaps you can call 9 “many”, but if so what do you call 205?

Denying science which you are doing is why we lost so many lives.

Blindly following certain technocrats, without giving personal physicians the freedom to make medical decisions on their own, is why we have lost so many lives.

Last edited:
She’s right. It didn’t have to be this way. We could have shut the entire nation down in January and then, in May or June, sent out a couple of test subjects to see if the virus was still around.

We could have followed the Democrat plan of “criticize everything Trump does” because nothing says “fix the problem” quite like blaming everyone else.

We could have abandoned the Constitution and had the federal government take over the entire health care system thus providing a clear, consolidated and politically managed response to the virus.

We could have done a lot of things but the only real solution is to use every opportunity to bash Trump because that fixes everything...just like voting for Obama fixed racial injustice.

The daughter also blames the Governor:

Kristin Urquiza said her father thought he was safe going out because Ducey encouraged people to "get out and about" when he lifted stay-at-home orders.

"I don't know exactly where he contracted the virus, but he contracted it within three weeks of the state opening. At the same time, Gov. Ducey was encouraging people to go back to normal life," she told NBC News. Mark Anthony Urquiza obituary blamed politicians for COVID-19 death - Insider

She is grieving, and it's natural to want reasons, some explanation for the impossible happening. But blaming the President or the Governor without taking into account her father's personal choice too isn't fair.

And our rates of infection are near the top. Death rates about eighth in a chart I just saw.

There was no way to lock down 350 million peoole in a country this big. You can claim Biden would have had a 0% death rate, but there's no way that was going to happen and saying that it could is ****ing stupid.

36f28of39rh51.jpg

Donald Trumps handling of the coronavirus pandemic is nothing short of criminal negligence.

How many terrified Americans have died alone in a hospital of COVID while Trump was having a grand time golfing at one of his luxury resorts?

Another ~25,000 Americans will die of COVID by Election Day on November 3rd. It didn't have to be this way.

I am sure the 100K DNC viewers already agreed Trump evil.

There was no way to lock down 350 million peoole in a country this big. You can claim Biden would have had a 0% death rate, but there's no way that was going to happen and saying that it could is ****ing stupid.

It seems to me you just contradicted yourself. First you say the reason for our high numbers is that we have a lot of people. I look things up and show you that our *rates* of infection and deaths are high. So you respond that we can’t lock down the country. Fair enough, but irrelevant. Trump dropped the ball. He could have acted like Giuliani or Bush post 9/11, been everywhere, respected the science and addressed the American people, telling us that his “stable genius” persona would guide us thru the crisis. Fairly easy stuff, guaranteeing re-election. Instead he spoke of quack cures and contradicted his own administration’s guidelines.

It seems to me you just contradicted yourself. First you say the reason for our high numbers is that we have a lot of people. I look things up and show you that our *rates* of infection and deaths are high. So you respond that we can’t lock down the country. Fair enough, but irrelevant. Trump dropped the ball. He could have acted like Giuliani or Bush post 9/11, been everywhere, respected the science and addressed the American people, telling us that his “stable genius” persona would guide us thru the crisis. Fairly easy stuff, guaranteeing re-election. Instead he spoke of quack cures and contradicted his own administration’s guidelines.

I just explained why our infection rate is high. What should Trump have done to keep the rates at 0%? Don't repeat dumb ass Left wing talking points, be specific.

Blindly following certain technocrats, without giving personal physicians the freedom to make medical decisions on their own, is why we have lost so many lives.

NO lives were lost for the reason you state. Why do you think personal physicians can’t make decisions on their own? Off label prescribing has always been available to physicians for any drug as long as it is available in the US.

“Off-label prescribing is when a physician gives you a drug that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved to treat a condition different than your condition. This practice is legal and common. In fact, one in five prescriptions written today are for off-label use.”

Off-Label Drugs: What You Need to Know | Agency for Health Research and Quality

I just explained why our infection rate is high. What should Trump have done to keep the rates at 0%? Don't repeat dumb ass Left wing talking points, be specific.

How did you explain why our infection rate is high?

