• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greg Gutfeld Proposes Building Gay Bar Next to Cordoba House

LizardofOz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Greg Gutfeld Proposes Building Gay Bar Next to Ground Zero Mosque (VIDEO)

From the article:
On Tuesday's 'Red Eye' (Weeknights, 3 AM ET on Fox News) television's really early morning zoo, ringleader Greg Gutfeld made a suggestion that is sure to entertain and offend: he wants to build a gay bar right next to the controversial "Ground Zero" mosque.

Not just any gay bar, but a gay bar that caters to Islamic men. "An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith," Gutfeld said.

"As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality," Gutfeld explained. "Which is why I'm building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world."

Gutfled claims his gay bar idea is completely serious and not an elaborate satire: "This is not a joke. I've already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance."

I used to watch this show on my breaks at work, and I'm not sure what to make of it, as the guy has several times said before that he is serious about something for comedic effect. I will say however my opinion is he can do what he wants, it's a free country however, I don't think a Catholic church would much care to have a gay bar next to it either and this is at best inflammatory and at worst a way to derail and destroy any legitimacy this guy has.

I will say however my opinion is he can do what he wants, it's a free country however, I don't think a Catholic church would much care to have a gay bar next to it either and this is at best inflammatory

I agree with you, and think that's the exact point he's trying to make. While it's a free country, and the government can not stop the mosque from being built there, it is inflamatory. The planners almost certainly decided to build there for the exact same reason that Greg is stating that he is putting a gay bar next door. To be inflamatory.

I don't believe it's not satire, but if it's not, I still like it. How appropriate to turn it back on the people that are planning the mosque. Even using the same reasoning that they did.

Last edited:
They should put a KKK recruiting station in Haarlem and see how Obama feels about that.

LOL!

I would like to see the reaction of the Imam, when he comes out of the mosque and see's "Al-just-Zip-It" across the street!

It is interesting to note that Imam Rauf and the Cordona Initiative will be implementing an "Islamic ex-gay ministry" inside the Ground Zero Mosque. I threw this past some of my liberal (gay) friends who were immediately angry. It seems that Gutfeld's gay bar and this "ministry" will be competiting for patrons. :)

I think a discount dildo shop would be better

A close friend of mine suggested a "9/11 Museum" be built directly across the street from the Ground Zero Mosque, where Gutfeld wants to put his gay bar competiting for parking ... and customers. I think this is a much better choice.

Back
Top Bottom