• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Greetings----I'm a newbie

hawk2

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I enjoy discussions on politics and my position on the political spectrum is slightly right of center. I'm retired military and as such I would never glorify war but I strongly believe it is necessary to protect our freedoms and way of life since there is no evidence that human nature will ever change. I strongly endorse the current belief that we must maintain our weapons superiority because a position of weapons parity has historically led to massive casualties on both sides. If there is anyone here who does not understand "weapons parity", I would welcome a discussion on the subject.

I further believe that waiting for our enemies to attack before we respond also leads to needless loss of life and it is irresponsible for any administration to adopt this policy as the only means to wage a "Just" war.

I further believe that the policies and procedures of the "Patriot Act" are necessary to allow law enforcement and our intelligence agencies to locate and neutralize terror cells before they can act.

I am also a strong advocate of capitalism as the best economic system provided there is strong oversight by congress and strong enforcement of current laws which were enacted to prevent CEOs and CFOs from turning Corporations into their own private toys.

At least one additional set of laws must be enacted to protect corporate pension funds from being destroyed when Corporations declare bankruptcy and/or robbed by CEOs when faced with bankruptcy or other serious financial difficulty.

As you can see I have many strong opinions and I hope I can contribute to discussions in a positive manner.

Welcome aboard. Just came back here myself following others I admire in the political debate.

Welcome Hawk2 and you too Batman. I still feel pretty much a newbie myself and am still trying to figure out the most efficient way to navigate the site and find stuff--is there a thread already started on extra terrestrial immigration for instance?--but I have been enjoying it here enormously. Each day I am feeling more at home and am slowly making new friends. It's a well done site.

Thanks Batman and AlbqOwl.......I'm also having great difficulty navigating the site.

I sure wish they had an overall index with sub indexes like A2K

I did see someplace where suggestions were requested. Can't remember where that was though. :)

Welcome to Debate Politics!!

My favorite way to get around the forum is to click on the header pic - that always brings me to the home page.

A2K?

vauge said:
Welcome to Debate Politics!!

My favorite way to get around the forum is to click on the header pic - that always brings me to the home page.

A2K?

But is there a search mechanism or index of any kind so we can sort of zero in on a particular topic? I think many of us would find that useful. Even without it, though, this place is great and kudos to you Vauge.

A2K is Able2Know. You'll probably be seeing refugees from that site now and then due to the impression that they are having their problems in the tolerance department.

Hi Vauge

Please contact me by PM, and I will fill you in about A2K and make some suggestions if you're interested. I also commend you on the creation of this forum but as you know anything can be improved upon and if you can increase your membership, it is better for all of us as well as your advertising revenue.

Looking forward to communicating with you.
hawk2

AlbqOwl said:
But is there a search mechanism or index of any kind so we can sort of zero in on a particular topic? I think many of us would find that useful. Even without it, though, this place is great and kudos to you Vauge.

A2K is Able2Know. You'll probably be seeing refugees from that site now and then due to the impression that they are having their problems in the tolerance department.

Search is available on the navbar - almost very center, but to the right a bit.
There are 3 options:
regular search (word search)
advanced (topic, post, user, specific forum, etc...)
Google (offsite search)

When one clicks on the forums - ie. Todays News - there is a "Search this forum" button on top right side (under logout). This is equally available under the threads "Search this thread".

Hiya Tico. Always good to see a familiar face. :smile:

Hello. This seems to be the place to check in...

Welcome to Tico and McGentrix.........I'm still trying to get my bearings here. I particularly like the "news" feature with all the links.......it's got everything we need to keep up to date. Now, if I could just figure out how to locate the most interesting threads.......I would jump in and test the water. I think I'll start with new posts.

Glad you guys are here

Yay, McG is here too. Old home week at the OK Corral or something like that.

Hi, everyone! Guess who? LOL!!!

<Thanks, bunches, Foxy!>

<er...AlbqOwl>

:2wave:

LOL and ((((hugs))))) to JW. It's about time you showed up. :smile:

<< Not shy LOL. I jumped right in :)

Greetings JW.......glad you're here.

Hiya, Hawk!! Nice to be here...I think I'll like it:lol:

Ticomaya said:
Hi, JW. Every thread I wanted to post in over at A2K is presently locked. :roll:

LOL. Funny how that happens. The folks here are just as diverse and eclectic in their views and opinions, but just about everybody has mostly learned how to discuss differences without being personally insulting. I'm enjoying that a lot. That other place could take lessons. :smile:

Sorry, Tico :) I'm hoping your thread won't be locked permanently, but if it is, take it up with BBB and blatham LOL (aka 'the Toddler crowd).

AlbqOwl - difference is most likely who's drinking all that KoolAid :)

Back
Top Bottom