Trump could have recognized the seriousness of the virus: not gone to Tulsa, not talked about disinfectant, encouraged people to wear masks, not make dumb comments like of the cruise ship, "I don't need to have our numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault," or that April temperatures would make the virus "go away." In short, respect science, choose his words carefully, and support his own administration's cautions and recommendations. Instead he created a divide with respect to the virus where one woman could joke that she wouldn't wear a mask because she didn't "want to look like a democrat." (Btw, does anyone know if there has been a political divide with respect to the virus in other countries?)

Of course none of this would have made our rate zero. No one is suggesting that.

Speaking cynically, this was a great political opportunity for Trump. Maybe he couldn't speak like FDR during the depression or Churchill during the blitz, but he could have taken a cue from Giuliani post 9/11. Trump doesn't have "the right stuff," he's not "a wartime consigliere," -- pick your cultural allusion.

How did you explain why our infection rate is high?

Trump could have recognized the seriousness of the virus: not gone to Tulsa, not talked about disinfectant, encouraged people to wear masks, not make dumb comments like of the cruise ship, "I don't need to have our numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault," or that April temperatures would make the virus "go away." In short, respect science, choose his words carefully, and support his own administration's cautions and recommendations. Instead he created a divide with respect to the virus where one woman could joke that she wouldn't wear a mask because she didn't "want to look like a democrat." (Btw, does anyone know if there has been a political divide with respect to the virus in other countries?)

Of course none of this would have made our rate zero. No one is suggesting that.

Speaking cynically, this was a great political opportunity for Trump. Maybe he couldn't speak like FDR during the depression or Churchill during the blitz, but he could have taken a cue from Giuliani post 9/11. Trump doesn't have "the right stuff," he's not "a wartime consigliere," -- pick your cultural allusion.

I did explain why our infection rate is so high: we have 350 million people spread out over a country that is 3,796,742 square miles in size. There's no way to lock down that many people. Besides that, this The United States. You aren't going to lock the American people down. Biden couldn't. Not only would he not have the ability, he wouldn't have the authority.

But, feel free to show us how Biden would have kept the death rate at 0%. I keep asking, but you all run every time I do.

I did explain why our infection rate is so high: we have 350 million people spread out over a country that is 3,796,742 square miles in size. There's no way to lock down that many people. Besides that, this The United States. You aren't going to lock the American people down. Biden couldn't. Not only would he not have the ability, he wouldn't have the authority.

But, feel free to show us how Biden would have kept the death rate at 0%. I keep asking, but you all run every time I do.

Why do you suggest that anyone is assuming that the death rate should be at zero? And of course we cannot lock down the entire country. But if Trump had acted sooner and more in line with scientific advice things would have been better. There is a difference between our number of deaths being high compared to smaller countries, and the rate of deaths proportionate to the population. The rate did not have to be as high as it has been.

Why do you suggest that anyone is assuming that the death rate should be at zero? And of course we cannot lock down the entire country. But if Trump had acted sooner and more in line with scientific advice things would have been better. There is a difference between our number of deaths being high compared to smaller countries, and the rate of deaths proportionate to the population. The rate did not have to be as high as it has been.

You all blame 100% of the deaths on Trump, so obviously the only way he escapes blame would be for the death rate to be 0%.

You all blame 100% of the deaths on Trump, so obviously the only way he escapes blame would be for the death rate to be 0%.

Straw man alert! No, I blame Trump for making things worse than they needed to have been. That's it. Had he addressed us early about taking precautions instead of viewing this as a political problem only, had he not pushed idiotic ideas about cures, we would have been better off, with fewer, not zero dead.

Straw man alert! No, I blame Trump for making things worse than they needed to have been. That's it. Had he addressed us early about taking precautions instead of viewing this as a political problem only, had he not pushed idiotic ideas about cures, we would have been better off, with fewer, not zero dead.

The girl in the OP is literally blaming her father's death on Trump. Is she wrong?

If Democrats hadn’t done everything possible to block physicians from prescribing HCQ, this man could have been alive today.

Trump did everything he could to try to help, liberals blocked it because they couldn’t bear to see Trump help people.

Which is why they censured Whitsett for crediting Trump with saving her life.

