• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Green Tea

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've always been a fan of Tea, but lately I've started to drink Green Tea everyday many times a day, I've found my mood has picked up considerably, and I'm alot sharper than I was before my better diet and green tea regimen :mrgreen:

But I can't help but feel the brand name Green Tea I picked up isn't as strong or isn't as good for me as proper green tea would be... can anyone suggest a brand, or way to get proper green tea so I can wreap the rewards of my new found healthy addiction.

BTW if you don't drink Green Tea... Start.

:2wave:

I've always been a fan of Twinning's Jasmine Green Tea but I hear great things about Adagio.

I love Teavana teas - they're mighty tasty. Teavana | Buy Tea Online: Green tea, Oolong tea, Black tea, White tea, Herbal tea and more!

I like the fruit-flavors - Mandarine Orange, Arcadian Apple, Raspberry Soire

Part of the reason why they're so good is that it's all loose-leaf. You brew it yourself - I feel that the process to store/ship/dice/package a good tea really ruins the flavor and strength.

It's like the difference between fresh or dried herbs and coffee and so on - fresh is always best.

Try the Roobios, too - and the Mate tea, as well . . . try a bit of everything, it's all yum! :)

Last edited:
I drink pre-mixed green tea. Lipton Juicy Peach Brisk Green Tea, to be specific. I've found that fresh-brewed teas spoil too quickly in my beverage jug.

If you drink already brewed green tea from the store, make sure it doesn't use high fructose corn syrup as a sweetener. It's not very "fit" if it does.

I invented my own type of tea that I drink.

I didn't know what to name it, so I decided to relax and screw my girlfriend. Then she gave me an idea about what to call it. I take off my pants and she says "ooooooo...long". Thus, the creation of my invention - oolong tea.

Tastes great and fills you up. The tea's pretty good too.

If you drink already brewed green tea from the store, make sure it doesn't use high fructose corn syrup as a sweetener. It's not very "fit" if it does.

It's zero calorie, so I assume there's some kind of artificial sweetener in it. Whatever it is, it doesn't decay at room temperature the way the artificial sweeteners in diet sodas do, so I'm hoping it's one of the newer, healthier sweeteners.

It's zero calorie, so I assume there's some kind of artificial sweetener in it. Whatever it is, it doesn't decay at room temperature the way the artificial sweeteners in diet sodas do, so I'm hoping it's one of the newer, healthier sweeteners.

Okay. I'm just saying that the green tea drinks out there may not be as healthy as advertised, and consumers should check the ingredients to make sure. There was some kind of green tea out there that I got a jug of, and it was so thick with HFCS that I couldn't stomach it.

I've always been a fan of Tea, but lately I've started to drink Green Tea everyday many times a day, I've found my mood has picked up considerably, and I'm alot sharper than I was before my better diet and green tea regimen :mrgreen:

But I can't help but feel the brand name Green Tea I picked up isn't as strong or isn't as good for me as proper green tea would be... can anyone suggest a brand, or way to get proper green tea so I can wreap the rewards of my new found healthy addiction.

BTW if you don't drink Green Tea... Start.

:2wave:

Have you tried Vitamin D? It's really important, esp for those of us in the Northern, cloudier climes.

I had my levels tested last year and they were low. I swear everything is better now that I'm taking these supplements.

Okay. I'm just saying that the green tea drinks out there may not be as healthy as advertised, and consumers should check the ingredients to make sure. There was some kind of green tea out there that I got a jug of, and it was so thick with HFCS that I couldn't stomach it.

Yeah. I'm watching calories like a hawk since I've gained forty pounds this year-- a combination of spending too much time at the computer and my latest round of mood-stabilizing medication. I'm trying to get back under 200.

Back
Top Bottom