• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Greetings----I'm a newbie

I clicked on A2K a few minutes ago and got the following on my screen:

"Your access to the forum has been denied.
It is possible that you have received this message in error (ISPs that are the source of abuse are sometimes temporarily banned until the abuse is controlled. This sometimes affects more than just the abusive persons).
It is also possible that you were denied access because of an action on your part.
The suspension of access might be temporary so please contact abuse@able2know.com and remember to include your Able2Know.com username.
Sometimes banning is put in place to request that you enter contact with moderators for various reasons and for the most part bans are not lifted before the member does so.
Attempts to circumvent a banning constitute unauthorized access of our servers and may result in legal action if appropriate."

LOL...looks like I've been "banned" :)

So THIS is the way it is.....

Debate Politics feels so USED!!!!!:doh

BTW - 10 minute time limit on editing...

As nearly as I can figure out, there is a 3 minute limit in which you can do edits and your post still looks pristine new. The edits work just like that other place but when you click on 'save' it is almost instant - no long wait waiting to see if the edit too.

Then as CNRedd said, there is a 10-limit on editing period and then the edit button goes away. (After 3 minutes, there is a message that an edit wasdone.) While sometimes I would like to go back and add to or edit a previous post, that in a way is a good thing I think. Prevents hit and hide posting.

Oh and CNRedd is just teasing I think. I've already figured out he's one of the good ones here. :smile:

AlbqOwl said:
As nearly as I can figure out, there is a 3 minute limit in which you can do edits and your post still looks pristine new. The edits work just like that other place but when you click on 'save' it is almost instant - no long wait waiting to see if the edit too.

Then as CNRedd said, there is a 10-limit on editing period and then the edit button goes away. (After 3 minutes, there is a message that an edit wasdone.) While sometimes I would like to go back and add to or edit a previous post, that in a way is a good thing I think. Prevents hit and hide posting.

Oh and CNRedd is just teasing I think. I've already figured out he's one of the good ones here. :smile:

It also prevents someone calling you on what you said, and you going back and changing your original stance.

Thanks Owl...I'm gonna need you to say that into the tape recoder!:2wave:

You're quite welcome CNRedd. And get to know the other newbies on this thread. They're all good people too, great debaters, and enjoy a good spirited discussion.

LOL.....about all the threads on A2K being locked.......you don't suppose the Left wing Whackos have started eating their young?

cnredd said:
So THIS is the way it is.....

Debate Politics feels so USED!!!!!:doh

BTW - 10 minute time limit on editing...

Hahahahaha...I joined here before I was banned from that "other" place :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on the edit info.

Ticomaya said:
Wow, JW ... wonder why? Please try and find out.

:lol: Thanks, cnredd.

They said it's a big "no-no" to refer to deleted posts or actions of the Mods.

I is guilty LOL.

So is that old bag, but she didn't get banned, I betcha!

If I promise to be a good little girl and not talk about the deleted posts, then they "may" unban me LOL.

Yeah - like my posts were against TOS LOL!:roll:

hawk2 said:
LOL.....about all the threads on A2K being locked.......you don't suppose the Left wing Whackos have started eating their young?

Appears so :)

'Tis the beginning of the revolution when that happens LOL....so they say :smile:

JustWonders said:
They said it's a big "no-no" to refer to deleted posts or actions of the Mods.

I is guilty LOL.
:roll: That's it?

If I promise to be a good little girl and not talk about the deleted posts, then they "may" unban me LOL.

Yeah - like my posts were against TOS LOL!
Right ... and those whose posts were against TOS won't be suspended. :roll:

Ticomaya said:
:roll: That's it?

Right ... and those whose posts were against TOS won't be suspended. :roll:

Tico, I still can't believe it LOL. Of course, I would challenge anyone to go through every single one of my posts to find anything even remotely exhibiting vulgarity or attacks on other members. I'd bet the ranch on not being able to find one itty-bitty example. LOL! Have you seen the names I've been called? I knew I was hated for my politics, but honestly, those people have the mentalities of toddlers. Wait...all the toddlers I've been around actually have more self-discipline LOL. (Apologies to toddlers everywhere).

