• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Green Bay Packers fire McCarthy!!!.

GDViking

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Green bay packers fire McCarthy!!!

WTF, if anything they should have benched the little whiny brat Rodgers, and put him in his place.

This will lead to the NFC North being a competition between Minnesota and Chicago for many years to come...

WTF, if anything they should have benched the little whiny brat Rodgers, and put him in his place.

This will lead to the NFC North being a competition between Minnesota and Chicago for many years to come...

Well, the did just lose to the Cardinals.

I mean, it's not quite as bad as losing to San Fran but not too far off.

You shouldn't fire a successful coach for a missed field goal, you should bench your QB for putting them in a position to need a field goal just to tie against a weak team...

Hell the Vikings lost to Buffalo and Chicago lost to the giants.

Any given Sunday...

You shouldn't fire a successful coach for a missed field goal, you should bench your QB for putting them in a position to need a field goal just to tie against a weak team...

Yeah. Rogers now plays QB like Danica drives.

Yep. I saw that score long before I saw that they axed their ****ty coach. Seems the two do go hand in hand.

They should send Crosby packing alongside McCarthy.

I wonder what excuses people will come up in defending Aaron Rodgers?

He has been very average this year. Middle of the pack qb.

Did not see that coming, but hey, this team has been one of the most disappointing teams in the NFL so far. Rodgers is the one who under performs, but sadly it is the coach he is leaving the team after being sacked. What is that going to help this late in the season. They are not going to go to the SB or even to the playoffs IMHO. Because the remaining games are:

vs. Falcons (4-8), at Bears (8-4), at Jets (3-9), vs. Lions (4-8)

And at least 2 of them they are going to loose, at the Bears they will loose and maybe against the Jets (not too bad of a defense).

I seriously doubt they will get into the wildcard round. They should have kept him on and let him go at the end of the season. He has been a coach that brought them a SB and a team built around a QB alone will never win a lot of games. Brady has loads of co-stars, the Packers is mostly Rodgers and some minor players. That will no fly in this day and age of great offenses in the NFL.

Did not see that coming, but hey, this team has been one of the most disappointing teams in the NFL so far. Rodgers is the one who under performs, but sadly it is the coach he is leaving the team after being sacked. What is that going to help this late in the season. They are not going to go to the SB or even to the playoffs IMHO. Because the remaining games are:

And at least 2 of them they are going to loose, at the Bears they will loose and maybe against the Jets (not too bad of a defense).

I seriously doubt they will get into the wildcard round. They should have kept him on and let him go at the end of the season. He has been a coach that brought them a SB and a team built around a QB alone will never win a lot of games. Brady has loads of co-stars, the Packers is mostly Rodgers and some minor players. That will no fly in this day and age of great offenses in the NFL.

Brady has very little co-stars. An average defense, a beat up Gronk and Julian Edelman, and no star WRs.

Brady has very little co-stars. An average defense, a beat up Gronk and Julian Edelman, and no star WRs.

He has several good running backs, Gronk (normally a lot better), Edelman and Gordon. Fact is 9 times out of 10 Brady finds someone to help him win, Aaron Rodgers fails to do that this year.

Sometimes teams give up before the current season is over, they dont care about it anymore, so they be one of the first to be in the market looking for a new coach trying to attract quality....every day they have the market to themselves is an advantage...all of the attention is on their job opening.

Sometimes teams give up before the current season is over, they dont care about it anymore, so they be one of the first to be in the market looking for a new coach trying to attract quality....every day they have the market to themselves is an advantage...all of the attention is on their job opening.

I think they already have their coach of the future in their offensive coordinator, and I think he was hand picked by Rodgers.

As a Vikings fan I am loving all of this...

I think they already have their coach of the future in their offensive coordinator, and I think he was hand picked by Rodgers.

As a Vikings fan I am loving all of this...

Urban Myer will have his choice of Cleveland or Green Bay. I saw the Packers will be his choice.

I think Urban is sick and tired from the politcs of college football.

I'm actually surprised it didn't happen after last season.

There has been a disconnect with this team for a couple of years at least. You can watch film of Green Bay from 2010 and their offense looks exactly the same today. Without any evolution to their overall scheme, they are now entirely dependent upon Aaron Rodgers's talent and ability to extend plays. This is no longer working.

Don't even get me started on the defense. Except for one "blip" in 2010(Superbowl year) where they managed to come up with a disproportionate number of turnovers, their defense has been lousy. Consistently lousy.

Kudos for the team pulling the plug. This thing was broken.

You're kidding, right? McCarthy probably should have gotten canned after last year. He's awful.

Urban Myer will have his choice of Cleveland or Green Bay. I saw the Packers will be his choice.

I think Urban is sick and tired from the politcs of college football.

Maybe, we will have to see. All I know is GB will be in Chaos for years to come.

The only reason GB has had any success is that they have had two hall of fame QBs starting for over twenty years.

Rodgers is looking human, so they fired his coach, if I were a packers fan I work be pissed.

Also, being a publicly owned company that does not give a penny back to their stock holders, who gets their profits???

I am a Packer fan. Have been ever since I started watching football. Mike McCarthy was a good for GB for many years. The team has had its share of injuries the last few years. The defense has been average at best. This year the weakness in the secondary continues. The play calling on offense has gotten a bit unsettling. For example, 3rd and 10 and not bad field position and a run was called. Didn't work.

Yes, AR is not a sharp as past years. Nor are the receivers or running backs. I do think it is time for a staff change. I would have waited till the end of the season. It is pretty clear with the loss today, there will be no post season games.

He's thrown one interception all year. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the problem in Green Bay.

He is like the 25th ranked QB in terms of QBR. Give me a break.

He has several good running backs, Gronk (normally a lot better), Edelman and Gordon. Fact is 9 times out of 10 Brady finds someone to help him win, Aaron Rodgers fails to do that this year.

The Patriots would will to have Davente Adams or those stud rookie WRs.

The Packers also have a pro bowl TE in Jimmy Graham.

He is like the 25th ranked QB in terms of QBR. Give me a break.

19th, actually, largely due to his excessive workload. QBR is far from a perfect stat.

The Patriots would will to have Davente Adams or those stud rookie WRs.

The Packers also have a pro bowl TE in Jimmy Graham.

Jimmy Graham is essentially worthless now. He hasn't been any good in a few years.

I hope the Packers hire Marc Trestman or John Fox as their HC next season. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom