• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gretchen Carlson of Fox News Files Suit Against Roger Ailes

Some women genuinely like to be ogled; some utterly despise it. Many are somewhere in between.

Why is it that some males won't show a basic level of self-control when it comes to not eyeing women and girls in an inappropriate time or manner?

I think some men are simply hornier than 3-balled tomcats and that controls their thinking.

From New York Magazine today:

Fox News host Gretchen Carlson may be the highest-profile woman to accuse Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, but she is not the first. In my 2014 biography of the Fox News chief, I [Gabriel Sherman] included interviews with four women who told me Ailes had used his position of power to make either unwanted sexual advances or inappropriate sexual comments in the office.

And it appears she won’t be the last, either. In recent days, more than a dozen women have contacted Carlson’s New Jersey-based attorney, Nancy Erika Smith, and made detailed allegations of sexual harassment by Ailes over a 25-year period dating back to the 1960s when he was a producer on The Mike Douglas Show. ...Taken together, these stories portray Ailes as a boss who spoke openly of expecting women to perform sexual favors in exchange for job opportunities.

Six More Women Allege Ailes Sexual Harassment -- NYMag

The accounts of these women, now 54-73, make for very, very interesting reading. Roger Ailes's attorney has responded to the linked article and says that Carlson and her attorney are trying to litigate her case in the press and that all these allegations, all 30-50 years old, are false.

From New York Magazine today:

Fox News host Gretchen Carlson may be the highest-profile woman to accuse Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, but she is not the first. In my 2014 biography of the Fox News chief, I [Gabriel Sherman] included interviews with four women who told me Ailes had used his position of power to make either unwanted sexual advances or inappropriate sexual comments in the office.

And it appears she won’t be the last, either. In recent days, more than a dozen women have contacted Carlson’s New Jersey-based attorney, Nancy Erika Smith, and made detailed allegations of sexual harassment by Ailes over a 25-year period dating back to the 1960s when he was a producer on The Mike Douglas Show. ...Taken together, these stories portray Ailes as a boss who spoke openly of expecting women to perform sexual favors in exchange for job opportunities.

Six More Women Allege Ailes Sexual Harassment -- NYMag

The accounts of these women, now 54-73, make for very, very interesting reading. Roger Ailes's attorney has responded to the linked article and says that Carlson and her attorney are trying to litigate her case in the press and that all these allegations, all 30-50 years old, are false.

Actually, the reading isn't interesting at all. If true, Roger Ailes looks like the biggest scumsack of all time. A maggot trap! If true, I hope an angry angel finds him in the dark of the night.(Oh, I read the entire article listing all of the women who had come forward and the accounts of their experiences)

Those women's accounts seemed genuine. I have experienced what they talked about. And I wonder how many have forgotten or don't realize that being groped/attempted groping happened a lot. I think the "cute" term for this is "grab-ass." It was once okay to have calendars of bare-breasted women on display on the wall by the cash register at an ordinary service station. Different times.

"Diane" talking about an audition for "The Mike Douglas Show":

He grabbed me and had his hands on me and he forced me to kiss him. When I recoiled he said, ‘Well, you know no girls get a job here unless they’re cooperative.’ I just pushed him away and ran out of there. He was like, whatever. So, no job for me. http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...uit-against-roger-ailes-8.html#post1066064425

Those women's accounts seemed genuine. I have experienced what they talked about. And I wonder how many have forgotten or don't realize that being groped/attempted groping happened a lot. I think the "cute" term for this is "grab-ass." It was once okay to have calendars of bare-breasted women on display on the wall by the cash register at an ordinary service station. Different times.

