• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gretchen Carlson of Fox News Files Suit Against Roger Ailes

I tend to believe Gretchen. She's a fine Christian lady and I's sorry to see she's no longer with FOX News.

Yes because fine Christians never lie.:lamo

Yes because fine Christians never lie.:lamo

Yeah, I caught that too. To be honest I don't know if Carlson is one of those that is all the time talking about it or not, but IME, if someone makes a point of telling you he or she is a good Christian, hang on to your hat, wallet, belt, the spare change in your pocket, etc. There are obviously exceptions, but it's a good rule of thumb that's served me well over the years, at least in my area.

I'll never forget my mother in law coming home one day after being rear ended by a tourist from Ohio, his fault. Anyway, he tells her he's a deacon in the church, a good Christian, no need to call the cops and report to insurance, just send him the bill and he'll pay it. She gets home and tells the story to my father in law and all he says about it is, "Well, we can kiss that money goodbye..." And he was right of course...

I watched Gretchen Carlson for years while dressing for work. She wasn't always talking about her faith; in fact, I'm trying to remember if she ever did. Morning shows are generally fluffy, and they loop the news, but she was a good interviewer, and she always came across to me as Minnesota-sensible.

Yeah, I caught that too. To be honest I don't know if Carlson is one of those that is all the time talking about it or not, but IME, if someone makes a point of telling you he or she is a good Christian, hang on to your hat, wallet, belt, the spare change in your pocket, etc. There are obviously exceptions, but it's a good rule of thumb that's served me well over the years, at least in my area.

I'll never forget my mother in law coming home one day after being rear ended by a tourist from Ohio, his fault. Anyway, he tells her he's a deacon in the church, a good Christian, no need to call the cops and report to insurance, just send him the bill and he'll pay it. She gets home and tells the story to my father in law and all he says about it is, "Well, we can kiss that money goodbye..." And he was right of course...

Exactly.

Was waiting to see how long it would take for people to start personally attacking the victim. 128 nanoseconds. This is a world record. :mrgreen:

I believe her. But Logicman's nonsensical claim that she's believable because she's a fine Christian is total bull****.

I believe her. But Logicman's nonsensical claim that she's believable because she's a fine Christian is total bull****.

We are not defined, not by what we say, but by what we do.

I predict, "Gretchen Carlson settles for an undisclosed amount".

Yep. That's exactly what I think will happen here.

There may be truth to her stories. She claims he ogled her. I'm 54 and still don't mind when men ogle me. She says he commented on her dress and encouraged her to dress sexy. That's what most of the good looking women at Fox News do so maybe that's true. I also read that she said Steve Doocy created a bad atmosphere when she was on Fox & Friends. Could be true. Bottom line, her option wasn't picked up, and that makes her mad. It would make me mad too. So this may be true, and it may be a figment of her imagination. Nobody knows but her and Ailes, unless he did it with other people around.

Whatever the case may be, I see some money coming into her bank account, an out of court settlement without details shared, and everyone moves on.

Ah yes, go after a little justice by filing a lawsuit, and you are a monster for attacking the person you are suing. This is quite a laughable concept. This is the exact same thing that unscrupulous defense attorneys do to rape victims. Defend the monster rapist by making the victim out to be a monster. Next thing you know, you will be telling us that Gretchen deserved the treatment she got because..... Insert one of the following (the way she was dressed, she came on to him, she flirted with him, she's just a whore)

You can't see that you are doing the exact same thing in reverse? Just because someone accuses someone of something she is a victim, before any evidence even shows she is a victim and Ailes is decided to be guilty without one shred of evidence, other than her accusation?

There may be truth to her stories. She claims he ogled her. I'm 54 and still don't mind when men ogle me. She says he commented on her dress and encouraged her to dress sexy. That's what most of the good looking women at Fox News do so maybe that's true. I also read that she said Steve Doocy created a bad atmosphere when she was on Fox & Friends. Could be true. Bottom line, her option wasn't picked up, and that makes her mad. It would make me mad too. So this may be true, and it may be a figment of her imagination. Nobody knows but her and Ailes, unless he did it with other people around.

Whatever the case may be, I see some money coming into her bank account, an out of court settlement without details shared, and everyone moves on.

A golden parachute by another name. Crazy like a Fox...

How many friends does Ailes have in the business, and what do you think he's going to be telling anyone who will listen behind closed doors? He'll be trashing her up one side and down the other - edit to say, or at least that is a real risk, and it's male CEO to generally male CEO, so from the woman's perspective, who should she expect that new CEO to believe - his long time friend/associate or some low level reporter, past her prime in looks?

He clearly has friends over at the NYT media section. Check out this editorial

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/07/b...ger-ailes-sexual-harassment-lawsuit.html?_r=0

You just cant refer to her charges/suit against Ailes as a “startling accusation”. First there is never ever anything startling about a man being accused of such a thing. It may not be true but its never startling. And this man has been called for similar behavior before.
This is a good one too:“ almost unprecedented public attack on Mr. Ailes". “unprecedented” would be a lie. Add “almost” downgrades it to disingenuous.

