• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greatest Guitar Album?

Are you Experienced has some serious credentials.

Good choices above. Think I will change things up

Doc Watson - Portrait.

The Layla Album, and Allman Bros 'Live at the Filmore' come immediately to mind.

'Little Wing' and 'Stormy Monday Blues', respectively

Might have to give special mention to Beck's 'Blow by Blow.

He's the reason why my first pro guitar was a Strat, when everyone I knew played Les Pauls & SGs.

Might have to give special mention to Beck's 'Blow by Blow.

He's the reason why my first pro guitar was a Strat, when everyone I knew played Les Pauls & SGs.

The Allman brothers debut album is way up there with Dreams. Very few bands had the sort of guitar firepower of Duane Allman and Dickie Betts. Of course Derek and the Dominos had Duane and Eric Clapton. Just about anything that had Duane on it is going to be top flight guitar work

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Live at Montreaux 1985

Leo Kottke - 6 and 12 String Guitar

Just about anything with David Gilmore.
I think he's one of the most under-rated guitarist ever.

Just about anything with David Gilmore.
I think he's one of the most under-rated guitarist ever.

He's good, never saw him as underrated. Kate Bush certainly rated him highly. as English Guitarists go, He's top drawer though I believe EC, Page, Winwood, Keith Richards and Martin Barre would probably rank ahead of him on most lists. but when you get to the top level its hard to say really who is best.

Albert Collins / Johnny Copeland / Robert Cray - Showdown ...

513iKcQtLvL.jpg

King Criimson - Discipline

Steve Vai - Passion & Warfare or Where The Wild Things Are or Alien Love Secrets

Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien, or any one of about 6 to 8 of his albums

Almoraima by Paco de Lucía

Try a different genre. His virtuosity will blow your mind.

Pretty much any Frank Zappa from the early 70's. One Size Fits All, Apostrophe, Overnight Sensation...he even did three 4 lp collections just of guitar instrumentals, Shut Up and Play Your Guitar, Shut Up and Play Your Guitar More, and Guitar.

Great thread. Hard to choose just one album. My first choice Highway Call by Dickey Betts. It is not just my opinion that Betts is one of the best pickers of all time.

From the album:

For those who want to skip to the riff it starts about 1.15 on Rain, the track above.

Johnny Winter and Rick Derringer

Back
Top Bottom