• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greatest NFL Quarterback

5 best players in the history of the NFL in any order:

Lawrence Taylor

Jim Brown

Randy Moss

Tom Brady

Walter Payton
Chuck Bednarik, the last of the sixty minute men should make every list.

Seven rings and he's not number one in everybody's ratings? Winning is everything in professional sports.
his 10 super bowl appearances is more than probably 80% of the teams combined.

his 10 super bowl appearances is more than probably 80% of the teams combined.
I heard the other day he's been in half the super bowls since he entered the league. You might want to check this with mycroft, he thinks I just make stuff up.

I heard the other day he's been in half the super bowls since he entered the league. You might want to check this with mycroft, he thinks I just make stuff up.

Looks like it:

NFL Draft:2000 / Round: 6 / Pick: 199

He's been in 10 in 20 years.

Here is my list. Winning is not the most important factor. We also have a QB friendly pass orientated league now.

Other QB's like Young did not play nearly as long as others...

...some just have that ****ing insane skill but are on teams or organizations that just do not win as much.

Here is my list :

TOP TEN Quarterbacks

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Steve Young

3. Joe Montana

4. Peyton Manning

5. Johnny Unitas

6. Dan Marino

7. John Elway

8. Brett Favre

9. Drew Brees

10. Tom Brady

Notables

Roger Staubach, Otto Graham, Troy Aikman, Bart Starr, Russell Wilson, Sammy Baugh, Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms

Ben Roethlisberger, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts

And although it is WAAAAYY too early in his career, he still will be one of the greats... Patrick Mahomes...
Tom Brady, 7 rings, 5 mvps, won championship with 2 teams, been in 10 superbowls...bottom line, end of story......

Didn't Brady play against the Legion of Boom, which is considered a better defensive unit than the 85 bears and those 80's Giants team?

Didn't Brady beat the Rams - The greatest show on Field Turf and the Chiefs, Boy Wonder Pat Mahomes?

That statement seems absurdly biased.
A person that understands how the rules have changed to protect QB's and offense would not make a statement like you just did..

Tom Brady, 7 rings, 5 mvps, won championship with 2 teams, been in 10 superbowls...bottom line, end of story......
So you are arguing that Eli Manning is better than Steve Young? That Brad Johnson is better than Dan Marino? Really?

This is like calling Jordan a punk because he played in the no defense era of the NBA
Era of no defense? LOL Did you actually watch any basketball back then?

Here is my list. Winning is not the most important factor. We also have a QB friendly pass orientated league now.

Other QB's like Young did not play nearly as long as others...

...some just have that ****ing insane skill but are on teams or organizations that just do not win as much.

Here is my list :

TOP TEN Quarterbacks

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Steve Young

3. Joe Montana

4. Peyton Manning

5. Johnny Unitas

6. Dan Marino

7. John Elway

8. Brett Favre

9. Drew Brees

10. Tom Brady

Notables

Roger Staubach, Otto Graham, Troy Aikman, Bart Starr, Russell Wilson, Sammy Baugh, Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms

Ben Roethlisberger, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts

And although it is WAAAAYY too early in his career, he still will be one of the greats... Patrick Mahomes...

#8 was the greatest, IMO. Just as mike Tyson was the greatest heavyweight boxer.

Era of no defense? LOL Did you actually watch any basketball back then?
Let's face it, the whole "illegal defense" era favored athletes like Mike.

The counter-claim being made, is he has a superior supporting cast. Yeah, I don't buy it either.
That is one of the counter claims... another is that the rules have changed to immortalize QB's and allow offenses to go unchecked.

If Montana had todays rules he would have 15 Super Bowl Wins...

Let's face it, the whole "illegal defense" era favored athletes like Mike.
But zone would probably favor him more... imagine him picking it apart like Kobe, but better.

That is one of the counter claims... another is that the rules have changed to immortalize QB's and allow offenses to go unchecked.

If Montana had todays rules he would have 15 Super Bowl Wins...

These are arguments too nebulous to come to a finite conclusion, so I'm just sticking with Brady.

But zone would probably favor him more... imagine him picking it apart like Kobe, but better.
He'd just feast on pick and roll instead of iso. Plus, dude could straight up shoot.

OK, Tom just won me over.

Back
Top Bottom