This one is a little too subtle for the target audience “Ms. Carlson’s announcement of her lawsuit on Wednesday was carefully coordinated”. Mmmm, carefully coordinated. With a little work on that theme they could have connected her to the Turkish airport bombing.

He clearly has friends over at the NYT media section. Check out this editorial

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/07/b...ger-ailes-sexual-harassment-lawsuit.html?_r=0

You just cant refer to her charges/suit against Ailes as a “startling accusation”. First there is never ever anything startling about a man being accused of such a thing. It may not be true but its never startling. And this man has been called for similar behavior before.
This is a good one too:“ almost unprecedented public attack on Mr. Ailes". “unprecedented” would be a lie. Add “almost” downgrades it to disingenuous.

This one is a little too subtle for the target audience “Ms. Carlson’s announcement of her lawsuit on Wednesday was carefully coordinated”. Mmmm, carefully coordinated. With a little work on that theme they could have connected her to the Turkish airport bombing.

Yeah, that could run on Foxnews.com no problem, by one of their writers, who answers to Ailes. I liked the part where they state as fact that the ratings were troublesome - don't even bother to attribute that to someone at Fox as their interpretation.

The show had consistently won its time slot, averaging 1.1 million viewers in recent months. But it was the network’s lowest-rated daytime program among a crucial advertising demographic, raising concerns at Fox News that it was losing ground to competition from CNN.

And we see how risky it is to take on someone like Ailes in a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Bill Cosby what? Has Bill Cosby been found guilty of anything? What happened to that liberal idea of you are innocent until proven guilty?

That's in the eyes of the law. I am not the law.

Would you let your daughter go to his hotel room?

That's in the eyes of the law. I am not the law.

Would you let your daughter go to his hotel room?

What kind of a stupid question is that? I wouldn't let my daughter go to anyone's hotel room.

You can't see that you are doing the exact same thing in reverse? Just because someone accuses someone of something she is a victim, before any evidence even shows she is a victim and Ailes is decided to be guilty without one shred of evidence, other than her accusation?

Me? Nope. Since the story broke, at least 10 more women have come forward. Where there's smoke, there's fire....... Or do you still believe Bill Cosby?

I tend to believe Gretchen. She's a fine Christian lady and I's sorry to see she's no longer with FOX News.
I agree. But there is probably no way she was going to be able to continue there after the head honcho was unable to fulfill his fantasy.

Some women genuinely like to be ogled; some utterly despise it. Many are somewhere in between.

Why is it that some males won't show a basic level of self-control when it comes to not eyeing women and girls in an inappropriate time or manner?

Me? Nope. Since the story broke, at least 10 more women have come forward. Where there's smoke, there's fire....... Or do you still believe Bill Cosby?

Oh please. Another example of liberal hypocrisy in two ways:

1. Liberals claim people are innocent until proven guilty. Guess not.

2. There have been raging smoke and fires all around Hillary so what happened to "Where there's smoke there's fire"?

Oh please. Another example of liberal hypocrisy in two ways:

1. Liberals claim people are innocent until proven guilty. Guess not.

2. There have been raging smoke and fires all around Hillary so what happened to "Where there's smoke there's fire"?

Well, even though your post was waaay off topic I will address it, Clinton had her investigations, one after another and no criminal charges were filed, I assume that you are not a hypocrite and say that those not proven guilty are not-guilty. Now the CEO has not had his investigation competed yet, we shall see, now won't we. Curious why would you assume she is lying?

Well, even though your post was waaay off topic I will address it, Clinton had her investigations, one after another and no criminal charges were filed, I assume that you are not a hypocrite and say that those not proven guilty are not-guilty. Now the CEO has not had his investigation competed yet, we shall see, now won't we. Curious why would you assume she is lying?

First off, I don't know the truth and I don't pretend to. My first impression is that yes, I THINK she MAY be lying. As far as I know she never said a word to anyone about anything and then all of a sudden when they don't renew her conract she has been harrassed. Maybe with all the babes around Fox News they felt they could get a newcomber much cheaper than renewing her contract and she got pissed. Please don't tell me that every other babe at Fox News slept their way to the top. So what if he suggested to her to dress sexier? This is show biz. How many actresses are asked to dress sexy for ratings? It's part of the territory. If Ailes was such a slimeball it seems others would have complained but I realize that is not always the case. What amazes me is when liberals claim that people (such as suspected Muslim terrorists) are innocent until proven guilty and then some woman accuses a man of something and before a trial she is called a victim and the other is deemed guilty.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. O'Reilly has already been in trouble with sexual harassment, and he works on the channel. Furthermore, I remember Gretchen complaining a few years ago the dress policy at Fox. She said the women are not allowed to wear pants. They want them wearing short shirts and dresses with leg shots. She felt it was a form of sexual harassment. The fact that O'Reilly works there and has horrible history involving his own wife, and Gretchen has accused not only Alies but another guys suggests there is a rampant culture at Fox. That's how these things happen.

Back
Top Bottom