Maybe....the evidence is kind of shaky fir HCQ. Sime people it helped, some not so much. Granted, that doesn't fit your narrative of Dr Trump saving everybody.

She’s right. It didn’t have to be this way. We could have shut the entire nation down in January and then, in May or June, sent out a couple of test subjects to see if the virus was still around.

We could have followed the Democrat plan of “criticize everything Trump does” because nothing says “fix the problem” quite like blaming everyone else.

We could have abandoned the Constitution and had the federal government take over the entire health care system thus providing a clear, consolidated and politically managed response to the virus.

We could have done a lot of things but the only real solution is to use every opportunity to bash Trump because that fixes everything...just like voting for Obama fixed racial injustice.

i thought itcwas going to go away in April though....it diesn't like warmth which us why Florida's numbers are so low .

The reason Trump didn't do these things isn't out if resoect for the Constitution (of course you'll still be claiming that after his third term), it's because he doesn't want to take responsibility for it in case it goes wrong. He's not a leader, he's a blamer. He was waiting for it to go bad do he could furiously tweet about how it's all Democrats' fault. Remember "Liberate Michigan?" It was all about blame which it always is for him.

If Democrats hadn’t done everything possible to block physicians from prescribing HCQ, this man could have been alive today.

Trump did everything he could to try to help, liberals blocked it because they couldn’t bear to see Trump help people.

Which is why they censured Whitsett for crediting Trump with saving her life.

Every word of your post is BS. Every word.

Ther was no evidence that HCQ cures Corona virus, or is an effective treatment.

But, when you hang on every lie Trump tells you......

i thought itcwas going to go away in April though....it diesn't like warmth which us why Florida's numbers are so low .

The reason Trump didn't do these things isn't out if resoect for the Constitution (of course you'll still be claiming that after his third term), it's because he doesn't want to take responsibility for it in case it goes wrong. He's not a leader, he's a blamer. He was waiting for it to go bad do he could furiously tweet about how it's all Democrats' fault. Remember "Liberate Michigan?" It was all about blame which it always is for him.

Trump was trying to be positive about the whole thing instead of drowning in the end of the world hyperventilation that was happening at the time. He was looking at things from the perspective of every other "super bug" we've been hit with over the last 70 years and saying, "we got through it before and we'll get through this one too".

Maybe if Pelosi had blocked the President having even $1 in the first stage to try to contain covid-19 for months - rather than over a week that would have been better.

The reason her 65 year old died is because he wasn't put into a nursing home with people infected with covid-19 - the Democratic Party's plan - and action. If only her father had been put in housing with people infected with covid-19 he'd still be alive.

That's what she's claiming, isn't it? Her Dad should have been made to live with people infected with covid-19 - like the Democratic governors of NY, NJ and California declared was the right thing to do.

36f28of39rh51.jpg

Donald Trumps handling of the coronavirus pandemic is nothing short of criminal negligence.

How many terrified Americans have died alone in a hospital of COVID while Trump was having a grand time golfing at one of his luxury resorts?

Another ~25,000 Americans will die of COVID by Election Day on November 3rd. It didn't have to be this way.

They should show more victims of trump’s policies, not lackies who had sudden come to jesus moments.

Trump was trying to be positive about the whole thing instead of drowning in the end of the world hyperventilation

Definitely one of the stupidest defences of his ineptitude and downplaying of the pandemic.

But it’s ok, you can Continue to show, full pelt, that you don’t care about your fellow man and continue the clown show.

The girl in the OP is literally blaming her father's death on Trump. Is she wrong?

She said his pre-existing condition was trusting Trump, so she faults her father a bit in retrospect. Trump isn't indictable, and of course he takes no responsibility, as he dutifully told us. But I'd attach some blame to him for misleading his followers. Trump missed an opportunity to warn those who believe what he says. Given his record of lies, I am tempted to say they miscalculated as well, but Trump had his chance to show leadership and didn't. His style of leadership was shown when he had people gassed so he could do his Fellini-esque stunt with the bible. (That's vintage Trump, and it should stand as a symbol of his presidency.) So she has a point.

Back
Top Bottom