• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greg Abbott Is Starving His Own Voters To Own The Libs

Lost the argument did ya? Can always tell when a leftist loses the name calling starts flying, only here is a racist and a Trump thrown in. You didn’t just loses, he kicked your ass

Ain't name calling....just stating the obvious about the Republican Nazi Traitor Party.

What really has the libruls scared is that Abbotts moves are working. At least two Mexican governors have already signed agreements with Abbott to secure the borders of their states and prevent illegals from crossing over.
Are state officials allowed to create international agreements? I thought that was what the federal government is for. I think it's even in the Constitution.

Yep, he won. You lost. Now congratulate the guy and walk away son
You Trumpsters believe Trump won the 2020 election. Sorry, mentally disturbed folks like Trumpsters aren't really capable of determining who won and lost.

Texas Gov. Abbott reverses course on truck inspections at Mexico border

After nearly a week of gridlock and growing complaints, secondary ‘enhanced inspections’ suspended

Abbott claimed he was lifting the requirement because Mexican officials had agreed to new security measures. He was under tremendous pressure from business groups to back down because of major delays in deliveries, particularly as fruit and vegetable produce sat at risk of spoiling. It is unclear how long it will take for the backlog to clear and traffic to normalize along the border.

---It's very clear what a growing majority of Texans think.

Texas Gov. Abbott reverses course on truck inspections at Mexico border

After nearly a week of gridlock and growing complaints, secondary ‘enhanced inspections’ suspended

Abbott claimed he was lifting the requirement because Mexican officials had agreed to new security measures. He was under tremendous pressure from business groups to back down because of major delays in deliveries, particularly as fruit and vegetable produce sat at risk of spoiling. It is unclear how long it will take for the backlog to clear and traffic to normalize along the border.

---It's very clear what a growing majority of Texans think.
Abbott's own Trumpster Texas Agriculture Commissioner was criticizing him about it.

But at least Abbott got to be a giant dick for a few days....and when you get down to it, that's all Trumpster voters really care about.

Not even a good try.
I don't have to try. The facts are on my side.

I'm an American. You're a member of the Republican Nazi Party that attempted to overthrow our government on Jan 6.

**** your traitor party.

Washington Post columnist Catherine Rampell does an excellent job of explaining how insane Greg Abbott's actions are on the southern border. It makes absolutely zero sense. --

Starve your own voters to own the libs.

That appears to be Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s latest strategy for reaching the White House, given his decision to deliberately snarl traffic on the U.S. southern border — leaving food to rot and critical components for cars and other manufacturing to remain inaccessible to U.S. companies and consumers.

Last week, Abbott (R) announced that state troopers would begin “enhanced” safety inspections of commercial vehicles crossing the border, ostensibly to catch illegal immigrants and drugs.
Now, federal officials from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) already inspect vehicles crossing the border for human trafficking and potentially illicit cargo. And Texas state troopers are not legally allowed to inspect these truckers’ cargo; they can check only for mechanical issues, such as faulty brakes, tires or taillights.

Abbott must have known his stunt had risks. The quantity of cross-border trade — in food, auto parts, retail goods — is enormous, and of enormous consequence to the Lone Star State’s economy. Roughly $9 billion worth of fresh produce alone — 1.28 billion pounds — crosses into Texas from Mexico annually, according to the Texas International Produce Association.

But this is political theater, after all, and the show must go on.

Bah, a Wa poo onion. Meh.

I don't have to try. The facts are on my side.

I'm an American. You're a member of the Republican Nazi Party that attempted to overthrow our government on Jan 6.

**** your traitor party.
There you go again throwing lies and innuendo yet again. Done with you

Are state officials allowed to create international agreements? I thought that was what the federal government is for. I think it's even in the Constitution.

There is no truth or lies, with these guys. No reality. Its all spectacle. Tyrants live by it.

There is no truth or lies, with these guys. No reality. Its all spectacle. Tyrants live by it.
But can't the feds rein him in for overstepping his authority over something as important as an international agreement? I mean, that's serious.

They are not international agreements. They are agreements between border states and mostly revolve around trade. The federal government can set tariffs and taxes involving our international trading partners, however they cannot prevent American states bordering Mexican states from making safety and economic agreements.

Not nearly as much as you cry right now. You cry every day because you want more racism, like all Trumpsters.
Sounds like incoherent TDS motivated projection. Only a racist plays the race card. I hold no prejudices against hispanics. My problem is with illegal immigrants. I welcome immigrants who come here legally whatever their race or where they come from.

