• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gretta Thunberg says stay home for Black Friday. Wait until Small Business Saturday to do your shopping.

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
love it something new .......

our christmas shopping is done sooooooo now I will need to remember where we put the gifts

Gretta Thunberg says stay home for Black Friday. Wait until Small Business Saturday to do your shopping.​

Small Business Saturday 2021: What You Need to Know

https://smallbiztrends.com › 2021/11 › small-business-s...
4 days ago — Small business Saturday falls on November 27, 2021, and is designed to encourage consumers to shop at small and local independent retailers, ...

Small Business Saturday | Shop Local With American Express​

https://www.americanexpress.com › small-business › sh...

Learn about the nationwide Shop Small movement to help small businesses and ... This Small Business Saturday®, we're excited to team up with Google to ...

How to Make the Most of 2021's Small Business Saturday - Inc ...​

https://www.inc.com › anna-meyer › small-business-satur...

3 days ago — Sandwiched between Black Friday and Cyber Monday is a holiday shopping opportunity you can't afford to ignore: Small Business Saturday.

Small Business Saturday 2021 - US Chamber of Commerce​

https://www.uschamber.com › Grow › Marketing

Nov 2, 2021 — Small Business Saturday, which takes place on November 27 this year, encourages consumers to support local businesses by shopping small.

Small Business Saturday 2021: Get Ready with These Ideas​

https://blogs.constantcontact.com › ... › General

Nov 12, 2021 — Small business Saturday falls on November 27, 2021. This nationwide effort is poised to direct lots of retail traffic and revenue to U.S. small ...

Small Business Saturday – November 27, 2021 - National Today​

https://nationaltoday.com › small-business-saturday

Small Business Saturday® falls on the Saturday after Thanksgiving — November 27. In the age of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it's easy to skip over the mom-and ...

our christmas shopping is done sooooooo now I will need to remember where we put the gifts
Good advice.

It seems to me that Black Friday never has enough of the hot items, is more or less dictating what shoppers should buy based on their over stocking choices and we must not forget sales will be running till Christmas eve.

Frankly the one and only time we went out the chaos made me tired and ready for a nap.

Enjoy the holidays somehow .............

Greta is irrelevant. Nothing has changed
---------------------------

Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and dozens of members of Congress converged on Glasgow this week, as COP26 enters its final few days, without any prospect of the US passing key climate-focused legislation before it ends.The senior US politicians flew to Scotland following a frantic few days on Capitol Hill, where US President Joe Biden managed to get his signature infrastructure bill through Congress, though without any of the major climate initiatives he had promised.

With days left until the end of the summit which concludes on Friday, climate activists have expressed disappointment about the lack of firm US commitments which is perhaps understandable since the last thing Biden needs, trying to explain to his woke constituency why soaring inflation is good for them, is to also having to inform the American public that a grand total of $150 trillion in new - and very inflationary - spending will be required to ram through the Net Zero agenda. Still, activists are hoping the presence of so many members of Congress in Glasgow will give them a chance to press the case for passing Biden’s $1.75tn social security package, which includes around $550bn of environmental provisions.

Biden has promised to put tackling climate change at the heart of his domestic agenda, and attended the Glasgow summit in person last week. But his administration disappointed many attendees when it refused to sign up to a pledge to phase out coal power, joining China and India in opting out of the 40-nation agreement.

Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and dozens of members of Congress converged on Glasgow this week, as COP26 enters its final few days, without any prospect of the US passing key climate-focused legislation before it ends.The senior US politicians flew to Scotland following a frantic few days on Capitol Hill, where US President Joe Biden managed to get his signature infrastructure bill through Congress, though without any of the major climate initiatives he had promised.

With days left until the end of the summit which concludes on Friday, climate activists have expressed disappointment about the lack of firm US commitments which is perhaps understandable since the last thing Biden needs, trying to explain to his woke constituency why soaring inflation is good for them, is to also having to inform the American public that a grand total of $150 trillion in new - and very inflationary - spending will be required to ram through the Net Zero agenda. Still, activists are hoping the presence of so many members of Congress in Glasgow will give them a chance to press the case for passing Biden’s $1.75tn social security package, which includes around $550bn of environmental provisions.

Biden has promised to put tackling climate change at the heart of his domestic agenda, and attended the Glasgow summit in person last week. But his administration disappointed many attendees when it refused to sign up to a pledge to phase out coal power, joining China and India in opting out of the 40-nation agreement.

Doesn't it really get under your skin that a young girl has a larger voice? LMAO.... Do you support shopping at small businesses instead of the large chains?

Greta is too naïve to realize that her own sailboat isn't "green"

There is almost nothing green about her sailboat.............. unless it's seasickness.

