• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greenland Soars to its Highest Temperature Ever Recorded, almost 80° F.

mbig

onomatopoeic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What was that about little atlanta?
Hot Greenland has consequences too.
and this, like Austria, is an ALL time High.

EDIT: Although they are now saying it may Not be all time, just second highest Ever.

Greenland soars to its highest temperature ever recorded, almost 80 degrees F.
By Jason Samenow, Published: August 1 at 1:47 pmE-mail the writer
Update, August 12, 12:15 p.m.: This record may NOT be legitimate and is under review. See related post: Greenland may not have recorded its highest summer temperature
From August 1, 1:47 p.m.: The Danish Meteorological Institute is reporting that on Tuesday, July 30, the mercury rose to 25.9 C (78.6 F) at a station in Greenland, the highest temperature measured in the Arctic country since records began in 1958.
The balmy reading was logged at the observing station Maniitsoq / Sugar Loaf, which is on Greenland’s southwest coast, the DMI reports. It exceeded the 25.5 C (77.9 F)

Last edited:
This one, as I said, is really an important one for obvious reasons,.
Drip... Drip.

This one, as I said, is really an important one for obvious reasons,.
Drip... Drip.

Well, luckily, one of our own posters just proved that its not CO2's fault by doing simple math on his LeapFrog calculator.

So we are good, no matter what the scientists say.

What was that about little atlanta?
Hot Greenland has consequences too.
and this, like Austria, is an ALL time High.

EDIT: Although they are now saying it may Not be all time, just second highest Ever.

Greenland soars to its highest temperature ever recorded, almost 80 degrees F.
By Jason Samenow, Published: August 1 at 1:47 pmE-mail the writer

Too bad it's not.
[h=2]How not to measure temperature – Part 94 – Maniitsoq, Greenland all time high temperature rescinded?[/h] Posted on August 10, 2013 by Anthony Watts
UPDATE: 7/12/13 1045 PDT DMI concedes the record may not be valid, see here I’ve been working on this one for a week, and I finally confirmed my hunch about where the weather station is located. The story begins with … Continue reading →

I'll bet they are having snow melting faster each year because of BC as well.

What a gloomy place: Google map

Looks like they have a quarry, I saw a mine, maybe two. Airport, houses, fishing, and a huge open garbage.

I wonder if their temperature monitoring box is the white square at the SW corner of the airport building?

They are also near the Arctic Circle and probably getting 20 plus hours a day sunlight at the end of July, against what looks like basalt.

They are having snow melting every year, and increasingly quickly because of warming. AGW warming and in this case aided by AGW soot.
Drip, Drip.
And I believe Greenland alone would raise seal level 8 feet it melted completely.
Pretty Catastrophic.

Last edited:
They are having snow melting every year, and increasingly quickly because of warming. AGW warming and in this case aided by AGW soot.
Drip, Drip.
And I believe Greenland alone would raise seal level 8 feet it melted completely.
Pretty Catastrophic.

Complete nonsense.:lol::roll:

You Understand how DEBATEpolitics works?
Tell us WHICH claims are wrong/'nonsense', Why, and/or by How much.
You're up!

You Understand how DEBATEpolitics works?
Tell us WHICH claims are wrong/'nonsense', Why, and/or by How much.
You're up!

The entire post was fantasy. Because there's no reality to it, there's nothing to debate against.

The entire post was fantasy. Because there's no reality to it, there's nothing to debate against.
IOW, and as I knew, you cannot defend ANY of your BS Statement.
You PATHETICALLY can't even defend your Own 'IQ' string either ...while I can!

What a waste of bandwidth your posts are.

PS: I was wrong in UNDERestimating what Greenland alone losing it's ice/melting would do at 8 feet: it's Much Worse... between 20 and 23 FEET.
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs2-00/
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Greenland/greenland_sidebar.php

The Biggest Meltdown on the planet though, is Jack Hays' posts.

Last edited:
IOW, and as I knew, you cannot defend ANY of your BS Statement.
You PATHETICALLY can't even defend your Own 'IQ' string either ...while I can!

What a waste of bandwidth your posts are.

PS: I was wrong in UNDERestimating what Greenland alone losing it's ice/melting would do at 8 feet: it's Much Worse... between 20 and 23 FEET.
Fact Sheet fs002-00: Sea Level and Climate
Greenland's Ice Island Alarm : Feature Articles

The Biggest Meltdown on the planet though, is Jack Hays' posts.

[h=2]Great News from Greenland[/h] Posted on July 3, 2013 by Guest Blogger
Guest essay by Dr. Patrick J. Michaels I recently returned from a trip to Greenland’s Jokabshavn Glacier, which discharges more ice than any other in the Northern Hemisphere. Our route of flight from Reykjavik traversed the ice cap from about … Continue reading →:mrgreen:

[h=2]Great News from Greenland[/h] Posted on July 3, 2013 by Guest Blogger
Guest essay by Dr. Patrick J. Michaels I recently returned from a trip to Greenland’s Jokabshavn Glacier, which discharges more ice than any other in the Northern Hemisphere. Our route of flight from Reykjavik traversed the ice cap from about … Continue reading →:mrgreen:
And how does that Silly anecdote make my All/ANY of my claims (such as the 'sea level rise if it all melted') into "nonsense"?