"Diane" talking about an audition for "The Mike Douglas Show":

He grabbed me and had his hands on me and he forced me to kiss him. When I recoiled he said, ‘Well, you know no girls get a job here unless they’re cooperative.’ I just pushed him away and ran out of there. He was like, whatever. So, no job for me. http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...uit-against-roger-ailes-8.html#post1066064425

the term i think of is 'casting couch' and its use to 'evaluate' the talent
it was common place during ailes early career

but times have changed
took my favorite suggestive calendar from a job with a government engineering office - where the contractors openly provided them to every employee who wanted such an item for their wall - to my next job in a federal office. within an hour after hanging it in my cubicle, one of the older, female co-workers became apopleptic. guess which single, 20's male got a stern admonishment from chief counsel the same week he started his job
expect roger to receive a similar lesson, instructing him that what was once open and acceptable is no longer tolerated

the term i think of is 'casting couch' and its use to 'evaluate' the talent
it was common place during ailes early career

but times have changed
took my favorite suggestive calendar from a job with a government engineering office - where the contractors openly provided them to every employee who wanted such an item for their wall - to my next job in a federal office. within an hour after hanging it in my cubicle, one of the older, female co-workers became apopleptic. guess which single, 20's male got a stern admonishment from chief counsel the same week he started his job
expect roger to receive a similar lesson, instructing him that what was once open and acceptable is no longer tolerated

That memo went out in the '80's. ;)

I hear tell 6 more women have come forward claiming they too were groped by that "Dirty Old Man"..................The mental picture I have has me on the flood laughing..............

What I wonder is how the loyal Faux devotees will be handling this.............white guy Bill Cosby case..............

I hear tell 6 more women have come forward claiming they too were groped by that "Dirty Old Man"..................The mental picture I have has me on the flood laughing..............

What I wonder is how the loyal Faux devotees will be handling this.............white guy Bill Cosby case..............

I wonder if any of his victims looked like Monica or Paula?

I had never heard of her. I was sitting with my wife watching an interview with her talking about the alleged abuse, my wife said "she's lying".

That's good enough for me, folks.

I had never heard of her. I was sitting with my wife watching an interview with her talking about the alleged abuse, my wife said "she's lying".

are all 16 women lying?

Personally, I think she's full of crap. FOX news has a history of hiring beautiful anchors and contributors. I don't think that's a crime but you can't tell me that if Ailes has this problem that this lady is the only victim and no one else has come forward. I think it's just sour grapes over being fired.

6 More Women Allege Ailes Sexual Harassment -- NYMag

Actually 6 more women have come forward. What's sad and pathetic though is that in your mind it takes the word of multiple women to equal the word of one man.

6 More Women Allege Ailes Sexual Harassment -- NYMag

Actually 6 more women have come forward. What's sad and pathetic though is that in your mind it takes the word of multiple women to equal the word of one man.

The two named women are former RNC field adviser Kellie Boyle and former model Marsha Callahan. The allegations date back to the 1960s, when Ailes was a producer on The Mike Douglas Show.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/6-more-women-accuse-roger-ailes-sexual-harassment-170408061.html

What we have here is judging a guy by 2016 standards for things he did decades ago, AKA INJUSTICE.

This needs to be condemned.

What we have here is judging a guy by 2016 standards for things he did decades ago, AKA INJUSTICE.

Ummm...No.

First, the things he did back in those days were still wrong in those days.

Second, he has clearly not learned anything as he is obviously still doing it today. If a black guy told you David Duke called him a N*$$er today would you refuse to believe him just because Duke quite the KKK years ago?

**** bags like Ailes count on the fact that if it's his word vs a woman's everyone will assume she's just a scorn woman looking for revenge. In reality women rarely make accusations like this unless there's something to it.

What can I say.............

What can I say.............

the ONLY thing that could be said in response

it is clear mrs hawkeye10 makes those calls in that household

since we do not know her, her opinion should be found meaningless to us

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/6-more-women-accuse-roger-ailes-sexual-harassment-170408061.html

This needs to be condemned.

If the stories are true, he had a married woman blacklisted for refusing to sleep with him (aka commit adultery), among other things. That's not an acceptable standard in any era, sorry.

Second, you said earlier the women were most likely lying.

So I guess the defense is, 1) Carlson is lying because your wife has ESP, 2) they're all lying, and/or 3) if those others are telling the truth and it's just Carlson who is making things up then it's still OK because being a sexual predator in the workplace used to be fine!

Compelling!

Back
Top Bottom