• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

green mower

So anyway I guess my suspicion has been validated. The warmer crowd won't even make this one little attempt to reduce their carbon foot print which confirms what I have always thought. They are complete hypocrites who live just like those of us who don't buy the AGW theory, they are all talk.

So anyway I guess my suspicion has been validated. The warmer crowd won't even make this one little attempt to reduce their carbon foot print which confirms what I have always thought. They are complete hypocrites who live just like those of us who don't buy the AGW theory, they are all talk.
And if warmers use A/C to avoid heat stroke or death by exposure they're hypocrites. We all saw your other thread, so don't lie. Your arguments along these lines are getting old and tired. We both know you're a NIMBY, which is the worst sort of hypocrite.

And if warmers use A/C to avoid heat stroke or death by exposure they're hypocrites. We all saw your other thread, so don't lie. Your arguments along these lines are getting old and tired. We both know you're a NIMBY, which is the worst sort of hypocrite.

Can't even not use gasoline to mow your little lawn huh, tsk tsk. LMAO

Can't even not use gasoline to mow your little lawn huh, tsk tsk. LMAO
Apparently you missed my post - I don't use gasoline, I use an electric and have for over 15 years. The joke's on you, NIMBY. :lol:

41WNRX5XHAL._SY355_.jpg

I also use an electric weed eater, hand-held shrub trimmers, and a recently acquired electric chain saw. It's not like I have 12" trees to bring down, only 6", but my machete won't work with the trees I'm clearing out now because they're in a fence row with limited access. Otherwise, I use a machete just as I did at work for 25 years. I brought down a couple of 12" trees over the years using a standard one-bladed ax. Surveyors really don't like taking out anything bigger than 6" because people start to complain but these had to go.

Last edited:
Apparently you missed my post - I don't use gasoline, I use an electric and have for over 15 years. :lol: I also use an electric weed eater, hand-held shrub trimmers, and a recently acquired electric chain saw. It's not like I have 12" trees to bring down, only 6", but my machete won't work with the trees I'm clearing out now because they're in a fence row. Otherwise, I use a machete just as I did at work for 25 years.

View attachment 67147778

And where does your electricity come from? Most peoples elec comes from fossil fuel so although you don't personally pour gas into your mower you still use fossil fuel to mow your lawn.

And where does your electricity come from? Most peoples elec comes from fossil fuel so although you don't personally pour gas into your mower you still use fossil fuel to mow your lawn.
Wolf Creek nuclear power plant, mostly, though we do have a wind farm they started building about 5 years ago and we have a couple of dams in Missouri as well. The old coal plants were shut down but we do a have a couple of newer ones. However - as anyone that uses gasoline or Diesel engines should know - none of that is nearly as toxic as car exhaust, which is even less toxic than gas mowers and other small ICE engines. Small ICE engines are the worst polluters in America.

How many small ICE engines do YOU use??? LOL!

Last edited:
Wolf Creek nuclear power plant, mostly, though we do have a wind farm they started building about 5 years ago.

Assuming you are pro nuke ( I am not) then enjoy your elec mower. The fact remains though that most in the warmer crowd mow their lawns with gas mowers or with elec mowers which get their elec from fossil fuel power plants. The fact that they can't make this one small sacrifice to lessen their all important carbon foot print speaks volumes. Besides that manual push mowers are great exercise but on the other hand all that heavy breathing would cause you to exhale nasty C02 in larger than normal volumes so maybe it's a wash. LMAO

Wolf Creek nuclear power plant, mostly, though we do have a wind farm they started building about 5 years ago and we have a couple of dams in Missouri as well. The old coal plants were shut down but we do a have a couple of newer ones. However - as anyone that uses gasoline or Diesel engines should know - none of that is nearly as toxic as car exhaust, which is even less toxic than gas mowers and other small ICE engines. Small ICE engines are the worst polluters in America.

How many small ICE engines do YOU use??? LOL!

Since I don't believe in AGW my use of fossil fuel is irrelevant, I use all I want with a clear conscience and zero hypocrisy.