They are not international agreements. They are agreements between border states and mostly revolve around trade. The federal government can set tariffs and taxes involving our international trading partners, however they cannot prevent American states bordering Mexican states from making safety and economic agreements.
Only with the consent of congress

The U.S. Constitution distinguishes treaties from other agreements and compacts in three principal ways. First, only the federal government can conclude a "Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation." States can make an "Agreement or Compact" with other states or with foreign powers but only with consent of the Congress (Article I, section 10).

Maybe trump thinks he's a genius too.

What is "illegal immigration" anymore? You all call anyone coming to the border "illegal."
That is an incredibly stupid attempt at debate. My loyalties are to those who emigrate to America legally. The term illegal applies to the asswipes who sneak across the border illegally And. just showing up at the border is not emigrating. Legally we do not have open borders. We are a sovereign nation. Just like nearly every nation on the planet, we have borders that must be respected. One must apply to emigrate, reside, or work here.
And I guess they have the last laugh as most truly illegal immigrants dont sneak a cross the border, they come here legally and overstay their visas.
You lack the foggiest clue what you are talking about. At the present rate, by the end of Dementia Joe's term in office, one in five people in the US will be illegal immigrants. As for people who overstay their visas, that must also be enforced. At least one of the Islamic radicals that participated in the terrorist attacks of 9/11/01 had overstayed his visa.
But then, when did facts matter?
But then you are making up your own.

I'm not so sure about that.

That is an incredibly stupid attempt at debate. My loyalties are to those who emigrate to America legally. The term illegal applies to the asswipes who sneak across the border illegally And. just showing up at the border is not emigrating. Legally we do not have open borders. We are a sovereign nation. Just like nearly every nation on the planet, we have borders that must be respected. One must apply to emigrate, reside, or work here.

You lack the foggiest clue what you are talking about. At the present rate, by the end of Dementia Joe's term in office, one in five people in the US will be illegal immigrants. As for people who overstay their visas, that must also be enforced. At least one of the Islamic radicals that participated in the terrorist attacks of 9/11/01 had overstayed his visa.

But then you are making up your own.

I honestly don't think you know what an illegal immigrant is. People coming to the border and giving themselves up seeking asylum aren't illegal. Its just a prejudiced way of dehumanizing them.

I honestly don't think you know what an illegal immigrant is. People coming to the border and giving themselves up seeking asylum aren't illegal. Its just a prejudiced way of dehumanizing them.
Requesting asylum on the Mexican side of the border and then waiting on that side until their cases is considered does not make them illegal immigrants, however sneaking across the border and asking for asylum does. Roughly 15% of them bother to return for their court dates. Get a clue. It's the Mexican drug cartels and the democrat party that are dehumanizing them.

I'm not so sure about that.
I am. States do not need to seek permission from the federal government to make some agreements with bordering Mexican states. Perhaps nobody has informed you that the USA is 50 united states, not one big state.

Some reading material for you if you want to learn:

Washington Post columnist Catherine Rampell does an excellent job of explaining how insane Greg Abbott's actions are on the southern border. It makes absolutely zero sense. --

Starve your own voters to own the libs.

That appears to be Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s latest strategy for reaching the White House, given his decision to deliberately snarl traffic on the U.S. southern border — leaving food to rot and critical components for cars and other manufacturing to remain inaccessible to U.S. companies and consumers.

Last week, Abbott (R) announced that state troopers would begin “enhanced” safety inspections of commercial vehicles crossing the border, ostensibly to catch illegal immigrants and drugs.
Now, federal officials from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) already inspect vehicles crossing the border for human trafficking and potentially illicit cargo. And Texas state troopers are not legally allowed to inspect these truckers’ cargo; they can check only for mechanical issues, such as faulty brakes, tires or taillights.

Abbott must have known his stunt had risks. The quantity of cross-border trade — in food, auto parts, retail goods — is enormous, and of enormous consequence to the Lone Star State’s economy. Roughly $9 billion worth of fresh produce alone — 1.28 billion pounds — crosses into Texas from Mexico annually, according to the Texas International Produce Association.

But this is political theater, after all, and the show must go on.

Maybe if the incompetent administration would secure the border like Biden said in his State of the Union speech, maybe trucks won't be held up.

Back
Top Bottom