• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greetings from Germany

Did you hear how Trump treats her? News reports came in this week that shocked people here. They say he is extremly rude and agressive towards her in calls. Even caleld her stupid and a slave of Russia. They say merkel stays calm during his rants and insults and counters with facts. Because Trumps agressive behavior Merkel limited the number of people who are present during her calls with Trump.

There is virtually almost no contact between Germany and US governments. They say Merkel had no contact with trump since months, which is a novum, normally a german chancellor and american president caleld at least once a week.

Merkel is a master in silent counter attack though. By ignoreing his rants, she makes him boil. And when he planned G7 meeting, he wanted the head of states in Wahsington, to play normal. Merkel denied a visit and said Corona doesnt allow it. This busted Trumps plans and in last days he threw insults and "punishment meassures against Germany. But mostly hurts his own country with it. Its a sad show...

It looks like Merkel hopes Trump is history by November and mostly ignores him now.

Of course --I've seen how Trump disrespects her, and all women that are powerful, like he did Theresa May. His misogyny was out in plain view and it was embarrassing to watch. I felt so badly for her the way he treated her and she's about ten billion times smarter and more experienced.

I even went to her twitter account to apologize on behalf of all women in the US. LOL! I really did.

One picture speaks 1,000 words. Welcoming Putin to Paris.
1541989665-trumpinparis-960x600.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

i`m from Rostock, which is a city in northern Germany. My job is in the security branch and with relations between Germany and USA drifting more and more in the negative i looked if i can find a forum
where i can exchange some info and point of views.

Beside politics my main interest is sports, tech and nature.

Welcome! :)

Did you hear how Trump treats her? News reports came in this week that shocked people here. They say he is extremly rude and agressive towards her in calls. Even caleld her stupid and a slave of Russia. They say merkel stays calm during his rants and insults and counters with facts. Because Trumps agressive behavior Merkel limited the number of people who are present during her calls with Trump.

There is virtually almost no contact between Germany and US governments. They say Merkel had no contact with trump since months, which is a novum, normally a german chancellor and american president caleld at least once a week.

Merkel is a master in silent counter attack though. By ignoreing his rants, she makes him boil. And when he planned G7 meeting, he wanted the head of states in Wahsington, to play normal. Merkel denied a visit and said Corona doesnt allow it. This busted Trumps plans and in last days he threw insults and "punishment meassures against Germany. But mostly hurts his own country with it. Its a sad show...

It looks like Merkel hopes Trump is history by November and mostly ignores him now.

There has been a lot of untrue things said about Trump. Please don't believe everything you hear. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone tells you what THEY want you to hear.

The fact is, though, Trump is trying to change the relationship between the US and the entire world. Regarding the EU, in general, and Germany, in particular, the major issue is trade.

Yes, I'm sure Merkel hopes Trump doesn't win a second term, because if he does her job will get much, much harder.

What do you think she will do if he wins?

(I think she'll retire.)

There has been a lot of untrue things said about Trump. Please don't believe everything you hear. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone tells you what THEY want you to hear.

The fact is, though, Trump is trying to change the relationship between the US and the entire world. Regarding the EU, in general, and Germany, in particular, the major issue is trade.

Yes, I'm sure Merkel hopes Trump doesn't win a second term, because if he does her job will get much, much harder.

What do you think she will do if he wins?

(I think she'll retire.)

The way Trump talked with Merkel was confirmed by her own secretary.

As for Trump, he is a stupid and pathetic clown. He doesnt make Merkels job harder, she simply ignores him and does politics with US governors instead.

What Trump wants, is a Germany as vasall state that does bow to him. Germany doesnt do that and thats his problem. What he is scucessful at is isolating USA globally.

As for trade, thats another issue that is so complex that he doesnt understand. What does he exactly want from Germany? American cars are unpopular here. Does he want force us to buy amerucan cars even so they dont offer what Germans want? What happend to free market?

The only thing he achieved is, that Germany doesnt see USA as reliable partner anymore and as hostile.

Merkels main strategy against Trump is total ignoring him. She showed that very well at his ambassador Grenell here. No invitations, no meetings, no reaction to anything. I assume that will continue. She even travels Washington without meeting Trump, an absolute novum, that a nations leader travels to a foreign country without meeting the local leader.