Hey!!! You're a Libra!! Me, too! Oct. 3rd. (We're so balanced, :2razz: )

AlbqOwl said:
You're quite welcome CNRedd. And get to know the other newbies on this thread. They're all good people too, great debaters, and enjoy a good spirited discussion.

I just saw this post :smile:

((((((((AlbqOwl))))))))))

JustWonders said:
Tico, I still can't believe it LOL. Of course, I would challenge anyone to go through every single one of my posts to find anything even remotely exhibiting vulgarity or attacks on other members. I'd bet the ranch on not being able to find one itty-bitty example. LOL! Have you seen the names I've been called?
Yes, of course I have ... and you've always shown good restrain in not taking the bait and getting angry. I'm typing out a note to the moderators right not, expressing my concern over you getting suspended, and not other certain liberal posters.

Did Lash get suspended also?

Hey!!! You're a Libra!! Me, too! Oct. 3rd. (We're so balanced, :2razz: )
Libra's rule!

In the past couple of weeks, Rayban, Lash, and JW were all suspended (though Lash has been reinstated) and each for nothing that violated TOS except possibly in the most mild and non offensive way and not even remotely approximating the blatant offenses of the people who no doubt reported them. In the exchange that got JW banned, the other member made three rapid explicit ad hominem attacks on JW by name, all blatantly violations of TOS, and, when the thread was locked, continued her diatribe on another thread which was then locked. I found nothing JW did that violated any rule or was inflammatory except she did refer twice to a deleted post without mentioning any name. All the offensive posts of that other member have now been deleted and JW is banned. A cruel and hateful personal attack on JW by another member has also been deleted and both continued to post yesterday and are posting today. I have experienced very personally directed and unprovoked attacks from those same members and others on more than one occasion.

That's the primary reason I am spending most of my limited time here these days.

DebatePolitics has no 'report buttons' and seems to be pretty free wheeling and permissive and there are some hot heads and numbnuts here, yet the tone of debate here is far superior to the majority of that in the other place. I suspect the rules here are enforced evenhandedly.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like they have no idea what is going on? :lol:

Hi to everyone new :2wave: sorry I'm late.

We do have a report button. It's the triangle with an exclamation point beneath your avatar. You know, just in case you were wondering...

Ah okay Kelzie, and thanks. If this feels like an invasion, no worries. We're all perfectly harmless. :smile: We just all got acquainted and became friends on another site and as it worked out, we wound up together here.

So that's what that little triangle thingie is for. I have had zero reason to need one, but I guess you never know. Appreciate the welcome.

AlbqOwl said:
Ah okay Kelzie, and thanks. If this feels like an invasion, no worries. We're all perfectly harmless. :smile: We just all got acquainted and became friends on another site and as it worked out, we wound up together here.

So that's what that little triangle thingie is for. I have had zero reason to need one, but I guess you never know. Appreciate the welcome.

That would be because our site is the coolest. ;)

Oh you'll need it. Have you met cnredd yet? Nastly little devil. I report at least five of his posts a day. Drives the mods nuts.

Oh wait. I'm a mod...:mrgreen:

Kelzie said:
That would be because our site is the coolest. ;)

Oh you'll need it. Have you met cnredd yet? Nastly little devil. I report at least five of his posts a day. Drives the mods nuts.

Oh wait. I'm a mod...:mrgreen:

Oh geez. If CNRedd is a problem, you're really going to hate me. :smile:

AlbqOwl said:
Oh geez. If CNRedd is a problem, you're really going to hate me. :smile:

No, it's just cnredd. I'm just biding my time until I can rally all the members and chase after him with torches and pitchforks.

:lol: Kidding. He's one of my faves.

Back
Top Bottom