• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greetings from Germany

Rostocker

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hello,

i`m from Rostock, which is a city in northern Germany. My job is in the security branch and with relations between Germany and USA drifting more and more in the negative i looked if i can find a forum
where i can exchange some info and point of views.

Beside politics my main interest is sports, tech and nature.

Welcome to DP!

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Welcome, from battle ground Baltimore Md. Duck!!:peace

Hello,

i`m from Rostock, which is a city in northern Germany. My job is in the security branch and with relations between Germany and USA drifting more and more in the negative i looked if i can find a forum

Welcome to DP

Too bad your country wasn't run by a dictator. If it was then relations would be improving.

Wilkommen!

Hello,

Howdy Doody, Rostocker!!

Back in the 80's, I lived in Bremerhaven for six years. I left just after East Germany...and your city...were freed from the Soviets.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello,

Welcome to Debatepolitics.com. I hope you enjoy your time here Rostocker. :)

Hello,

Welcome to the forums

Hello,

Welcome. Would you mind terribly if the US borrow Angela Merkel for a year or two?

Hello,

Welcome, although when I first saw your username, I thought it said "Rockstar."

I thought maybe Nickelback had joined or something.

Howdy Doody, Rostocker!!

Back in the 80's, I lived in Bremerhaven for six years. I left just after East Germany...and your city...were freed from the Soviets.

Welcome to the forum!

I was not born then yet (hope my english is correct). Bremerhaven is not that far from Rostock but more westwards at the North Sea, Rostock is at the Baltic Sea.

What did you do in Bremerhaven?

Welcome, although when I first saw your username, I thought it said "Rockstar."

I thought maybe Nickelback had joined or something.

Rostock is a city in Germany. Im from that city. In Germany the inhabitants of a city are called the citeis anme with an "er" behind it. Rostocker, Berliner, Münchner ect.

Hello,

The US and Germany will always be allies. We just need to put the trash out to the curb.

Welcome. Would you mind terribly if the US borrow Angela Merkel for a year or two?

I dont know, she is in her 4th term now, next year we have elections and she said she want retire, but given her high popularity who knows, maybe she runs for a 5th term.

She gained alot of respect in the way how she steered Germany through this pandemic

Rostock is a city in Germany. Im from that city. In Germany the inhabitants of a city are called the citeis anme with an "er" behind it. Rostocker, Berliner, Münchner ect.

Yeah I was just goofing around. I really saw "rockstar" when I first looked at it, but either way ----

Welcome. :)

I dont know, she is in her 4th term now, next year we have elections and she said she want retire, but given her high popularity who knows, maybe she runs for a 5th term.

She gained alot of respect in the way how she steered Germany through this pandemic

As an outsider, I have had a lot of admiration for Merkel long before the pandemic. I think she's awesome. It takes a person that was born into a communist country to understand and appreciate democracy.

Years ago the missus and I rented an auto in Copenhagen, drove south and caught the ferry from Denmark to Puttgarden, From there we drove east, stopping in Kiel and Laboe. We followed the Baltic until we arrived in Peenemunde. We toured the old rocket base and drove to Poland and finished the drive in Berlin. It’s very nice country up there. Your English is better than my German!

Looking at the map, we drove west first....:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Hello,

Great! Welcome neighbour - the more from our part of the world the better.

As an outsider, I have had a lot of admiration for Merkel long before the pandemic. I think she's awesome. It takes a person that was born into a communist country to understand and appreciate democracy.

Did you hear how Trump treats her? News reports came in this week that shocked people here. They say he is extremly rude and agressive towards her in calls. Even caleld her stupid and a slave of Russia. They say merkel stays calm during his rants and insults and counters with facts. Because Trumps agressive behavior Merkel limited the number of people who are present during her calls with Trump.

There is virtually almost no contact between Germany and US governments. They say Merkel had no contact with trump since months, which is a novum, normally a german chancellor and american president caleld at least once a week.

Merkel is a master in silent counter attack though. By ignoreing his rants, she makes him boil. And when he planned G7 meeting, he wanted the head of states in Wahsington, to play normal. Merkel denied a visit and said Corona doesnt allow it. This busted Trumps plans and in last days he threw insults and "punishment meassures against Germany. But mostly hurts his own country with it. Its a sad show...

It looks like Merkel hopes Trump is history by November and mostly ignores him now.

I was not born then yet (hope my english is correct). Bremerhaven is not that far from Rostock but more westwards at the North Sea, Rostock is at the Baltic Sea.

What did you do in Bremerhaven?

I was in the US Army. I worked at the NATO port facility there.

Back
Top Bottom