And it appears her strategy works well. It drove Grenell mad and Trump as well. Her declining his G7 invitation brought Trump close to a stroke, considering his idiotic reactions that followed.

The way Trump talked with Merkel was confirmed by her own secretary.

As for Trump, he is a stupid and pathetic clown. He doesnt make Merkels job harder, she simply ignores him and does politics with US governors instead.

What Trump wants, is a Germany as vasall state that does bow to him. Germany doesnt do that and thats his problem. What he is scucessful at is isolating USA globally.

As for trade, thats another issue that is so complex that he doesnt understand. What does he exactly want from Germany? American cars are unpopular here. Does he want force us to buy amerucan cars even so they dont offer what Germans want? What happend to free market?

The only thing he achieved is, that Germany doesnt see USA as reliable partner anymore and as hostile.

Merkels main strategy against Trump is total ignoring him. She showed that very well at his ambassador Grenell here. No invitations, no meetings, no reaction to anything. I assume that will continue. She even travels Washington without meeting Trump, an absolute novum, that a nations leader travels to a foreign country without meeting the local leader.

And it appears her strategy works well. It drove Grenell mad and Trump as well. Her declining his G7 invitation brought Trump close to a stroke, considering his idiotic reactions that followed.

China found out very early on that ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. Merkel would be wise to understand this.

If you want to know what Trump wants from the EU, you should download and read the statement our US Trade Representative made before our Senate recently. He detailed many actions that have been, are being and will be taken...many of which involve the EU. You can download that statement here: The United States Senate Committee on Finance

I won't respond to your personal opinion about Trump. I suspect it is influenced by those who are opposed to his US trade policy. A lot of people...you included...seem to think calling him names, speaking badly about him and lying about him will justify your opposition to his actions. It won't. Your leaders will STILL have to deal with him.

Hi Rostocker, welcome to the forum! :2wave:

China found out very early on that ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. Merkel would be wise to understand this.

If you want to know what Trump wants from the EU, you should download and read the statement our US Trade Representative made before our Senate recently. He detailed many actions that have been, are being and will be taken...many of which involve the EU. You can download that statement here: The United States Senate Committee on Finance

I won't respond to your personal opinion about Trump. I suspect it is influenced by those who are opposed to his US trade policy. A lot of people...you included...seem to think calling him names, speaking badly about him and lying about him will justify your opposition to his actions. It won't. Your leaders will STILL have to deal with him.

China showed very openly, that reacting to Trump or bowing down doesnt achieve anything. Merkel so far is quite sucessfull. She ignores evrything Trump demands and does deal directly with US governors. She chose to strike back when USA issue hostile tariffs and does so with surgical effects. When USA issued a tariff on steel produced in Germany, Merkel pushed the EU to install counter tarifs on same hight, targeting only products made in US states that are Trumps voter bases. Which worked very well.

The effect is, that during Trumps government, the german trade deficit did grow even further and reached new records.

Your link shows clearly, that your government doesnt understand how things work in Germany. It lists the lifting of a ban against import of hormone based beef.

People in Germany dont eat that stuff. Its same as GMO and your chlorine chicken. Your stuff is marked as made in USA. Media report how its produced. The tariff can go down zero, people still wont buy it. Its same concession EU commissioner Juncker gave Trump to buy US soy. It was easy to say, because Juncker holds no power over that. He has no power to say EU nations buy lre US soy. Not a single ton was bought, but Trump was happy to get some empty words.

Germany has decided not to bow to blackmail and to react with Force when we are forced to do so. And i believe thats the way to go.

Germany banned american weapon producers from participating in state contracts and even excludes german producers who cant guarantee that no american made parts are installed. Germany dismissed buying F-35, openly calling it a flawed design.

In effect the government in Germany is in the positive position, that Trumps actions have made the majority in Germany to become anti american, this means, that tariffs can be put to zero and still nobody here would buy an american car.

So considering that rebuffing Trump gains voter support in Germany and the current strategy of Merkel to ignore Trumps rants and issue counter attacks when needed gains her so much popularity, i doubt she will change her strategy.

Her strategy js based on her life in eastern Germany. She knows very well that bowing to a tyrant even once will make Germany a vasall state. We have no interest to be unfree and a vasall state.

Back
Top Bottom