• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Green energy is great if you can afford it.

But it may not actually be them. It will depend on future energy prices. It is entirely possible that in the future these prices to back up, and they make a surplus to cancel it out. That is one nice thing that a government can do well for its people is provide stability by absorbing short term deficits in tough times until things bounce back. Really nothing wrong with that.

Maybe you should read the article again. The townspeople are not actually paying higher rates right now. They might in the future, but it's also possible things could swing back the other way and cancel them out. If that happens it would then be you who would owe me the extra money.

So you just don't really understand how investments work do you? Generally, with an investment, the idea is that you ensure a substantial cost up front, and then over time, you make more money than you had originally. You may not be able to afford the upfront costs, but the government can, and over the long haul you will be much better off for it.

The government isn't paying my electric bill i am.
neither are you.

i can't afford your warm fuzzy's. neither can many other Americans.
this the problems with elitists.

just like i can't afford your electric cars or hybrids either.
they are too expensive for an average income family.

sure i can't afford it.

I like the lights on and the heat and the AC on in my home.
i like being able to cook food etc ...

i can't afford another 1k-2k dollars a year in electric.

glad you can.

Did you even read the text you quoted. It’s a thousand dollars over FOUR years.

Sure, that’s some scratch, but not what you’re making it out to be.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tex...ppy-while-sticking-its-citizens-with-the-bill

Now, however, they are on the defensive over electricity costs that have their residents paying more than $1,000 per household in higher electricity charges over the last four years.
That’s right - $1,219 per household in higher electricity costs for the 71,000 residents of Georgetown, Texas,

i know i can't afford that.

my electric bill is high enough the way that it is.

VCR's were great if you could afford them, in 1973.
They carried a price tag of between $1400 and $3500 back then.

The first practical "CONSUMER" (and I use that term loosely) DVD burner was five thousand dollars.

Now, when you throw in repressive state politics with an eye for revanchism, not only does the high cost of new tech play a factor, so does the revanchism:

"But Texas’ electricity market excludes municipal utilities like Georgetown’s from competition, leaving consumers without choice and allowing political decisions – rather than market forces – to determine the mix of electricity suppliers."

I don't imagine that any rational person would demand that political decisions should determine the mix of electricity suppliers.
After all, it wasn't political decisions that brought the prices of VCR's and DVD burners down.

But by all means, go ahead and do your "buggy whip maker" speech and blame green energy itself.
I'm sure a handful of people will automatically believe Fox News, they always do.

"With television, you just sit - watch - listen. The thinking is done for you."
---Roger Ailes

sure i can't afford it.

I like the lights on and the heat and the AC on in my home.
i like being able to cook food etc ...

i can't afford another 1k-2k dollars a year in electric.

glad you can.

Do you like being able to breathe? My province shut down it's coal fired generating stations and yes, hydro bills went up, but we now have 0 smog days in the summer. (the govt has since lowered hydro bills due to public outrage and there is an assistance program for those on low income) What's more important - your life or a few dollars?

Back
Top Bottom