Your posts are Clownish and gratuitous last-wording.
INcoherent travelogue.

Last edited:
And how does that Silly anecdote make my All/ANY of my claims (such as the 'sea level rise if it all melted') into "nonsense"?

Your posts are Clownish and gratuitous last-wording.
INcoherent travelogue.

If, like ex-NASA employee James Hansen, you think that global warming is going to drown us all by melting almost all of Greenland “in a hundred years” (Hansen’s words), perhaps you should try another apocalypse. According to the chart shown in Dahl-Jensen’s paper, the entire 6,000-year period averaged about 6°C warmer than the last 1000 years.

The integrated heating in this region during the Eemian maximum appears therefore to be approximately 36,000 degree-years (temperature change multiplied by time).

Climate models for the future show an annual warming of about 3°C over northwestern Greenland by around 2100, or 300 degree-years. At that rate, it would take 12,000 years to just get rid of about one-eighth of the ice in this core, or about 96,000 years to lose all of it. (That’s impossible because another ice age will have intervened.)

Drip, Drip.
Pretty Catastrophic.
STILL waiting Jack.
How are they "Complete Nonsense"?

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

See if you can answer without bizarro/Dr Strangelove off-debate Link Dumps/Strawmen to cover the fact you can't answer.

Last edited:
STILL waiting Jack.
How are they "Complete Nonsense"?

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

See if you can answer without bizarro/Dr Strangelove off-debate Link Dumps/Strawmen to cover the fact you can't answer.

Apparently you posted before reading my #13.

Apparently you posted before reading my #13.
Duh No.
I QUOTED your #13.
Duh.

I'm still waiting for you to show Precisely WHICH claims I made were "nonsense" and Why.
Please quote those claims/exact wordage
(to be accurate for a change) when doing so.
Travelogues and other Link Dumps Not pertaining to my Precise Claims are Desperate Deflections.

Last edited:
Duh No.
I QUOTED your #13.
Duh.

I'm still waiting for you to show Precisely WHICH claims I made were "nonsense" and Why.
Please quote those claims/wordage (to be accurate for a change) when doing so.
Travelogues and other Link Dumps not pertaining to my Precise Claims are Desperate Deflections.

There is not and will not be a catastrophic Greenland ice melt.

There is not and will not be a catastrophic Greenland ice melt.
So you've been LYING.
You are now ONLY refering to my last sentence or two.
You said it was complete nonsense/all laughable.

mbig that Jack Hays LIED were "complete nonsense" said:

Drip, Drip.
And I believe Greenland alone would raise seal level 8 feet [if] it melted completely.

Pretty Catastrophic.

So other Claims, such as that it IS melting and at an INCREASING Rate, are UNTOUCHED: Not "nonsense".

And the claim in question, that IF Greenland Melted it would cause an 8 foot rise (Actually corrected by me to 23 Feet) Would indeed be "Pretty Catastrophic" is Absolutely TRUE.
And in fact even if it lost only ¼ it's volume and Sea Level rose 6 feet because of it any time in a century, it would not only be "pretty catastrophic", it would be outright 'Catastrophic'.
And you, of course, have No proof we Won't have a catastrophic melt in the next century.

Last edited:
So you've been LYING.
You are now ONLY refering to my last sentence or two.
You said it was complete nonsense/all laughable.

So other Claims, such as that it IS melting and at an INCREASING Rate, are UNTOUCHED: Not "nonsense".

And the claim in question, that IF Greenland Melted it would cause an 8 foot rise (Actually corrected by me to 23 Feet) Would indeed be "Pretty Catastrophic" is Absolutely TRUE.
And in fact even if it lost only ¼ it's volume and Sea Level rose 6 feet because of it any time in a century, it would not only be "pretty catastrophic", it would be outright 'Catastrophic'.
And you, of course, have No proof we Won't have a catastrophic melt in the next century.

I don't have to have proof. I don't claim anything is going to happen, and even you must know that it's impossible to prove a negative. You're the one with the big claims, so we await your big proof.

I don't have to have proof. I don't claim anything is going to happen, and even you must know that it's impossible to prove a negative. You're the one with the big claims, so we await your big proof.
So it ends with you NOT being able to show ANYTHING I Posted was "nonsense", much less "complete nonsense".
You were egregiously wrong and/or Lying.

So it ends with you NOT being able to show ANYTHING I Posted was "nonsense", much less "complete nonsense".
You were egregiously wrong and/or Lying.

Hardly. Your post was nonsense, and you can't show otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom