• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greatest NFL Quarterback

Although Brady is not the most gifted passer or athlete, what he has accomplished since the age of 37 definitely makes him the most accomplished QB in NFL history.

4 SB rings AFTER the age of 37. Very few QBs are still in the league after 35.

He essentially has had two hall of fame careers in 1. If he had retired after 2010 you would have a definite hall of fame QB If you take his career from just 2011-2021, you have another hall of fame QB.

This

Physically Brady is not the best, but mentally he is. He is absolutely the best in the league at knowing how to win when it counts.

This

Physically Brady is not the best, but mentally he is. He is absolutely the best in the league at knowing how to win when it counts.
Hurts me to say it, but the dude is a legend.

Hurts me to say it, but the dude is a legend.

That he is doing it at the age he is, is just as amazing as the number of wins. All the QBs mentioned have been on teams that have been loaded with talent. Joe Montana had a great coach, potentially the best WR of all time, and when he left his replacement was extremely good as well ( Steve Young).

None have done what Brady has done, yes he has had top teams with him, but no team wins the Super Bowl without having an overall great team

Lol...that’s a ridiculous take when considering Brady’s stats last night and the MVP he won as a result. ...lol

When it mattered, the dude threw nothing but strikes: 21 of 29; 200 yards; 3TD, with no picks.

This thread is a total fail.
Not really... KC's two missing tackles is what made the game... not Brady.

Although Brady is not the most gifted passer or athlete, what he has accomplished since the age of 37 definitely makes him the most accomplished QB in NFL history.

4 SB rings AFTER the age of 37. Very few QBs are still in the league after 35.

He essentially has had two hall of fame careers in 1. If he had retired after 2010 you would have a definite hall of fame QB If you take his career from just 2011-2021, you have another hall of fame QB.
I have never denied that he is the winningest QB in NFL History...

...I would argue that what he is doing after 37 is going to become more of the norm...

This

It helps that teams 'he' has beaten have ****ed up really badly... like Green Bay. That cornerback screwing up the last second deep ball touchdown at the end of the first half...

sure it did
Why would you say that? I outlined how he did not do anything special... it was TB's D and the ineptness at KC's coaching, and missing starting tackles, that were the real story line. Seeing Mahomes running for his life had literally nothing to do with Brady. Then you look at the Atlanta Game, the Seahawks game... the Packers game.... losses to the Giants... etc.

Here is my list. Winning is not the most important factor. We also have a QB friendly pass orientated league now.

Other QB's like Young did not play nearly as long as others...

...some just have that ****ing insane skill but are on teams or organizations that just do not win as much.

Here is my list :

TOP TEN Quarterbacks

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Steve Young

3. Joe Montana

4. Peyton Manning

5. Johnny Unitas

6. Dan Marino

7. John Elway

8. Brett Favre

9. Drew Brees

10. Tom Brady

Notables

Roger Staubach, Otto Graham, Troy Aikman, Bart Starr, Russell Wilson, Sammy Baugh, Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms

Ben Roethlisberger, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts

And although it is WAAAAYY too early in his career, he still will be one of the greats... Patrick Mahomes...
I don't think anyone can argue with Tom Brady being the GOAT, but if I had to win one game for my life? Easy choice, Joe Montana

Why would you say that? I outlined how he did not do anything special... it was TB's D and the ineptness at KC's coaching, and missing starting tackles, that were the real story line. Seeing Mahomes running for his life had literally nothing to do with Brady. Then you look at the Atlanta Game, the Seahawks game... the Packers game.... losses to the Giants... etc.
3 TD, 0 picks 21 for 29 passing. Flawless game.

Here is my list. Winning is not the most important factor. We also have a QB friendly pass orientated league now.

Other QB's like Young did not play nearly as long as others...

...some just have that ****ing insane skill but are on teams or organizations that just do not win as much.

Here is my list :

TOP TEN Quarterbacks

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Steve Young

3. Joe Montana

4. Peyton Manning

5. Johnny Unitas

6. Dan Marino

7. John Elway

8. Brett Favre

9. Drew Brees

10. Tom Brady

Notables

Roger Staubach, Otto Graham, Troy Aikman, Bart Starr, Russell Wilson, Sammy Baugh, Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms

Ben Roethlisberger, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts

And although it is WAAAAYY too early in his career, he still will be one of the greats... Patrick Mahomes...

Look...i am not a huge Brady fan, but what he has done is incredible

He adds the IT factor to a team, and they "believe" that with him leading, they are unbeatable

To me, football is a TEAM game, and Brady makes the whole team better (Tampa Bay showed us that)

As far as skills, accuracy, rocket arm, and the rest....sure he may not be THE BEST....

But he is the GOAT....and it is going to take someone pretty damn special to knock him from that pedestal

I don't think anyone can argue with Tom Brady being the GOAT, but if I had to win one game for my life? Easy choice, Joe Montana
4-0 does sound better than 7 for 10. But, if I had to pick my QB for the entire playoffs, I'm going with Tommy.

He adds the IT factor to a team, and they "believe" that with him leading, they are unbeatable

To me, football is a TEAM game, and Brady makes the whole team better (Tampa Bay showed us that)

As far as skills, accuracy, rocket arm, and the rest....sure he may not be THE BEST....

But he is the GOAT....and it is going to take someone pretty damn special to knock him from that pedestal
Lots of teams with good defenses but no QB fail to reach the Super Bowl, much less win one. So, yeah. Brady made TB believe.

I agree... never said otherwise...
Yep. TEAM GAME. Brady has benefitted from being on great TEAMS.
Yep. Not The Best... just great at driving great teams with great coaching to victory.

4-0 does sound better than 7 for 10. But, if I had to pick my QB for the entire playoffs, I'm going with Tommy.
16-7 vs 33-11. How about this one. The San Francisco Bay Area has created the two greatest qb's in NFL history. (Joe played here, Brady grew up here).

Back
Top Bottom