• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greetings from Texas

LuckyDan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Now that I've posted a few times it occurred to me I should introduce myself.

I'm conservative politically. I enjoy reading and posting on the nets. I like boards with a good mix of people and a variety of topics to post about.

This place looks fun. Looking forward to it.

Welcome neighbor.:2wave:

Welcome to DP! :2wave:

...is it true you guys really deep fry soda?

No, but there is a new trend in Texas, for them that don't care about cholesterol or a lengthy life span. Chicken Fried Bacon. I kid you not. No word yet on if Sodolak's has installed a defibrillator on premises.

YouTube- Chicken Fried Bacon

Last edited:
welcome.jpg

Glad you're here!

What's soda? Baking soda?

Or do you mean Coke? Everything's a Coke in Texas. But there are many different kinds of cokes. There's your root beer Coke. Your Dr. Pepper Coke.

What's soda? Baking soda?

Or do you mean Coke? Everything's a Coke in Texas. But there are many different kinds of cokes. There's your root beer Coke. Your Dr. Pepper Coke.
Nope, real ****-mothering soda
The Apex of American Ingenuity- Fried Soda

"So just how do we achieve the impossible- frying that which is not solid? We owe the ingenious solution to Abel Gonzales , a 36-year-old computer analyst from the state where everything (including the tension on elastic waistbands) is bigger- Texas. Gonzales concocted his bewitching balls of batter from a combination of Coca-Cola syrup, strawberry syrup, and the solid matrix that makes deep-fried liquid a glorious reality- a strawberry. Plunged into the fryer, the syrupy strawberries emerge in all their ping-pong-sized, spherical splendor where they are heaped into in a cup and doused in All-American accoutrements that include even more Coca-Cola syrup, whipped cream, and cinnamon. This, of course, is topped off with none other than the iconic maraschino cherry and voila- the perfect addition to our robust family of sugar-saturated, State fair snacks."

Only in Texas. :roll:

Gonzales concocted his bewitching balls of batter from a combination of Coca-Cola syrup, strawberry syrup, and the solid matrix that makes deep-fried liquid a glorious reality- a strawberry. Plunged into the fryer, the syrupy strawberries emerge in all their ping-pong-sized, spherical splendor where they are heaped into in a cup and doused in All-American accoutrements that include even more Coca-Cola syrup

Like I said. Coke. Soda has a whole 'nuther meaning in Texas.

When I was in Ohio, everything was "pop."

Last edited:
Nope, real ****-mothering soda
The Apex of American Ingenuity- Fried Soda

"So just how do we achieve the impossible- frying that which is not solid? We owe the ingenious solution to Abel Gonzales , a 36-year-old computer analyst from the state where everything (including the tension on elastic waistbands) is bigger- Texas. Gonzales concocted his bewitching balls of batter from a combination of Coca-Cola syrup, strawberry syrup, and the solid matrix that makes deep-fried liquid a glorious reality- a strawberry. Plunged into the fryer, the syrupy strawberries emerge in all their ping-pong-sized, spherical splendor where they are heaped into in a cup and doused in All-American accoutrements that include even more Coca-Cola syrup, whipped cream, and cinnamon. This, of course, is topped off with none other than the iconic maraschino cherry and voila- the perfect addition to our robust family of sugar-saturated, State fair snacks."

Jesus Christ!! :shock: i know you can buy some strange things in America, but a heart attack in a cup??

Jesus Christ!! :shock: i know you can buy some strange things in America, but a heart attack in a cup??

I have yet to see a store that sells vests with sleeves yet. Not even in Texas.

Hello and welcome, friend! =)

So you're from Texas? I was told Texans are for America about the same as Bavarians are to us Germans. A bit weird, a bit conservative, but usually well-meaning. :)

Anyway, nice to meet you! :)

Back
Top Bottom