Assuming you are pro nuke ( I am not) then enjoy your elec mower. The fact remains though that most in the warmer crowd mow their lawns with gas mowers or with elec mowers which get their elec from fossil fuel power plants. The fact that they can't make this one small sacrifice to lessen their all important carbon foot print speaks volumes. Besides that manual push mowers are great exercise but on the other hand all that heavy breathing would cause you to exhale nasty C02 in larger than normal volumes so maybe it's a wash. LMAO
The fossil fuel plants are fading as fast as we can make them go - or getting cleaner so they're acceptable. I don't really have a problem with fossil fuel in general, but I don't think burning oil is an intelligent thing to do. Sadly for you, I'm not a warmer so I could care squat about CO2 emissions - and I'm following exactly what I believe in as much as I can, reducing the amount of oil I use.

But even if I was a warmer it wouldn't matter, I can't push a hand mower anymore. I have trouble pushing the electric and twisting around to use the chain saw.

Last edited:
Since I don't believe in AGW my use of fossil fuel is irrelevant, I use all I want with a clear conscience and zero hypocrisy.
It's not the fossil fuel and it's CO2, it's the toxins that go with it. You think breathing mercury is a good idea? If not, you should stop using electricity from old coal plants. How about those sulfates that come out of Diesel exhaust pipes? Good for the environment, right? Old car engines and their nitrate emissions are almost as bad. Nothing like a little nitric acid falling on your neighbor downwind. LOL! NIMBY!

It's not the fossil fuel and it's CO2, it's the toxins that go with it. You think breathing mercury is a good idea? If not, you should stop using electricity from old coal plants. How about those sulfates that come out of Diesel exhaust pipes? Good for the environment, right? Old car engines and their nitrate emissions are almost as bad. Nothing like a little nitric acid falling on your neighbor downwind. LOL! NIMBY!

This thread is about how hypocritical warmers are when they won't even take a little time and expend a little effort to forgo using gasoline to mow their lawns. Apparently you don't want to talk about that so you try to change the subject. If you want to talk about diesel or coal plants or old cars, start a thread. :)

This thread is about how hypocritical warmers are when they won't even take a little time and expend a little effort to forgo using gasoline to mow their lawns. Apparently you don't want to talk about that so you try to change the subject. If you want to talk about diesel or coal plants or old cars, start a thread. :)
No, it's about you calling some people hypocrites that disagree with your worldview. I'm just pointing out that in one way or another everyone is a hypocrite, including you. You claim to be pro-environment but when someone mentioned how hypocritical you are in that respect you whine that it's "off topic". LMFAO! :lol:

And I did talk about using gasoline to mow my lawn - I don't and haven't for over 15 years. When that wasn't good enough for you, YOU diverted off gasoline and claimed I was still using fossil fuels - which just makes the above post that much more hypocritical of you.

Last edited:
No, it's about you calling some people hypocrites that disagree with your worldview. I'm just pointing out that in one way or another everyone is a hypocrite, including you. You claim to be pro-environment but when someone mentioned how hypocritical you are in that respect you whine that it's "off topic". LMFAO! :lol:

And I did talk about using gasoline to mow my lawn - I don't and haven't for over 15 years. When that wasn't good enough for you, YOU diverted off gasoline and claimed I was still using fossil fuels - which just makes the above post that much more hypocritical of you.

Ummm, gasoline kinda is a fossil fuel, LOL. And as usual even when you seem to start out with a rational post in the beginning of a thread each post deteriorates until you end up with a post like this. I am here to discuss issues you are here because you have issues, bad mix.:lol:

Ummm, gasoline kinda is a fossil fuel, LOL. And as usual even when you seem to start out with a rational post in the beginning of a thread each post deteriorates until you end up with a post like this. I am here to discuss issues you are here because you have issues, bad mix.:lol:
Oh, but that's not what you said in your OP or in your later post where you very specifically said "gasoline" while whining about me not sticking to the subject of gasoline lawn mowers. So, once again, you try to cover up your hypocritical actions. Good job! :D

Oh, but that's not what you said in your OP or in your later post where you very specifically said "gasoline" while whining about me not sticking to the subject of gasoline lawn mowers. So, once again, you try to cover up your hypocritical actions. Good job! :D

At the risk of repeating myself, "ummm, gasoline kinda is fossil fuel'. :lol: Seriously though if you want to talk about diesel motors or coal plants start a thread, this one is about choosing to use a gas mower instead of using one powered by your muscle, deal with it. I mean really, it seems like a very minor sacrifice to decrease your all important carbon foot print. Not a single one in the warmer cult has stepped up in here and said yes I use an old fashioned muscle mower to reduce my impact an AGW. If one does I will be impressed and consider them at least somewhat less hypocritical than the average warmer. Catawba for instance has roof top solar panels which is what you should do to charge your mower. I could be wrong but I think you have said before in here you are anti nuke power.

At the risk of repeating myself, "ummm, gasoline kinda is fossil fuel'. :lol: Seriously though if you want to talk about diesel motors or coal plants start a thread, this one is about choosing to use a gas mower instead of using one powered by your muscle, deal with it. I mean really, it seems like a very minor sacrifice to decrease your all important carbon foot print. Not a single one in the warmer cult has stepped up in here and said yes I use an old fashioned muscle mower to reduce my impact an AGW. If one does I will be impressed and consider them at least somewhat less hypocritical than the average warmer. Catawba for instance has roof top solar panels which is what you should do to charge your mower. I could be wrong but I think you have said before in here you are anti nuke power.
Ummm, at the risk of repeating myself, coal isn't derived from gasoline or oil and gasoline isn't derived from coal. If you want to get technical, gasoline, coal, and the carbohydrates you eat are all sources of hydrocarbon-based energy. So what?

You think all warmers are hypocritical already. This thread is just one more chance for you to say that. At the same time, you're hypocritical as well and, as far as I'm concerned, in the worst possible way - you've shown yourself to be a NIMBY.

So you actually use a non power push mower now?

No. Where did you get that idea? I have a better push-spinny-mower. One that isn't ancient and rusted.

Confirmation bias.

What riding mower do you have? I have a Craftsman that I mow an acre with, love it.

EDIT: This one to be precise, been a great machine.

Craftsman 46" Tractor: Get a Clean, Professional Cut at Sears
Less than a month ago I bought a 21 HP Craftsman with a 42 inch mowing deck.

The first time I used it the front wheels got stuck sideways. I just kicked them straight and continued to mow. I haven't checked under there to see if there is any damage to the front end yet.

Have you had any steering problems with yours?

Ummm, at the risk of repeating myself, coal isn't derived from gasoline or oil and gasoline isn't derived from coal. If you want to get technical, gasoline, coal, and the carbohydrates you eat are all sources of hydrocarbon-based energy. So what?

You think all warmers are hypocritical already. This thread is just one more chance for you to say that. At the same time, you're hypocritical as well and, as far as I'm concerned, in the worst possible way - you've shown yourself to be a NIMBY.

So the Mohave desert is in Idaho, that's your story and you're sticking to it.:lol:

Less than a month ago I bought a 21 HP Craftsman with a 42 inch mowing deck.

The first time I used it the front wheels got stuck sideways. I just kicked them straight and continued to mow. I haven't checked under there to see if there is any damage to the front end yet.

Have you had any steering problems with yours?

This will be my 4th season with my Craftsman. I have never had a wheel problem or any problem at all for that matter, it's a good machine. One thing though, I did hit a rock and striped a spline for one of the blades which is meant to happen kind of like a shear bolt breaking. To replace it you are supposed to remove the entire mower assembly to drive the pin down through its housing. I just removed the rubber foot pad and drilled a hole above the pin so I could stick a screwdriver through it and tap it out. The mower should have come with a service hole there but it's there now, on the right side anyway.

So the Mohave desert is in Idaho, that's your story and you're sticking to it.:lol:
And somewhere out there in that desert there's a forest that's at least 15 miles in radius with your cabin in the middle of it - that's your story and you're sticking to it.
:lamo

And somewhere out there in that desert there's a forest that's at least 15 miles in radius with your cabin in the middle of it - that's your story and you're sticking to it.
:lamo

It suddenly occurs to me that you and deuce are the same person. Id say Deuce is the personality on his own computer while Mo is using mom's . Somebody should look into this.:lol:

It suddenly occurs to me that you and deuce are the same person. Id say Deuce is the personality on his own computer while Mo is using mom's . Somebody should look into this.:lol:
If that's supposed to be an insult it failed miserably. :lol:

If that's supposed to be an insult it failed miserably. :lol:

Not an insult just an observation. If you are not the same person you are maybe on the same meds. I know a guy on anti depressants and when he over medicates he gets just like you and deuce, he starts rambling weird stuff nobody but him understands. He's a good friend and when he gets that way I say "Joe, adjust your meds, you're off the rails".

Back
Top Bottom