• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greetings & salutations.

OwnRules

This space for rent.
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've been lurking for a spell and like what I've seen so I've decided to take the plunge.

Retired Spanish ex-pat away from the Motherland for many a decade, spent 20 odd years in the US where I married and had my only child, another 20 in the Dom Rep where I currently reside - though prior to the pandemic I spent a lot of time back in Madrid. Of liberal - American definition - bent but not married to any ideology. Despise Trumpism and the ongoing damage it has done worldwide to truth, facts, democracy, science, race relations, and any semblance of civility in discussion. To the point that I took a long break from all SM after his dethroning - Jan 6th proved that's what it was as democracy in the US survived by a stroke of luck in the timing & a few brave men & women who stood in the way that fateful day.

I certainly won't be posting nearly as much as most of the members here as most seem to have posts into the thousands, and I am back posting on other sites such as the SDMB, reddit & Twitter. But I do want to add my $.02 here and there for what little its worth. For instance, contrary to my lean, I'll never understand calling men with penises, 'women' or vice versa.

Right - off I go to check the water temp.

I've been lurking for a spell and like what I've seen so I've decided to take the plunge.

Retired Spanish ex-pat away from the Motherland for many a decade, spent 20 odd years in the US where I married and had my only child, another 20 in the Dom Rep where I currently reside - though prior to the pandemic I spent a lot of time back in Madrid. Of liberal - American definition - bent but not married to any ideology. Despise Trumpism and the ongoing damage it has done worldwide to truth, facts, democracy, science, race relations, and any semblance of civility in discussion. To the point that I took a long break from all SM after his dethroning - Jan 6th proved that's what it was as democracy in the US survived by a stroke of luck in the timing & a few brave men & women who stood in the way that fateful day.

I certainly won't be posting nearly as much as most of the members here as most seem to have posts into the thousands, and I am back posting on other sites such as the SDMB, reddit & Twitter. But I do want to add my $.02 here and there for what little its worth. For instance, contrary to my lean, I'll never understand calling men with penises, 'women' or vice versa.

Right - off I go to check the water temp.
Howdy Doody, OwnRules!! Welcome to the forum.

All I can say is, as long as your "OwnRules" comply with DP's "Forum Rules"...and, as long as you refrain from insulting comments...I'll look forward to your unique point of view. If not, then I daresay you'll experience being "dismissed" by me.

Howdy Doody, OwnRules!! Welcome to the forum.

All I can say is, as long as your "OwnRules" comply with DP's "Forum Rules"...and, as long as you refrain from insulting comments...I'll look forward to your unique point of view. If not, then I daresay you'll experience being "dismissed" by me.
Sounds like a plan - but I do give as much as I take. Works both ways.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hi @OwnRules, good to have you join us!

Welcome-3.gif

Welcome aboard! I think you'll enjoy it here, it's pretty balanced and the mods are very reasonable. This is the only forum I've been on that you can still be friends with the people you have a hot debate with on different topics. It flows well. I look forward to your posts.

Welcome aboard! I think you'll enjoy it here, it's pretty balanced and the mods are very reasonable. This is the only forum I've been on that you can still be friends with the people you have a hot debate with on different topics. It flows well. I look forward to your posts.
Thank you, appreciate the welcome. And thus far I must say you're right - in the short time I've been here I've found this board to be the most balanced in terms of the views represented, it truly has posters from all ends of the spectrum which might make me reassess some of my own views however unlikely that may be due to my own age an entrenchment. No problems with the mods either which is always a good sign - at times, I must admit I am not the gentlest of posters.

Thanks again - see you on the other forums.

I would love to visit Spain and Portugal. I hear the fish is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom