• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

green mower

I have an electric but am seriously considering this.

Only have a half acre and can probably get it one in under an hour.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369802108.994810.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369802108.994810.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 20
my mother-in-law had one of those (I think it's still somewhere in my garage) but her entire lawn was the size of a postage stamp. My "yard" is nearly 3 acres. It would take me a couple of days to mow the lawn using one of those.

As long as you are not a C02 freak I have no problem with you using a gas mower or even an f250 diesel 4x4 with a huge mower mounted to it.:lol: 3 acres sounds like you need one of those big ass mowers you pull behind an a ATV or a tractor even.

But it's not gasoline (oil), which is what I care about, and it's treated a LOT better than anything coming out of a gas mower, which doesn't even have a catalytic converter like cars do. An electric does exactly what I want it to do, uses no oil and reduces the toxins we emit. I don't give a crap about CO2.[/QUOTE]

Suddenly you are not a warmer, not a believer in AGW?

Dude - the article you cited specifically stated most of the carbon footprint from electrics came from their production (carbon) "cost" and most of that is from the battery. My mower doesn't use a battery.

You asked him to show you that an elec car has the same carbon foot print as a gas car, he showed you so STFU and quit whining like a little girl.

Not an insult just an observation. If you are not the same person you are maybe on the same meds. I know a guy on anti depressants and when he over medicates he gets just like you and deuce, he starts rambling weird stuff nobody but him understands. He's a good friend and when he gets that way I say "Joe, adjust your meds, you're off the rails".

I'm sorry. I promise in the future I'll use smaller words for you.

Yeah - my blender and my mower are just paperweights.

without a power source...they are. :laughat:

They were directly comparing the carbon emitted from electricity production to the carbon emitted for gasoline on a mile by mile basis. Electrics emit about half the carbon that gasoline does.

again...only if you discount the carbon emitted by generating the electricity.

seriously dude...it's not that difficult of a concept.

As long as you are not a C02 freak I have no problem with you using a gas mower or even an f250 diesel 4x4 with a huge mower mounted to it.:lol: 3 acres sounds like you need one of those big ass mowers you pull behind an a ATV or a tractor even.

DR power mower with a 5' deck, pulled behind an old cub cadet mower with the deck removed.

Push mower eliminates it altogether, why are you too lazy to walk the walk?
Not that it's any of your business but it has nothing to do with being lazy.

By his screwed up reasoning your mower has a carbon footprint, too. It's not 100% carbon free - but it is drastically reduced from a gasoline mower.

Last edited:
Suddenly you are not a warmer, not a believer in AGW?
There's nothing "sudden" about anything - we've been through this before. Would you like me to look up our last conversation on this topic where I said the same thing? Man, your memory is shorter than a woman's penis.

Last edited:
You asked him to show you that an elec car has the same carbon foot print as a gas car, he showed you so STFU and quit whining like a little girl.
And that request was in direct response to his claim that "using "electric" [mower] does not in and of itself reduce the carbon footprint". Since I was pretty sure no studies existed on electric mowers, I asked for information in electric cars. With his own reference I showed that electric cars, mile for mile, have a reduced carbon footprint over gasoline - except for the battery, which my electric mower doesn't have. In other words, it's about half what a gasoline mower would use and more important to me, it's virtually zero gasoline/oil.

I know, if you couldn't bitch about something while pretending moral superiority it just wouldn't be a good day for you. :lol:

Last edited:
again...only if you discount the carbon emitted by generating the electricity.

seriously dude...it's not that difficult of a concept.
That WAS the carbon emissions from producing the electricity compared to the carbon emitted by gasoline. It's really sad you have such a bad reading comprehension problem.

There's nothing "sudden" about anything - we've been through this before. Would you like me to look up our last conversation on this topic where I said the same thing? Man, your memory is shorter than a woman's penis.

Yes you constantly claim not to be a warmer but you also constantly defend warmers, defend the AGW theory and talk :lol:about your carbon foot print. "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck......

Yes you constantly claim not to be a warmer but you also constantly defend warmers, defend the AGW theory and talk :lol:about your carbon foot print. "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck......
You don't talk about your carbon footprint? Than what has this thread been about?!?

As for the rest, I've also pointed out the flaws in AGW - but I understand. You're a NIMBY and one of those "US and Them" people to boot. If I'm not on your side denying science, calling scientists crackpots, and generally buying into the Global Conspiracy Theory then I MUST be a Warmer! LOL! Most people see things in color - you're obviously 50 years out of date and stuck in black & white.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

You don't talk about your carbon footprint? Than what has this thread been about?!?

As for the rest, I've also pointed out the flaws in AGW - but I understand. You're a NIMBY and one of those "US and Them" people to boot. If I'm not on your side denying science, calling scientists crackpots, and generally buying into the Global Conspiracy Theory then I MUST be a Warmer! LOL! Most people see things in color - you're obviously 50 years out of date and stuck in black & white.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

In other words, QUACK. :lol:

In other words, QUACK. :lol:
Plenty of evidence to back up my claim - none to back up yours.

But, hey, what can you expect from someone who truly believes in Global Conspiracy Theories? :lamo

Back
Top Bottom