Greta is too naïve to realize that her own sailboat isn't "green"

There is almost nothing green about her sailboat.............. unless it's seasickness.

Do you support her message to buy from small businesses?

Greta speaks clearly .......

all the virtue signalers our of one side of their mouth : " Great Idea!!!"
all the virtue signalers out of the other " Sh!t, this thing is way cheaper on amazon.....click ....click....{place order } ....click"
Yep.
The facts of life-> consrvative.

Do you support her message to buy from small businesses?

She's kinda cute and runs her mouth a lot.

Why should I or anyone else pay $170 .00 locally for a Penn Battle II fishing reel & rod combo that I can but for $110.00 online?

Just because Greta says to?

all the virtue signalers out of the other " Sh!t, this thing is way cheaper on amazon.....click ....click....{place order } ....click"
Yep.
the fact is not everything is cheaper at Amazon just as not everything at Wal-Mart is a bargain. Our youngest is marrying soon thus included in the gift wish list stainless steel cookware. So I went looking around online and found a nice set at COSTCO for 199.99 in the store yet online COSTCO was asking 259.99 and AMAZON for the identical set was asking 299.99.

I will look in our small downtown at a specific locally owned department store next week. Cannot dilly dally too long because in todays shopping environment what is available today may go up in smoke tomorrow
and never return.

The concept that the more spent locally makes more money available to local investment and wages etc etc etc. More job security locally.

Yep.
You literally just imagined an anecdote in your head and then decided that those are the "facts of life" supporting conservative ideology :unsure:

A lot of the deal items on Black Friday, like TVs and computers, are models of lesser quality that are made especially for Black Friday. So, they often aren't as good of a deal as they seem to be.

A lot of the deal items on Black Friday, like TVs and computers, are models of lesser quality that are made especially for Black Friday. So, they often aren't as good of a deal as they seem to be.

A lot of look alike products found in discount stores are specifically designed to meet a price point not offer high quality.

You literally just imagined an anecdote in your head and then decided that those are the "facts of life" supporting conservative ideology :unsure:
Yep .that’s how it works. People act in self interest. Bezos:’ yep, he’s right’

She's kinda cute and runs her mouth a lot.

Why should I or anyone else pay $170 .00 locally for a Penn Battle II fishing reel & rod combo that I can but for $110.00 online?

Just because Greta says to?
No, that would be counter-productive. I don't know what Greta has in mind, but you can support local businesses other ways. Instead of leftovers, go out to eat Saturday.

It's even worse here, several stores has Black Friday week, because for some reason we managed to bastardize an already bad tradition that shouldn't have come here, sigh.

the fact is not everything is cheaper at Amazon just as not everything at Wal-Mart is a bargain. Our youngest is marrying soon thus included in the gift wish list stainless steel cookware. So I went looking around online and found a nice set at COSTCO for 199.99 in the store yet online COSTCO was asking 259.99 and AMAZON for the identical set was asking 299.99.

I will look in our small downtown at a specific locally owned department store next week. Cannot dilly dally too long because in todays shopping environment what is available today may go up in smoke tomorrow
and never return.
Though to make a real price comparison you need to factor in the cost of you time. Takes 5 minutes to buy something on Amazon, comparison shopping in real stores could take hours.

Unless you like that. Me? I hate shopping.

The pizza place near my house has announced a 2 for the price of 1 pie sale on Black Friday. Looks like I'll be eating pizza after Thanksgiving instead of turkey sandwiches (those can wait till Saturday) and do some shopping too. 😁

Good advice.
LOL

I find it hilarious how people listen to that Assburger.
HANGE-UN-185-INT_ED5_S01-Read-Only.jpg

Whoa...

Why boycott BLACK Friday? What, is that Saturday WHITE, or something? You telling people to ignore the BLACK day, and drop your money on Saturday is racist!

#BlackDaysMatter

Yep.
There's nothing lazier than stereotyping people, and projecting your own values while doing it..... 🥴

We buy lots of stuff on Amazon, but it's because it's either there or another big chain, and I don't see a reason for a trip to Best Buy or CVS or Bed Bath and Beyond when I can get the same stuff on Amazon in three days. We do shop local small businesses for what they offer. I could buy all my fly fishing and tying gear online, but go to the local shop because it's worth having for all kinds of reasons. For one, you can't cast a rod online, and there's no way to know how a rod feels except to cast it, and you can't get fishing reports or fly recommendations from Amazon. There are three outdoors stores we buy clothes and gear from and they might be cheaper on Amazon but I don't check. Same with bike stuff, kitchen stuff, appliances.

Back
Top Bottom