• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Greatest Person of All Time

Gandhi>Bush said:
The same delicious water through the same healthy pipes.

We've completely gone off topic.

Gandhi drinks his own urine! Did Christ?

I think not.

Case closed.

Next!

Fine. I was just being informative. :3oops: :( :3oops: :mrgreen:

I was just being an idiot in an attempt to get back to topic.

Bad moderator! Bad!

Gandhi>Bush said:
I was just being an idiot in an attempt to get back to topic.

Bad moderator! Bad!

That's just it Ghandi being (not my words) "the greatest person" drank his urine would his devoted followers do the same? It's healthy

For one thing, it is still talked about whether or not Gandhi drank his urine or not. Is that important? Gandhi's dieting is the last thing I think about when I think about him.

I'm a huge Gandhi fan, and if I saw a video tape and that showed Gandhi drinking his urine and saying "you must do this or I don't like you," I still wouldn't drink my own urine. It's irrelevant to the nature of the man though.

Gandhi>Bush said:
For one thing, it is still talked about whether or not Gandhi drank his urine or not. Is that important? Gandhi's dieting is the last thing I think about when I think about him.

I'm a huge Gandhi fan, and if I saw a video tape and that showed Gandhi drinking his urine and saying "you must do this or I don't like you," I still wouldn't drink my own urine. It's irrelevant to the nature of the man though.

So why do some people (no names please ;) ) think that followers of Christ are being hypocrites when they don't do the things that Christ did?

It makes Christ's supremacy no less.

Yet people try to take all the praise and glory that He deserves because a few/a lot of His followers behave as if the devil has more influence on them than the Lord.

Gandhi>Bush said:
For the record:

I would drink Gandhi's urine as well.
Personal preferences are not debatable. This saying is a version of a Latin proverb, De gustibus non est disputandum.

Your use of the words, "as well" indicate that you do, or at least would, drink the urine of at least one other person. Care to elaborate?

Fantasea said:
Personal preferences are not debatable. This saying is a version of a Latin proverb, De gustibus non est disputandum.

Your use of the words, "as well" indicate that you do, or at least would, drink the urine of at least one other person. Care to elaborate?

:rofl :spin: :rofl

GetVictd said:
So why do some people (no names please ;) ) think that followers of Christ are being hypocrites when they don't do the things that Christ did?
Actions sometimes being difficult to ignore, it's often just a matter of simple observation. Here is the teaching. It does not contain the word "optional".

Mark 8:34-38 (NAS) And He summoned the multitude with His disciples, and said to them, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's shall save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? For what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."
Absolutely correct.
Yet people try to take all the praise and glory that He deserves because a few/a lot of His followers behave as if the devil has more influence on them than the Lord.
Of course. There have always been those who will do anything and everything possible to discredit Christ. Hypocrites who call themselves Christian while they spit in His eye, just make it easier for detractors to criticize Christ.

Why don't you just name me the greatest person to ever live. I mean I've saved a life and there was no violence, I got into a fight in third grade, but that is all you have against me, so HA! i win.

GetVictd said:

Drinking one's one pee does not hurt anyone(might want to check with the CDC to be sure). Crusades, etc. killed alot of people.

I'm not calling him a bad person by any means.

satanloveslibs said:
and Ronald Regan ( just kidding)

You better be. :blowup:

My top ten list:

1. Jesus
2. Gahndi
3. Peter The Great
4. Andre Sakarov
5. Johannes Salk
6. Augustus
7. Alexander The Great
8. Constantine The Great
9. Alexander The Great Of Russia
10. Nikita S Kruestchev

Soviet_Guy said:
My top ten list:

1. Jesus
2. Gahndi
3. Peter The Great
4. Andre Sakarov
5. Johannes Salk
6. Augustus
7. Alexander The Great
8. Constantine The Great
9. Alexander The Great Of Russia
10. Nikita S Kruestchev

For pete's sake it's GandHi! Notice where the H is!

Why do you think Jesus is better than Gandhi?

Gandhi>Bush said:

Jesus was God incarnate. He lived a Holy & Righteous life 100% free of sin. I think that qualifies him as the greatest person of all time. Not even Gandhi can have that claim.

Well, if you want to look at it that way Jesus wasn't really Human, he was a God. That's not really fair now is it?

Personally, I like both of their ideals. Most are the same. Love thy enemy, eye for an eye sucks, help the poor, turn the other cheek, etc. I just liked arguing about it earlier because the idea of arguing with a christian about someone being better than Jesus was incredibly funny to me. Even more so the way it ended.

Satinloveslibs- "We'll call it a tie..."

Gandhi>Bush said:
Well, if you want to look at it that way Jesus wasn't really Human, he was a God. That's not really fair now is it?

Personally, I like both of their ideals. Most are the same. Love thy enemy, eye for an eye sucks, help the poor, turn the other cheek, etc. I just liked arguing about it earlier because the idea of arguing with a christian about someone being better than Jesus was incredibly funny to me. Even more so the way it ended.

Satinloveslibs- "We'll call it a tie..."
What about Bush? I think, in light of him being man of the year, that maybe we should also consider him in the nomination.

Lol. Bush ...>.... Gandhi?

What a terrible screen name.

Gandhi>Bush said:

Sorry, I do mispell Gandhi qiet occasionally.

Jesus was the son of God, I'm Orthodox so I believe that the Holy Spirit, God and Jesus are one and the same, but I see Jesus as the HUMAN form of God.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Lol. Bush ...>.... Gandhi?

What a terrible screen name.
That's right... How many lives did Gandhi save through blowing up a deadly and evil, bad bad, naughty country like Iraq?

sebastiansdreams said:
That's right... How many lives did Gandhi save through blowing up a deadly and evil, bad bad, naughty country like Iraq?

Ohh yeah... got me there....

/sarcasm

My list would be as follows.
1) Jesus
2) Buddha
3) Plato
4) Muhammad
5) Confucius
6) Francis of Assisi
7) Gandhi
8 Benjamin Franklin
9) Aristotle
10) Nicoli Tesla

But those are the one's I believe had the greatest influence in the World.

ENS said:
My list would be as follows.
Benjamin Franklin

Why? He wasn't a saint and he had no impact on the world, the United States was nothing when he was around, so why, why put him on the top 100 list? As for Confucsious, you put him higher than Gandhi?

Franklin's influence on the French government helped bankrupt the French government by financing the American Revolution and that contributed to the simultaneous overthrow of Monarchies in France and America bringing in a New Age not of absolute power by a monarch but of governments of a consenting populace. He also edited the Declaration of Independence.
I put Confucius above Gandhi because he has had a greater positive influence on a greater number of people.
Gandhi leaned and taught non-violent disobedience to achieve a political goal and although Nobel that wouldn't put him in my top five. Drinking his own urine and those constant hunger strikes knocked him down a place or two as well.

Gandhi>Bush said:
The same delicious water through the same healthy pipes.

We've completely gone off topic.

Gandhi drinks his own urine! Did Christ?

I think not.

Case closed.

Next!

Christ would have turned the urine into wine first.

Could Gandhi do that?

I think not.

Case closed.

Let us not go back to talking about urine...

ENS said:
Franklin's influence on the French government helped bankrupt the French government by financing the American Revolution and that contributed to the simultaneous overthrow of Monarchies in France and America bringing in a New Age not of absolute power by a monarch but of governments of a consenting populace. He also edited the Declaration of Independence.
I put Confucius above Gandhi because he has had a greater positive influence on a greater number of people.
Gandhi leaned and taught non-violent disobedience to achieve a political goal and although Nobel that wouldn't put him in my top five. Drinking his own urine and those constant hunger strikes knocked him down a place or two as well.

:applaud wow, okay, you proved your point, but I doubt Gandhi drank hs own urine, I doubt it with a vengence!

Back
Top Bottom