• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Greatest Person of All Time

GarzaUK said:
They have murdered Americans 30 times hmm probably. And tell me how many innocents has the west killed over the decades. How many fathers, sons, brothers, daughters, mothers, sisters have we killed.

All we have done is justified the murder of innocents, with the murder of other innocents. During this war we have killed at least 5 times more innocents that 9/11. How is that right?

Fighting terrorism. Ha. How do you fight a concept, a concept that can melt into the shadows for years contemplating and waiting, then emerge to strike once more. Oh by the way I have "experienced" first hand terrorism.

And answer me this how is someone so opposed to abortion, believe that violence and killing of innocents can be right.

TAKING DOWN TERROISM MEANS TO STOP INNOCENT PEOPLE FROM DIEING! Do you really think that I believe innocents deaths are good? The war is called the terrorist war, not the "oh kill innocent civilians" I'm for the terrorist war.RIGHT TO LIFE, and the right to be free. For babies and people being oppressed by a dictator.duh!

satinloveslibs said:
"Treat others how you would want to be treated" How would you like it if you were oppressed by a dictator and being raped and used by their chemical bombs. We've set up a government there that works and is the best. We've have saved more than killed.

Curious since the USA and the UK have supported dictators in the past that raped commite genecide, one of them was Saddam Hussein. Another one was Pol Pot - type that into google! See what comes up.
We have destroyed elected governments and installed dictators! I suggest you research the past of the Western world.

Anyhow Gandhi I don't know really who the greatest person ever was. It's a hard one.

satinloveslibs said:
TAKING DOWN TERROISM MEANS TO STOP INNOCENT PEOPLE FROM DIEING! Do you really think that I believe innocents deaths are good? The war is called the terrorist war, not the "oh kill innocent civilians" I'm for the terrorist war.RIGHT TO LIFE, and the right to be free. For babies and people being oppressed by a dictator.duh!

I'm sorry Gandhi, this isn't the type of thread you wanted man. Apolgies.

Let me ask you how many Iraqi deaths were contributed to terrorism, before we arrived there? If you think you fight terrorism with firepower, good lord you are in for a big shock.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Kerry is no where to be found on the list.

Returning fire with fire, hatred with hatred, will never in a million years end terrorism.

That is foolish. Let us not digress into a terrorism thread...

Let's hear more suggestions for greatest people ever!

How about MLK? Definitely the greatest American by my standards.

Who's MLK?

How about Solon of Athens?

As the creator of ancient Athens' democratic constitution, his ideas form the bedrock upon which our political system is built.

While it was not perfect (slavery was still legal), his constitution introduced the trial by jury and gave the lower classes a voice in government.

And best of all, at the height of his power, he walked away! Not too many in the ancient world could claim that distinction. He set a great precedent for the peaceful transfer of power, which we Americans are fortunate enough for to take for granted.

Solon of Athens? I don't know much about him. I'll do some reading.

Martin Luther King Jr. preached non-violence and he never condoned the violent ideas of Malcom X. Malcom X was just as much a racist as many whites were. That is why MLK beats Malcom X, hands down. If MLK had not condoned violence, I believe The Civil Rights Movement would have taken alot more time, and the healing process between whites and blacks would have taken much longer.

Gandhi>Bush said:
You're absolutley right.

Jesus effected many more lives than Gandhi.

You know how I know that? I read about a little thing called The Crusades, and the Dark Ages, and the Salem Witch Trials...

Gandhi's followers weren't always adherring to Gandhi's philosphies, but for the most part the method for gaining India's independence was made by non violent actions of the Mahatma and his followers. Can you say the same about Christians trying to retake the "holy land."
Does the original question relate to the person? Or, to those who follow precisely in his footsteps? Or, to those who claim to be followers but whose actions more closely resemble those of hypocrites?

Deus Ex Machina said:
And best of all, at the height of his power, he walked away! Not too many in the ancient world could claim that distinction. He set a great precedent for the peaceful transfer of power, which we Americans are fortunate enough for to take for granted.
Washington did that with America as well. He might have been a lousy-ass General, but he was a great leader.

But I will have to go with satin on this (after all, I love the feel of satin).
I think Christ was the greatest single person of all time. He opened the gates of heaven, and sacrificed His life so that anyone could enter it. He healed the sick, he fed the hungry, and he showed love to everyone. He was wise, and patient, and loving, but more than anything He was humble. He had the power of the universe at His fingertips, and yet He chose to be mortal. That, that sign of meakness and empathy, that is what I find most admirable about Him. There is no doubt that if He would have stayed on earth longer than He did, His deeds would have far surpassed Gandhi's, but He ascended at mid-thirty. I mean, let's face it, Gandhi, as wonderful as he was, never raised anyone from the dead. And he certainly played no part in bringing the world closer to God. He was a wonderful man. But a runner up, in my opinion.

Granted, those that have attempted to follow Him have failed in unforgivable ways. But, you can not put that on Him, for He allowed them to make their own choices. But in regards to the most purposeful, the greatest person, it would have to be Christ.

If you're Christian then Jesus is perfect, so it's not fair to count him!

sebastiansdreams said:
There is no doubt that if He would have stayed on earth longer than He did, His deeds would have far surpassed Gandhi's, but He ascended at mid-thirty. I mean, let's face it, Gandhi, as wonderful as he was, never raised anyone from the dead. And he certainly played no part in bringing the world closer to God. He was a wonderful man. But a runner up, in my opinion.

Gandhi showed everyone that ever called him, or anyone for that matter, an idealist that they were wrong. That peace is possible if you truly desire it to be. That we don't have to kill.

Jesus raising one from the dead is debateable. Let's presuppose that he did. Jesus was given the power to work miracles on earth. Gandhi was completely, through and through, a man. Jesus, in my opinion, was beyond the capacity of humanity, after all he is the son of God.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Gandhi showed everyone that ever called him, or anyone for that matter, an idealist that they were wrong. That peace is possible if you truly desire it to be. That we don't have to kill.
Unfortunately I think you mean that peace is possible if only you and everyone around you desire it be. There will always be others that can and will enact violence on the peaceful.

Jesus raising one from the dead is debateable. Let's presuppose that he did. Jesus was given the power to work miracles on earth. Gandhi was completely, through and through, a man. Jesus, in my opinion, was beyond the capacity of humanity, after all he is the son of God.
But, with that great power came the potential to do incredibly bad things. You remember that Jesus was tempted by Satan himself. If Christ were less of a man, He would use His power in a way not pleasing to His father.

But, I do suppose that God on earth is a cop out. What about my father? I certainly think he is in the top running. :)

sebastiansdreams said:
Unfortunately I think you mean that peace is possible if only you and everyone around you desire it be. There will always be others that can and will enact violence on the peaceful.

Yes. At that time they were called the British.

I pick Jesus first.
2nd although I'm Not a Catholic Pope John Paul II. The guy was wonderful and loving to all.
I would say George W. Bush lol but even though I love him, he does have a few flaws.

Ghandi Drank Urine.

Urine contains vitamin B-12, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, and other vitamins, and many minerals. There are approximately 200 known biochemical elements in urine, but researchers believe this is just the tip of the iceberg. Dr. Beatrice Bartnett writes that it is now known that urine contains thousands of bio-chemical compounds, but that only 200 or so have been studied as compounds of interest to medical scientists. Urine contains elements found in the diet, mixed with elements of the blood, and filtered by the liver and kidneys, before flowing out of the body. Most of the toxic matter (if any) in the food we eat is filtered out of the blood, through the liver and kidneys. Any toxic matter that makes its way to the urine would be highly diluted. The end product, urine, is actually less toxic and more alive than much of the food and drink that goes into the body. The body is even able to digest junk foods and devitalized liquids, and produce from it a valuable, medicinal drink. Urine is medicinal, cleansing, and nourishing. Think how much more valuable and medicinal is the urine from healthy, clean blood, which is fed by pure, natural, organic, raw foods. Drinking your own urine makes you think seriously about what you eat.

GetVictd said:
Ghandi Drank Urine.

Urine contains vitamin B-12, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, and other vitamins, and many minerals. There are approximately 200 known biochemical elements in urine, but researchers believe this is just the tip of the iceberg. Dr. Beatrice Bartnett writes that it is now known that urine contains thousands of bio-chemical compounds, but that only 200 or so have been studied as compounds of interest to medical scientists. Urine contains elements found in the diet, mixed with elements of the blood, and filtered by the liver and kidneys, before flowing out of the body. Most of the toxic matter (if any) in the food we eat is filtered out of the blood, through the liver and kidneys. Any toxic matter that makes its way to the urine would be highly diluted. The end product, urine, is actually less toxic and more alive than much of the food and drink that goes into the body. The body is even able to digest junk foods and devitalized liquids, and produce from it a valuable, medicinal drink. Urine is medicinal, cleansing, and nourishing. Think how much more valuable and medicinal is the urine from healthy, clean blood, which is fed by pure, natural, organic, raw foods. Drinking your own urine makes you think seriously about what you eat.
Would adding some well aged single malt scotch or Kentucky bourbon improve the palatability?

For the record:

I would drink Gandhi's urine as well.

That's cool. And just for the record, I would drink your urine!
:labor_day

What does my urine have to do with labor day?

I'm not sure, but the little smiley guyd drinking was certainly prevelant I thought.

Considering all the vitamins found in urine...is there anyone that would drink their on?

Oh and by drinking his urine did Ghandi cheat on his fast?

I don't if he drank the peaceful pee pee on his fast, but one way or another, urine could solve America's obiecity epidemic.

GetVictd said:
Considering all the vitamins found in urine...is there anyone that would drink their on?

Oh and by drinking his urine did Ghandi cheat on his fast?
Wait, there are vitamins in urine? Why would your body be excreting this material if it would do any good to keep it? Seems like digesting your waste is just like running the same water through the pipes over and over again.

The same delicious water through the same healthy pipes.

We've completely gone off topic.

Gandhi drinks his own urine! Did Christ?

I think not.

Case closed.

Next!

Gandhi>Bush said:
I don't if he drank the peaceful pee pee on his fast, but one way or another, urine could solve America's obesity epidemic.

Why is this because I would hurl everytime I brought the glass to my lips.

* Episode of CSI showed New Age Health Nuts drinking their urine
* There is reference in the OT (Bible) refering to eating dung and drinking urine (but it's more like a curse)

Isaiah 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? [hath he] not [sent me] to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own **** with you?

12 But the commander replied, "Was it only to your master and you that my master sent me to say these things, and not to the men sitting on the wall—who, like you, will have to eat their own filth and drink their own urine?"

Also New Age Health Nuts refer to it as, "Drinking from your own cisterns, where living waters will flow from." (also from the Bible)

Cistern = Cisternea (which is a bag...lol yeah pee bag.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom